GDT: 4/9/17 - 5:00PM EDT - Buffalo VS Tampa Bay

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Tomorrow, it'll start our off season.
An off season that will be very long but also very important.
I hope we'll continue to talk about it, here :)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Islanders would have gotten the spot. Which is dumb considering we swept them this year.

Those SO wins come back to haunt you. The NHL does not even consider it a real win. Sure you get the 2 points but that ROW really makes a difference.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Well, Isles finished ahead of us. They won.

It's really more a reflection of the points TB left on the table than what would've happened if Toronto had lost last night.

That Coyotes game a few weeks back with the blown 3rd period lead? That game was the difference. We're gonna rue that one for quite a while. Win that game, and the Lightning make the playoffs.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
No doubt. They left 10 points on the table vs. Colorado, Vancouver, and Arizona this season. And guess what? Toronto is losing right now, and the Lightning may finish the season just one point behind them. Literally one single more win against ANY of those teams might've put them over the top.

It wasn't the teams above them, or even the teams on par with them, that did them in. It was the bottom-feeders. And that's painful.

It was the lightning that did themselves in, no one else. This team waited too long to get going, and it bit them hard.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I've heard a lot of these guys say all the right things before. That includes Cooper and the players. I have yet to see too many learned lessons.

I'll believe it when I see it. Gonna be a long summer folks.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This wasn’t talked about yesterday I think but during the day on Sunday a young goalie from Hedman’s Swedish club Modo was found dead and Hedman decided to honor him during the game with a sticker on his skate with his initials on it, amazing gesture by him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad