GDT: 4/9/17 - 5:00PM EDT - Buffalo VS Tampa Bay

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Thank goodness! You had us Sabres fans worried for a while there--3 spots higher in draft!

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Win!! At least it was a good way to end to season, let's hope we can start the season like this next year.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
crying-man.gif

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
If you had told me after the 52nd game of the season, when the Lightning were 19-27-6 (wins-losses-shootouts) that they would finish the season with a winning record, then, playoffs or not, I would've punched you in the face.

19-10-1 to finish the season, and a winning record to end the season on. Ultimately, it wasn't enough, but we can at least look back on this season and see they won more games than they lost. May not mean much to some, but that means a lot to me.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you had told me after the 52nd game of the season, when the Lightning were 19-27-6 (wins-losses-shootouts) that they would finish the season with a winning record, then, playoffs or not, I would've punched you in the face.

19-10-1 to finish the season, and a winning record to end the season on. Ultimately, it wasn't enough, but we can at least look back on this season and see they won more games than they lost. May not mean much to some, but that means a lot to me.

As I keep saying should be proud of this group to hang in it this long. The injuries did not help, and becoming sellers at TDL was likely the final nail but they kept pushing and kept it interesting till the end.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

It really is mixed feelings for me. As you say to see the team go on the run they did is really impressive. And to do it with the injuries and being sellers makes me proud of the guys to go from last in feb to where they finished. And yet knowing that only one more win is the difference make me disappointed and dissatisfied with this being how it ends.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
If anyone is interested you can watch the Joe Louis arena closing ceremony on Foxsportsgo.com. I am Clearwater, FL and it's available, so I think they're covering it nationally. I'm not a Wings fan by any measure but it's part of hockey history.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
It really is mixed feelings for me. As you say to see the team go on the run they did is really impressive. And to do it with the injuries and being sellers makes me proud of the guys to go from last in feb to where they finished. And yet knowing that only one more win is the difference make me disappointed and dissatisfied with this being how it ends.

No doubt. They left 10 points on the table vs. Colorado, Vancouver, and Arizona this season. And guess what? Toronto is losing right now, and the Lightning may finish the season just one point behind them. Literally one single more win against ANY of those teams might've put them over the top.

It wasn't the teams above them, or even the teams on par with them, that did them in. It was the bottom-feeders. And that's painful.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
No doubt. They left 10 points on the table vs. Colorado, Vancouver, and Arizona this season. And guess what? Toronto is losing right now, and the Lightning may finish the season just one point behind them. Literally one single more win against ANY of those teams might've put them over the top.

It wasn't the teams above them, or even the teams on par with them, that did them in. It was the bottom-feeders. And that's painful.

I hope this sinks in over the summer. I'm holding Victor to his word

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad