4-7: Botterill Presser Live

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Oh **** who dropped the RoR nuke.

**** your weak ass response big head. You got no cap relief in the trade and could have signed Skinner without trading RoR

Except he did and stop with the false narrative that we could afford Skinner and RoR. The trade MATTERS BEYOND 18-19.

Reactions: jd1970

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I missed a small bit at the end, but when asked about Risto he seemed to only mention his offense. Did I miss anything?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
#Sabres general manager Jason Botterill is set to address the media next from KeyBank Center! You can listen in live here:

Botterill - I want to thank Phil Housley. I enjoyed working with him for the last couple of years. He put a tremendous amount of time helping the organization. #Sabres

Botterill - The decision was not an easy one, but in the second half of this season, the results were not there. We are aresponsible for the success and failures of the organization. We are not pleased with where we're at. We all need to be accountable. #Sabres

Botterill - Some of the same mistakes were continually showing up, especially in the second half of the season. This is a results driven business, and the results weren't showing up. #Sabres

Botterill - Whenever you have a coaching change, you try to pinpoint who's at fault. Everyone needs to take some blame. We didn't put the right roster out there, we didn't give the players the right tools to succeed. #Sabres

Botterill - We did take some steps in the right direction, but we didn't carry over with the results in the second half. #Sabres

Botterill - Communication was a big part of what we wanted to change between the coaches and the players. Unfortunately, the message wasn't getting through. #Sabres

Botterill - Terry and Kim were not involved. I made my recommendation with them this morning and they accepted it and then I talked to Phil. "I did not look for player interaction, that is my decision."

Botterill - We're going to be open from what we want with our next head coach. #Sabres

Botterill - We have to continue to develop skill moving forward. It was great to see the success of Jack Eichel and Sam Reinhart. It was nice to see Jeff Skinner get to 40 goals, but we relied on them too much. We have to continue to find depth scoring. #Sabres

Botterill - We still have a lot to improve on defensively. We need to move pucks out of our own zone quicker and stay out of our own zone. #Sabres

Botterill on a Jeff Skinner extension - Both sides continue to focus on how to get a deal done. The relationship on both sides have been a positive one, but we continue to find a resolution. #Sabres

Botterill - The final decision on Phil Housley's staff will be up to the next head coach. #Sabres

Botterill - The first half of the year, we saw what this team could be in the future. It's evident with the young skill we have. Dahlin, Eichel, Reinhart, Mittelstadt... the energy is positive. There's work to be done. We're not a finished product by any means. #Sabres

Botterill - When I was hired here it was to get to the playoffs. Not just for one year, but be a consistent winner in this league. #Sabres

Botterill - You are always going to learn from different trades (the Ryan O'Reilly trade), but we're going to continue to make changes moving forward. #Sabres

Botterill - GMJB on ROR trade: “we also don’t think that trade is completed yet, there’s development there, draft picks and it also gave us cap space and resources that allowed us to go out and get Jeff Skinner...” #Sabres

Botterill - GMJB says that Skinner new deal can “100%” still happen #Sabres

Botterill - I trusted our players, felt comfortable with our players. I was going to trust them. I thought there was a big improvement in the coaching staff from last year, and we tried to bring in a player like Montour to help moving forward. #Sabres

Botterill - I did not look for the players' input on this decision. It was my decision. #Sabres

Reactions: dire wolf

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2