GDT: 4/7/18 - New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: The Last Supper Edition. RIP 2017-18 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Me today: Thank god this season will be over soon
Me tomorrow: When the **** is the next Rangers game

Better get the AV is **** canned announcement tomorrow.

If it happens, it’ll be mid week next week I would guess. Exit interviews first. Probably Monday.

Agreed about the feeling tomorrow. This is going to be weird. At least I have my second team winning the Presidents Trophy. I went to an awful lot of games when I lived in Nashville. I organized large groups to go and they sent me a certificate thingie. So that will be fun to watch.

Still, no playoff Rangers is just strange at this point.

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
Lose 1-0 in regulation! Hope Flyers Devils or someone knocks Tampa and Boston in 1st round.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If it happens, it’ll be mid week next week I would guess. Exit interviews first. Probably Monday.

Agreed about the feeling tomorrow. This is going to be weird. At least I have my second team winning the Presidents Trophy. I went to an awful lot of games when I lived in Nashville. I organized large groups to go and they sent me a certificate thingie. So that will be fun to watch.

Still, no playoff Rangers is just strange at this point.

Nashville won the Presidents' Trophy? I guess I lost track. I thought it was Tampa's to lose with Boston as a dark horse.

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Apparently if the Flyers win tonight the all-time matchup record will be tied, 155 wins each , with 37 ties. Hopefully it will be the decider in us winning the lottery, would make that a lot easier to swallow.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can't wait to try and get to work through downtown once the playoffs start. :help:

I've never been to Nashville, but that's probably the next city on my list of where I want to visit. It actually really warms my heart that they've embraced hockey. Are their fans bandwagon-y? Sure. But so are Pens fans. I lived in Pittsburgh and despite their fans being bandwagon-y, they cared a million times more about hockey than Rangers fans and the Rangers have been one of the best franchises in the NHL the last dozen or so years.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
While I give Staal credit for being less of a trainwreck this season than last, and settling into a decent 3rd pairing PK role moving forward, you'd have a hard time placing a player as more offensively inept than him.

1 goal and 8 points in a full season. Only Justin Falk, Eric Gudbranson and Brandon Carlo have fewer points per minute from regular NHL defenseman.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yeah, I'm expecting exit meetings and all that to be Monday and they probably won't look to make a move until later in the week. Tortorella got sacked after he got buried in the exit interviews with the players.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
63sMV2R.png

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Eh, I'm a big believer in karma. If the Rangers look like they're mailing it in for the sake of a higher draft pick, it'll come back in a bad way.

Just play the game and win or lose, play the best that you can.

Plus, this movement of Florida fans donating money for a good cause in the case of a win hits me right in the feels. **** Philly, I want Florida in the playoffs. Maaaaaybe send us Borgstrom this June for TB's 1st rounder and we'll consider it even :)

:thumbu:

And 10k already done by our owner

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Eh, I'm a big believer in karma. If the Rangers look like they're mailing it in for the sake of a higher draft pick, it'll come back in a bad way.

Just play the game and win or lose, play the best that you can.

Plus, this movement of Florida fans donating money for a good cause in the case of a win hits me right in the feels. **** Philly, I want Florida in the playoffs. Maaaaaybe send us Borgstrom this June for TB's 1st rounder and we'll consider it even :)

Karma?

We've seen other teams basically sit players down the stretch with hangnails and hurt feelings.

Meanwhile the Rangers tried to express track Shattenkirk back from knee surgery, continue to give Hank starts even though they had every excuse to give him the rest of the season off and threw a visibly less than 100% Zuccarello out there against the Islanders on Thursday. I wish Karma had a say in the draft lottery, We'd be a lock for #1 if that were the case.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Payback scenario for Hank. Looking forward to him having an amazing game. Want to see the youngins do well.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
"Let me tell you kids about the time I took a regular shift in the NHL"-Grandpa Steven Forgarty, Christmas 2068.

Philly will come out pumped. I'm not really worried about a win. Let's see who comes out for Fogarty and Belesky...Carey and Holland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad