GDT: 4/7/18 - New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: The Last Supper Edition. RIP 2017-18 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Put it out of its misery.

tenor.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So with Beleskey and Fogarty recalled, one would assume guys like Kreider, Zuccarello and possibly Zibanejad aren't playing in this one? Why else recall (2) more forwards when they already had one sitting?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Listen, I am fond of the Cats and hate the Flyers, but the ONLY good result from this game for the Rangers would be a loss. We’re talking a spread of three spots at the top of the draft and double the odds in the lottery. People do understand that, right?
Is there a way to “like” a Post a zillion times?!?!

JUST LOSE!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Listen, I am fond of the Cats and hate the Flyers, but the ONLY good result from this game for the Rangers would be a [regulation] loss. We’re talking a spread of three spots at the top of the draft and double the odds in the lottery. People do understand that, right?

But muh winning! I need to prove to the world what kind of winner I am and how passionate I am about muh winning!

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
So with Beleskey and Fogarty recalled, one would assume guys like Kreider, Zuccarello and possibly Zibanejad aren't playing in this one? Why else recall (2) more forwards when they already had one sitting?

Is there any info on today's lineup and scratches?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yeah, give me the regulation loss. The Flyers are ultimately getting bounced in round 1 anyway. I wanted the Cats to make it but I'm not sacrificing better lottery odds and a possible spread of 2-3 spots in the draft for it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Give it a rest already, it was fun at first but now it's really annoying.

Relax. I just find it ridiculous that fans can't root against their team for ONE game that could make an exponential difference for their franchise. And not only that a lot of these fans are proud of it too.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I think the other thing here is even if we beat Philly there's a solid chance they get in anyway. If this was a win or go home situation for them that'd make it more of a debate to me.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
But muh winning! I need to prove to the world what kind of winner I am and how passionate I am about muh winning!
As long as someone isn';t being a prick to the tank oriented people they're allowed to want to win against a hated rival even at the cost of 3 draft spots. No one is wrong (Unless they're being a prick).

I unequivocally cast my vote for losing btw. I fantasize about a world where we lost merely 3 or 4 more games this year but it didn't happen

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
As long as someone isn';t being a prick to the tank oriented people they're allowed to want to win against a hated rival even at the cost of 3 draft spots. No one is wrong (Unless they're being a prick).

I unequivocally cast my vote for losing btw. I fantasize about a world where we lost merely 3 or 4 more games this year but it didn't happen

The thing is, when there were 20 games left I could understand fans not wanting to root against the team for 20 games, that's tough. But 1 game? The only thing that would give me pause was if we played the Penguins and us beating them meant they were 100% out of the playoffs. I don't think I'll survive a three-peat by them.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I think the other thing here is even if we beat Philly there's a solid chance they get in anyway. If this was a win or go home situation for them that'd make it more of a debate to me.
You just have a feeling if we win this Buffalo is going to pull the meme god moves and 5-0 FLA

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The thing is, when there were 20 games left I could understand fans not wanting to root against the team for 20 games, that's tough. But 1 game? The only thing that would give me pause was if we played the Penguins and us beating them meant they were 100% out of the playoffs. I don't think I'll survive a three-peat by them.

I get it but we coudl blow the pick whether we're in 7 or 10 so some people prefer the sure thing (A win now) over the uncertain. I disagree with that and think it's short sighted but it's also not wrong either as visions of Mcilrath, montoya, Brendl, Lundmark and Jessiman dance in my head. (Different regime for the most part now of course)

Reactions: klingsor

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I get it but we coudl blow the pick whether we're in 7 or 10 so some people prefer the sure thing (A win now) over the uncertain

But honestly what positive will the sure thing provide? There's an argument to be made that when there are 20 games left you don't want a losing culture so you don't want to bottom out. Fine. One game won't make or break a culture, but it could easily give us a better pick and a better shot at the top 3. There is literally zero upside in winning this game.

Edit: Put another way if everything breaks well and we pick 7th but we end up picking the same exact player as if we were 10th and won today the situation would be identical, the extra loss would not play a role in anything.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Got to be honest---after today everything for me will be about the draft in June and whatever happens with free agency after that. The one playoff game I might watch will be the one broadcasting the lottery and as soon as that's done the NHL can go jump off the cliff until September. Yeah there are teams I like better than others and yeah I've got years of animosity towards the Flyers and not a whole lot of that for the Panthers (other than I f***ing loathe Denis Potvin) but still what I'd like to see today is the Rangers coming away with the best draft positioning possible and for Panthers fans who've gotten their best D and their best forward Ekblad and Barkov and another guy named Huberdeau all out of the top 5--a little history for you--since the NHL first expanded in 1968 the New York Rangers have had exactly one top 5 pick in all the subsequent 49 years and if we don't win the lottery it will be 50 years this year. That player was Pavel Brendl who busted. Look it up if you don't believe it--it ain't hard. Sometimes you should just worry about getting your own shit together and put others problems aside. IMO---this is one of those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad