GDT: 4/6/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Have you been reading their game thread?

Nope. I personally don't care what they say in their own threads. I frequent Florida and Ottawa on the occasion when we face them and I can vouch that they don't act like that. As a visitor they've been nothing but great to me.

Let the Leaf fans take a bad rap if that's the way they act. It's like that saying about how idiots drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Toronto fan who bandwagon'd you guys through the dark years coming in peace. I have so much respect for what your team has been able to do this year. Dear god do I want to make the playoffs, but if we don't, please let it be you guys over the NYI. I can't wait for some great battles over the next couple years. I look forward to watching a healthy Stamkos next season.

Good win, you guys deserved it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Plus as fans of a *AHEM!!!!!* "non-traditional market" we get enough crap anyway. There's no sense in rolling in it. Anyway I've harped on enough.

Great win tonight and two great goals by Point

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Toronto fan who bandwagon'd you guys through the dark years coming in peace. I have so much respect for what your team has been able to do this year. Dear god do I want to make the playoffs, but if we don't, please let it be you guys over the NYI. I can't wait for some great battles over the next couple years. I look forward to watching a healthy Stamkos next season.

Good win, you guys deserved it.

You guys are right at about where we were in 2013-2014. Future looks bright in Toronto. Good luck

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
He was battling with Hunwick behind the net and in the corner. Both guys were giving each other shots and then when they met up again, Hunwick interferes with Kuch and knock him over. Kuch gets pissed and takes it out on Polak (I think?) and run him over and then Bozak jumps him and a scrum ensues. Playoff hockey.

I mainly meant why did he get a call? From what I saw that was a clean body check. Yea sure, he ran at the guy but that's not exactly 'illegal' in terms of hockey hits.

Dumb hit? Yea, you leave yourself open big time. Clean hit? Absolutely. Especially considering that's where the puck was???

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Habs fan here and I will leave this about tomorrow night's game: Let's Go Lightning!

Also don't feed into this guy. He is a troll and posted the same thing on the Leafs boards. Not the kind of hockey fan to support.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Good game. You guys have resilient players who won't bend over and give up because of injuries.

I respect teams that fight through adversity.

good luck against montreal

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Even though it's not the way you want it, it is still something in how they have battled so hard these last couple of months. I wrote them off completely at the deadline. To still have a shot is amazing.

It further concludes my opinion that if we had a healthy team this year that we would be in right now getting ready for the playoffs. Maybe fighting for first in the Atlantic instead.

Could the team have been better earlier in the season. Of course. But I admire how they have played lately. If they can carry that effort into next year I don't think anybody would be having a problem with this team.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Even though it's not the way you want it, it is still something in how they have battled so hard these last couple of months. I wrote them off completely at the deadline. To still have a shot is amazing.

It further concludes my opinion that if we had a healthy team this year that we would be in right now getting ready for the playoffs. Maybe fighting for first in the Atlantic instead.

Could the team have been better earlier in the season. Of course. But I admire how they have played lately. If they can carry that effort into next year I don't think anybody would be having a problem with this team.

Amen! :nod:

See y'all tomorrow for the next installment of fun. :D

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL

Really not sure I agree. They were playing very lousy hockey before the injuries set in and, frankly, I'm not so sure that injecting infectious youth fighting for full-time NHL spots didn't help them more than keeping useless plugs would have.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Really not sure I agree. They were playing very lousy hockey before the injuries set in and, frankly, I'm not so sure that injecting infectious youth fighting for full-time NHL spots didn't help them more than keeping useless plugs would have.

I agree they were playing lousy hockey but I still think that with Stamkos we would have won more games. Remember last year we weren't great all season but we got in.

All you need to do is get in and take care of the team you play against. With Stamkos we would have another 30-40 goal scorer on the team. That's at least 3-4 more wins being extremely conservative. We may not have looked much better but we would be in the playoffs in my opinion.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree they were playing lousy hockey but I still think that with Stamkos we would have won more games. Remember last year we weren't great all season but we got in.

All you need to do is get in and take care of the team you play against. With Stamkos we would have another 30-40 goal scorer on the team. That's at least 3-4 more wins being extremely conservative. We may not have looked much better but we would be in the playoffs in my opinion.

Last season they had that 10 game winning streak. Which certainly helped them get into the playoffs. Just too much inconsistency this year even when they were healthy and these last two games is their season in a nutshell. Get blanked one game then show up the next one.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Too little too late.

I imagine we will make it look like there's a chance and then we will just miss out.

Doomed year the second we lost Stammer. He needs to stay healthy for multiple years in a row or he'll get the injury prone moniker.

I love playoff hockey and we've gone to a bunch of (playoff)games the last couple years including the first two Stanley Cup games vs CHicago.

Sigh...

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Guide to being a Leafs fan
1. Praise Matthews
2. Complain about the refs
3. Say every other team has no fans

I'm a Leafs and Bolts fan. Lemme answer these.

1. Matthews is an awesome player.
2. The Bolts get boned by refs more than the Leafs
3. Every team has fans. Except the Coyotes. They just have Tie Domi, pretty much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad