GDT: 4/5/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I missed that.

Oh ouch, but it didn't look bad from the hit but it looked bad when he fell.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
he FELL... boyle BARELY touched him. Seriously could the f&#(ing zebras make it any easier for them...

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Well, that was that, it was fun while it lasted in the 1st, then we got a 5 minute PP and couldn't come back.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Tonight was just Lundqvist beating Vasy.

Yeah, wish we would have played Vasy last night and Bish tonight, now we end up osing both games so nothing you can do about that.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah, wish we would have played Vasy last night and Bish tonight, now we end up osing both games so nothing you can do about that.

Yep that would have been ideal.

Still think plenty of blame goes to the PP though. Should have made it 3-0 at least, and then the Rangers give up.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
1st half was very good, 2nd half was not, and that was enough for the Rangers. You can take the positives, but this is a stinker.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
2-0 lead --> 3-2 loss.

Don't really care about how the game unfolded; there's no excuses, and just even more reason why no one can have any faith in this team at present.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Fell asleep the majority of the 3rd period, woke up with ~2 minutes left, down 3-2. So that was frustrating. Then seeing Boyle being kicked out for nothing added on. Then watching us lose, after we played so well at first added on even more.

I haven't been this mad after a loss in a while.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
So I guess this team can't win without Hedman and Stamkos :sarcasm: give them all the money :)

Didnt you get the memo on the simple and super likely way we make up for Stamkos' absence?

It's easy:

Johnson produce more
Palat produce more
Callahan produce more
Filppula produce more
Names produce more
Paquette produce more
Boyle produce more
Blah blah blah blah blah...

See? Should be simple.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well... seems like this team just does its best to make me wonder why I try to stick up for them. Not surprised they choked. Just couldn't handle getting a good start.

The powerplay is just a travesty. This is probably what, the 10th game this year where this aweful powerplay cost the game. We had so much time in the second and got nothing. Whoever is in charge needs to be relieved of their duties and fired. We can find someone competent to run it.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I don't care how many injuries we have. I don't care if we have the ****ing kids from the Mighty Duck movies out there. If you get a 2-0 lead early and then go on a 5 minute PP...inexcusable.

This game came down to special teams. There weren't any soul crushing softies. The team wasn't destroyed at 5 on 5. It came down to us having the most pathetic and limp dicked PP I have ever seen.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Well... seems like this team just does its best to make me wonder why I try to stick up for them. Not surprised they choked. Just couldn't handle getting a good start.

The powerplay is just a travesty. This is probably what, the 10th game this year where this aweful powerplay cost the game. We had so much time in the second and got nothing. Whoever is in charge needs to be relieved of their duties and fired. We can find someone competent to run it.

That would be King Koopa.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Good thing we don't have to worry about scoring goals, right Coop?

Whoever runs our PP needs to be taken out back, beaten with a hose, and then fired immediately. If it's Cooper, I'll allow him to skip the hose-beating. Absolutely unacceptable. Countless times, has our PP cost us a game this season. NO EXCUSES with the firepower we have.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

I'll never forget that Vancouver game til I die.

I have no confidence in this team. Likely matchup is Detroit in round 1. Things need to change...and by that I mean within the next few days and this summer. Bring in somebody to help the PP. Bring in an offensive dman. Bring in some heart and determination cause the last two got left in Chicago last June.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad