AhoCbkV.png

wQnLdsp.png

UW6Kkcm.png

Ukppcpz.png

Dv7sq52.png

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
We need to do pretty much everything the opposite of what we did last night, can't play like that and expect to go anywhere. Would be nice to get a win but I won't expect anything, especially going up against a team that dosn't like us and would love to keep us from the playoffs.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just cannot get excited about this game. Last year was in awe with these kind of matchups, now it's like a game that is meh, because of the lack of scoring on this team this season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There must be a better option than Mike Blunden.

...Oh wait...

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I almost miss when we sucked. We had no expectations, no pressure. And the games were high scoring and exciting at least.

... Notice I said almost.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I almost miss when we sucked. We had no expectations, no pressure. And the games were high scoring and exciting at least.

... Notice I said almost.

I think this is worse. I'd rather suck and enjoy what I can than watch a team with so much potential piss away another year of their window.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
This is a game we typically win. Rangers are a good team, so we will bring the A game tonight and clinch. Stamkos or no, we will get there.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Rangers called up Brady Skjei because McDonagh has an injured (broken?) hand.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I think this is worse. I'd rather suck and enjoy what I can than watch a team with so much potential piss away another year of their window.

Wait... I know you were on here during the suck times. Did everyone forget just how bad it was during that times? Those games when we would consistently be down by 2 goals in the first or always blow the game in the last 5 minutes? I realize that stuffs happening this year too... but still its not like its nightly like it was.

I get that we aren't doing up to expectations this year... but for everyone to say that we are going to miss the playoffs with 4 games to go is being just a bit dramatic. The team will scrap out a win along here... or at the least Boston will drop a game at their rate haha.

And call me crazy, but I like our first round match-up. We suck against the Islanders, always have. Detroit or Boston we match up well with.

Everyone needs to just step back from the cliff for a minute. If we get swept out of the playoffs, then you are all welcome to jump. But for now, at least try to have some fun with the end of the season. There were a lot of seasons we would have killed to have been in this position... namely 2005-2012.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Wait... I know you were on here during the suck times. Did everyone forget just how bad it was during that times? Those games when we would consistently be down by 2 goals in the first or always blow the game in the last 5 minutes? I realize that stuffs happening this year too... but still its not like its nightly like it was.

I get that we aren't doing up to expectations this year... but for everyone to say that we are going to miss the playoffs with 4 games to go is being just a bit dramatic. The team will scrap out a win along here... or at the least Boston will drop a game at their rate haha.

And call me crazy, but I like our first round match-up. We suck against the Islanders, always have. Detroit or Boston we match up well with.

Everyone needs to just step back from the cliff for a minute. If we get swept out of the playoffs, then you are all welcome to jump. But for now, at least try to have some fun with the end of the season. There were a lot of seasons we would have killed to have been in this position... namely 2005-2012.

At least during those times, we KNEW we sucked. Now, we know we don't suck, but we do suck. It just doesn't have the same "magic" as the last two seasons.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
At least during those times, we KNEW we sucked. Now, we know we don't suck, but we do suck. It just doesn't have the same "magic" as the last two seasons.

Exactly. I'm not saying I miss when we were a basement team, but I think it's better to know your team sucks and just enjoy the ride than it is to know your team is capable of glory and they underachieve. Especially with the parity in this league and seeing how quickly juggernauts like Vancouver can fall off a cliff, it hurts to see this season heading down a path of ruin.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
That is the precise reason why this has been the most irritating Lightning season I know I've ever watched, and most people here, especially long-timers, would say the same. In sports or life in general, falling short of expectations is always the most irritating feeling of them all, because obviously the expectations were set as high as they were for a (purported) reason in the first place. At least, we like to think so; human nature is very much against the idea that high expectations were placed on nothing more than unsubstantiated whims. Given what the Lightning did last season, I'd say this season's high expectations were indeed substantiated, so that's not the issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad