GDT: 4/30/13 - WCQF PLAYOFFS Game 1 Minnesota @ Chicago - 7:00 p.m. CDT - FSN/NBCSN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011

geuwKJR.gif

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Hell yeah! Playoff time! It has been far too long! Sucks about Pominville, hopefully he is ready for game two. Wild win 3-2 in OT and shock everyone! Get ready Chicago, Minnesota is conning to bring some old school Norris Division hate to ya!

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
I don't have high hopes but I do hope for a good game! I just expect the Wild to show that they belong in the playoffs!

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
All I know is that I had a lot more confidence when I thought pominville was playing... oh well I guess

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I'm starting to question Pommers attitude. Last weeks optional practice (before the Kings game) he skipped when everyone was told too show up by the captians. Idk if he ever gave a reason for that. I understand he hit the ice hard but at least give your head the full day and warm-up with the guys and make decision then.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I'm starting to question Pommers attitude. Last weeks optional practice he skipped when everyone was told too show up by the captians. Idk if he ever gave a reason for that. I understand he hit the ice hard but at least give your head the full day and warm-up with the guys and make decision then.

I was very surprised he was expected to play tonight, given how hard his head both got hit by Brown's elbow and hit the ice. If you wake up not feeling good there's no reason to risk anything with a concussion.

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
I think Pominville should sit out if he doesn't feel right. Let him rest again, and if he doesn't feel right, you can't rush a concussion type thing.

The team better dig deep and we better see some of the guys who had down years step up if we want any hope for this series.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I was very surprised he was expected to play tonight, given how hard his head both got hit by Brown's elbow and hit the ice. If you wake up not feeling good there's no reason to risk anything with a concussion.

No doubt, but I would think if he was really excited for these playoffs he would tell the coaches something like, yeah I felt bad this morning idk if I can go tonight but lets see how I feel later.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I'm starting to question Pommers attitude. Last weeks optional practice (before the Kings game) he skipped when everyone was told too show up by the captians. Idk if he ever gave a reason for that. I understand he hit the ice hard but at least give your head the full day and warm-up with the guys and make decision then.
I am sure the people who matter knew why. The guy took an elbow to the face and was likely concussed, not sure how attitude stops Browns elbow from exploding on your nose.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
No doubt, but I would think if he was really excited for these playoffs he would tell the coaches something like, yeah I felt bad this morning idk if I can go tonight but lets see how I feel later.
If you have a head injury the moment you say "I don't feel right" there is no "let's see how you feel later" for the medical team.

For Pominville to even say he didn't feel right to begin with I would guess he really didn't feel right. This is not a player who misses hockey games.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Concussion symptoms = sit out

Not worth having him for a few games this week and then he takes another hit and loses a year just in time to hit UFA.

Yep. If you're not feeling 100% after a concussion you're not playing. It's not like a muscle injury.

Also who says it's Pom that said "I woke up feeling bad and can't play", I'd bet that the Wild asked how he's doing he said "woke up not feeling great" and they shut him down.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
All I know is that I had a lot more confidence when I thought pominville was playing... oh well I guess

Same here, as that makes the line up just look so much better. When I heard he was doing some skating I thought he'd be back for this one (when I originally pinned it as Game 2) so I thought the team had a better chance of nicking this one.

Oh well, he's got till Friday or Sunday at the latest. If he's out longer than that it's going to suck. Him in the line up means they can sit Konopka who has a broken foot and hasn't been the same, as many have alluded to, and also move Mitchell to Center where he's publicly stated (if I remember right) that he likes playing there more than on the wing.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I am sure the people who matter knew why. The guy took an elbow to the face and was likely concussed, not sure how attitude stops Browns elbow from exploding on your nose.

That optional practice was last Monday I believe after the Calgary game before the LA game so he wasn't hurt then. I understand in todays world players can't play with head injuries until they completely ready. I guess I'm just hung up on the practice thing with Pommers.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Was that "optional" practice in Minnesota? If so, Pommers was most likely trying to get living situations or something like that figured out. He really hasn't had any time to adjust to a new team and city, so if that was the case I have no problem with him missing. The guy was a Captain in Buffalo after all, I wouldn't question his decision making just yet.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
That optional practice was last Monday I believe after the Calgary game before the LA game so he wasn't hurt then. I understand in todays world players can't play with head injuries until they completely ready. I guess I'm just hung up on the practice thing with Pommers.

It was before the LA game. I don't know why he didn't practice either...strange.

Was that "optional" practice in Minnesota? If so, Pommers was most likely trying to get living situations or something like that figured out. He really hasn't had any time to adjust to a new team and city, so if that was the case I have no problem with him missing. The guy was a Captain in Buffalo after all, I wouldn't question his decision making just yet.

He doesn't have to figure out a living arrangement, he's staying in a hotel.

I'm guessing he probably had another injury, or maybe was just fatigued from having to ride in a plane for longer than an hour at a time :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad