GDT: 4/30/13 - WCQF PLAYOFFS Game 1 Minnesota @ Chicago - 7:00 p.m. CDT - FSN/NBCSN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
This it it boys and girls. The playoffs.

Yes Jim Mora. Playoffs. At the United Center in Chicago.

uc-banners.jpg

It has been quite the ride. The ups and downs the last 5 years have been many. We've seen teams come a couple points short and we've seen collapses that have gotten us used to golf in April. Playoff beards? Not here, not in the State of Hockey.

But that changes now! The Wild are in the playoffs for the first time since 2008 and playing the Presidents Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks. It's a classic 8 vs. 1 match-up with a rivalry between two cities that have rivalries (did I say rivalry enough? Rivalry!) throughout sports and culture.

1020_secord_3995_al_secord_jpg.jpg

On another team this sucks.

Game 1 is tonight and sets the tone for the series. Does anyone outside of the State of Hockey bubble think the Wild have a chance? No. That's okay, it's nothing new. Did anyone think the Wild had a chance for Parise and Suter? Nope...but they'll play tonight. Did anyone bother to learn Mikko Koivu's name? Nope...but he'll captain a playoff team.

Prove them wrong. As the song says, we will fight to the end. I'm happy to have this journey with everyone and to cap it off with some playoff hockey.

Oh one more thing..

pitbull-bud-light-o.gif

DON'T STOP THE PARTY!​

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
Excited to hear Pominville is ready to go. We finally have 3 scoring lines again. Backstrom needs to stand on his head if we're going to make it out of this series.

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
I rocked the mustache for the must win, and it's all gone now. I'm ready to start the playoff beard.

GO WILD!

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Have a strong feeling this will be a close game with a lot of hits and hard work for both teams, very playoff like

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I'm really happy that I have to work tonight.............

Also, I expect Clutterbuck to be a machine during the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ceekayn

Beaver Nation
Nov 5, 2009
Minnesota
Shaved the face this morning to start the playoff beard! Let's hope this thing gets some good growth!

Super glad that Pominville is back. Gives us a 2A and 2B line to compete with the Hawks depth. Hopefully Backs is ready.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Tonight we'll see what people like Mikko Koivu and Zach Parise are made really of. Add Jason Pominville. Add Ryan Suter. ****ing leaders and fighters par excellence. Matt Cullen. Niklas Backstrom. Seasoned veterans. Jonas Brodin. Charlie Coyle. Rookies getting their first taste. Devin Setoguchi. P-M Bouchard. Skill and speed. Everyone else. It's going to be great. They will dump and chase and they will grind the Hawks down. They will score. They will win.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Last week of classes before finals.

Sun is shining.

Landlords put in new carpet in the hallways.

Wild are going to kick some ass tonight.

I'm hyped as ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad