GDT: 4/27/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #4 New York VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECSF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Vladdy has been poo which is likely why he got benched, even down a forward
Paquette has been poo yet Cooper loves to keep him in the top 9
Hedman has been poo, two games now where he looked worse than Carle, yeah I said it.
Carle has been poo but you already knew that.
Sustr Semi- Poo? Diet coke of Poo?
Nesterov - Poo
Palat was Poo but he has looked much better. When he scored last night, thought we would win the game, was looking that good, but then turned to Poo, but he is not Poo anymore or at least not till next game.
Johnson was great the first two games against Detroit but now is poo since then and has become a turnover machine. Yeah he was sick in Game 5, but looked even worse last night.
Callahan has been Poo on the "offensive" end of things, and should stay on the 3rd line, and think really hard in the off season how to find his offensive game, or he will be gone in a couple of years.
Flip has been ok but mostly poo found the back of the net, but for a guy who has been in the top 6 all playoffs, one point/goal is not going to cut it.
Bishop was amazing till he **** himself last night, and became poo
Kucherov with that turnover was Poo but made up with a goal later. So he is not poo yet.
Killorn has been very good, he is poo-free right now like Kucherov.
Drouin has been up and down, but he is not poo yet.
JAM's first playoff game, and he was poo.
Boyle Has not really done much to call him poo or not.
Condra probably feels like Poo right now.
Blunden was probably in the bathroom making poo during a part of the game.

I get the feeling you didn't like what you saw last night?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
So you're saying Johnson is slow? Tavares has speed but so does Johnson and his supporting cast is better. They had their 4th line up against our 1st and it didn't go well for us, we need them away from a physical line and Tavares is the least physical. If you can't go toe to toe with your top line than you don't deserve to win. Cooper thinks like you and is scared to change things and go with matchups. With the last change he could easily neutralize that 4th line which gave us trouble. Callahan, Paquette and Boyle aren't doing anything offensively and won't stop Tavares, make them useful and have them bang with their 4th line all game.

nope johnson is fast problem with this is simple the best way to get the truly best players in the game off their game and tavares is one of them is hit him hit him hit him

my belief at least and tyjo aint known for that if you want palat vs him fine knock him into next month

we mostly never see eye to eye hose and in this one i think your out in left field plain and simple how do you stop crosby or contain him etc.. its always with putting guys on them beat them up its same with tavares teams try to do the same thing with tyjo and kucherov they just avoid the hits and pass break out too well to make it work for any length of time and they will burn any line even the fourth of new york lol

i didnt like clutterbuck getting a break away or semi break away late in second but that is how you adjust things

umm their fourth line had moments but kucherov tyjo had wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more serious moments so whatever

i will say great pk at end of second followed up by two legit scoring chances with any luck we get a goal back and probably win game one and yes i fully believe this

and going to call bs on the cant go with top line you shouldnt win than why in hell is there so many guys on the team jeez even

if we match tavares vs our top line we probably equal out than how we gonna win since no one else can score?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
nope johnson is fast problem with this is simple the best way to get the truly best players in the game off their game and tavares is one of them is hit him hit him hit him

my belief at least and tyjo aint known for that if you want palat vs him fine knock him into next month

we mostly never see eye to eye hose and in this one i think your out in left field plain and simple how do you stop crosby or contain him etc.. its always with putting guys on them beat them up its same with tavares teams try to do the same thing with tyjo and kucherov they just avoid the hits and pass break out too well to make it work for any length of time and they will burn any line even the fourth of new york lol

i didnt like clutterbuck getting a break away or semi break away late in second but that is how you adjust things

umm their fourth line had moments but kucherov tyjo had wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more serious moments so whatever

i will say great pk at end of second followed up by two legit scoring chances with any luck we get a goal back and probably win game one and yes i fully believe this

and going to call bs on the cant go with top line you shouldnt win than why in hell is there so many guys on the team jeez even

if we match tavares vs our top line we probably equal out than how we gonna win since no one else can score?

You can't put Blunden and Boyle against him, Filppula is not physical, you can do a Palat x Callahan line out against him but not sure who that C is. Paquette is terrible but did well against Toews but Toews is a far different type of players than Tavares.

Palat- Namestnikov - Drouin can score they did the first goal which is what hurt them. They thought they would spend the whole game in the Islanders end and we're beat back into the defensive zone which lead to two goals.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
You put the triplets line together vs jt's line both palat and Johnson can take
Turns
Shutting him down! It's really not
That hard the end! Put drouin with Killorn and vladdy. Let Callahan and flipper roll on line 3 with ceddy. Use that line as a 2nd shut down line.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You put the triplets line together vs jt's line both palat and Johnson can take
Turns
Shutting him down! It's really not
That hard the end! Put drouin with Killorn and vladdy. Let Callahan and flipper roll on line 3 with ceddy. Use that line as a 2nd shut down line.

ya i see cooper making whole sale changes lol

he thinks we should have won this game nothing changes but condra is out

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016

I still like the idea of splitting up Johnson and Kucherov and pairing TJ with Palat and Kuch with Drouin to create two scoring lines. Maybe make that first line Palat-Johnson-Callahan and match them up against Tavares - even if Callahan drags Palat and Johnson down offensively they could still hopefully at least balance out against Tavares, and then we'd have the Kuch/Drouin line to carry the scoring.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Another advantage to pairing Drouin with Kucherov is that it gives Drouin an actual goal scorer to feed. We've had our talented young playmaker playing with Filppula (who rarely shoots) and Palat (who has a very nice shot but who still isn't primarily a goal scorer). It's no wonder that line isn't producing more offense - we've got three pass-first guys playing on it. Namestnikov makes that line far more dangerous but it still lacks a top-end shooting threat. We've seen what Drouin can do with Kucherov on the power play; now let's put them together at even strength.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah HTD is spot on in my opinion, the Namestnikov line scoring so early in such a terrific fashion was a kind of the kiss of death. They thought everything was going to be so easy and they paid instantly the price for their inadvertance. Terrible lack of experience if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad