GDT: 4/26/13 - Oilers @ Wild - 7:00 PM CDT - FS-N+, FS-WI

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'll be watching. All aboard the bandwagon, choo choo

Have to say, I like your bandwagon avatar, sir.

I was hoping you guys would get in this year. Pure fantasy, but sometimes I imagine crazy stuff like what a Cup Finals between Winnipeg and Minnesota would have been like the year before we got put in the same division? Epic.

Ah well. There's next year to look forward to, when we'll just hate your guts :P

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Wow.. so excited and nervous. I thought I'd sleep a bit before the game. But it'll be difficult task to fall asleep tonight.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Note: I did not pay him.

Welcome. :D

Can... can I take the money anyway?

Was pulling for you guys to knock the Rangers out. Great run.

It was fun. There was a string of 5 losses that pretty much killed our chances. Wouldn't have been down to the wire if they had even won a couple of those. Oh well. It was strange - between the 2nd and 3rd everyone in the crowd was on their NHL apps and there was an audible groan when the app updated with the Rangers OT win. The whole atmosphere was somber and it looked like the Jets knew they were done. Went from a 2-1 lead to a 4-2 loss.

I was hoping you guys would get in this year. Pure fantasy, but sometimes I imagine crazy stuff like what a Cup Finals between Winnipeg and Minnesota would have been like the year before we got put in the same division? Epic.

Ah well. There's next year to look forward to, when we'll just hate your guts :P

Thank you! I was falling asleep while I was making the avatar last night so I'm happy I didn't totally screw it up.

A Winnipeg-Minnesota final would've been awesome. Many years of division/conference/whatever battles ahead though. :)

I'll quit with the Jets stuff now, GO WILD!

Billy Mays Here*

I know I should feel really good about this game but I'm just so nervous at the chance that we blow it.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I'll be there live tonight...13th of the season, make or heartbreak really even if there is Colorado to play before the regular season officially ends.

A few early goals, and the fans will be up for it like the Kings game, and then they could/should cruise and let the celebrations commence.

If not, it's going to be rather tense. WAR WILD!

I'll probably get yelled at by a 60 year old lady to sit down....again...

Are you serious?

What we have near us is "not taking your hat off during the anthem" gate, which apparently has been going on for some time. No one has ever told me to sit down, nor would I if I was looking at my Viking self being a 60 year old person (unless I was super drunk filled with liquid courage).

I know you are only a few sections over from where I usually am if I remember right? You are usually 104 right? I'm 108/109 right on the border of it.

Shimoe

Jun 13, 2011
Norm Green Sucks

I can't wait for the first Winnipeg game. I'll make the run up there too (if I can get a ticket)

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
I'll be there live tonight...13th of the season, make or heartbreak really even if there is Colorado to play before the regular season officially ends.

A few early goals, and the fans will be up for it like the Kings game, and then they could/should cruise and let the celebrations commence.

If not, it's going to be rather tense. WAR WILD!

Are you serious?

What we have near us is "not taking your hat off during the anthem" gate, which apparently has been going on for some time. No one has ever told me to sit down, nor would I if I was looking at my Viking self being a 60 year old person (unless I was super drunk filled with liquid courage).

I know you are only a few sections over from where I usually am if I remember right? You are usually 104 right? I'm 108/109 right on the border of it.

After reading your quote on BigT's comment where he talks about a 60 year old lady...I just came to the realization that my mom is 60, and now I feel old... :cry:

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
After reading your quote on BigT's comment where he talks about a 60 year old lady...I just came to the realization that my mom is 60, and now I feel old... :cry:

Hey mate, at least she's still alive and kicking. I lost mine last April when I was out here visiting for the North Stars Reunion. She would have been 59 at the end of this year. That said, if she was still alive and was at these games she would be standing and yelling as well like she used to with my Dad way back in the day at U hockey games and the North Stars. You can take the girl out of Boston but not the Bahston out of the girl.

I'm a year and a half-ish from 30, so I hear you about feeling old. :laugh:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
We have a bandwagon now?

tumblr_m1vdlhn4bs1qk553k.gif

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
Hey mate, at least she's still alive and kicking. I lost mine last April when I was out here visiting for the North Stars Reunion. She would have been 59 at the end of this year. That said, if she was still alive and was at these games she would be standing and yelling as well like she used to with my Dad way back in the day at U hockey games and the North Stars. You can take the girl out of Boston but not the Bahston out of the girl.

I'm a year and a half-ish from 30, so I hear you about feeling old. :laugh:

Ah, sorry to hear that about your mom.

I'm 34, and while I don't physically feel old...sometimes those thoughts just hit you and you think "wow, how long ago did that happen!?" :amazed:

OpRedDawn*

How do you get FSN but not FSN+?

Even with the the basic cable plan from Comcast I still have FSN+

I have knology. I get some fox college sports channels and stuff, but no FSN+. I don't even have the minimum plan either, I just don't think they carry it for whatever reason

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
From spending the morning listening to talk radio: NFL Draft, NFL Draft (it bears mentioning twice because it is that big of a story), Wolves firing Kahn and replacing with Flip Saunders and then a mix of Twins/Wild. I'd place the Wild above the Twins, however, it is not a romp.

Sorry, but disagree totally. What were you listening to? I've mostly been keeping my eye on the Strib and I don't get that impression at all.

The NFL Draft was a big splash, but it's still just prospects, which as a rule are never as big of a deal as current players. (If it had been a highly-touted franchise player, that would be an exception.) Probably the top story––it was the lead Sports piece in the Strib––but it doesn't bear mentioning twice. And the draft coverage will be off the Sports front pages tomorrow if the Wild can seal the deal tonight.

The Wolves? Really? Sorry, but the Wolves have been a distant fourth in this market since the moment the Wild showed up; the fact that they're about to swap GMs after yet another failure of a season (nine straight with no playoffs is absurd!) doesn't really make them any more relevant or beloved. This is literally the first I've heard of their personnel move.

The Twins, again, are looking like they are turning it around but still probably won't contend for the division this year. They're the more popular team, sure, but they're not making enough noise to compete with the Wild for airtime, not when the Wild can clinch playoffs.

Lest we forget: making the playoffs is (sadly) a really, really big deal in this state.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad