GDT: 4/26/13 - Oilers @ Wild - 7:00 PM CDT - FS-N+, FS-WI

Billy Mays Here*

Don't even care anymore. Tired of watching this team fail against opponents that should be easy wins. This isn't a playoff team, and Chicago destroying us in the first round will be further proof. Of course the collapse is far more likely. Don't even know how to blame anymore either. Yeo and his "system"? The players? The goaltending? **** it, **** all of em'. I need to take a break from hockey because it's really starting to affect my daily attitude/emotion, and tomorrow's game probably won't help that.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
Don't even care anymore. Tired of watching this team fail against opponents that should be easy wins. This isn't a playoff team, and Chicago destroying us in the first round will be further proof. Of course the collapse is far more likely. Don't even know how to blame anymore either. Yeo and his "system"? The players? The goaltending? **** it, **** all of em'. I need to take a break from hockey because it's really starting to affect my daily attitude/emotion, and tomorrow's game probably won't help that.

This pretty much sums up my feelings.

OpRedDawn*

can't believe more people aren't mentioning waiting until it's 5-0 to call the timeout lol. A start like that, you call it at 2-0 and rip into them.

Also, wonder who / why Yeo was yelling at their bench

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
--Was it the “Minnesota Nice” crowd being so ticked off with the display in front of them that fans actually loudly sent Josh Harding of all people -- playing for the first time in 10 weeks since having complications with multiple sclerosis! -- a string of mocking Bronx cheers throughout the second period? (Tweet from Washington Examiner’s Brian McNally: “Philly fans think booing Josh Harding is over the top.”)
Humiliated in home finale, Wild now heads to Denver for "Game 7"

EDIT:
My guess is we'll see Jason Pominville back in the lineup.
Well, it's really "game 7" after all.

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
can't believe more people aren't mentioning waiting until it's 5-0 to call the timeout lol. A start like that, you call it at 2-0 and rip into them.

Also, wonder who / why Yeo was yelling at their bench
Well apparently he had (and still has) full confidence in them. ;)

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Usually when I work during a game and the Wild lose I avoid checking the GDT afterwards.

I knew it would be too good to pass up this time and it did not disappoint.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
If the Wild lose tomorrow, I hope they miss the playoffs. One, for the shame and humiliation that this ****ing team deserves. Two, to expedite the firings that are long overdue. And three, because I spent way too much on playoff tickets to watch them get swept by Chicago and would rather just take my refund.

****ing pathetic.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Maybe they aren't doing it right, or maybe there are too many chiefs and not enough indians. It just seems like they can't make the team gel no matter what happens.

I think you're grasping at straws here. At this point, the only thing they could've done differently would've been to take over completely and go against Yeo's system. I don't think that would have been viewed favorably by TPTB, especially if it hadn't led to a win and it would've just caused problems in the long run if Yeo's staying. The goaltending failed miserably tonight and Yeo made a few mistakes that made it even harder to turn the game around. I also think Kuemper should've been kept up (despite the AHL playoffs) and Harding on IR until the end of the season.

I wrote my thoughts in the Yeo thread (here.)

Can't handle the thought of how happy Devils, Wings, and Preds fans will be if we choke. This is payback for July 4th.

They sure are ones to talk, especially the Preds and Devils. At least we're still fighting, they've been out for a while.

Last edited:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
If the Wild lose tomorrow, I hope they miss the playoffs. One, for the shame and humiliation that this ****ing team deserves. Two, to expedite the firings that are long overdue. And three, because I spent way too much on playoff tickets to watch them get swept by Chicago and would rather just take my refund.

****ing pathetic.

They will. CBJ will beat the s*** out of NSH.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
nah Weber and Suter are best buds, they will win it for us

Following the team (specially when 64 played) it didin't look very clear at any point.. Like they didin't find their game at any point at all. I will eat my hat if they can even make it over the first round of playoffs.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Kept telling my padre as the scored creaked closer to a football score, that we were losing if they went down by 4. Then 5. Then 6. Looked at him and the two girls behind us and shook my head. Namely because one of them called it before the game even started they would be flatfooted to boot. I didn't want to believe it. This was the 2nd game I've ever left before it was over. By the time I got over to Eagle, the place was already jammed packed at all three bars.

Terrible performance for a team that is supposed to be playing like they want to be in the playoffs. The jeering was incredible and the TEAM deserved it, not just Harding. People in other markets trying to sway their opinion on others are ****ing morons and probably are not even considered legit writers in their own damn market. **** them.

But Edmonton got to play the game they wanted. It was alluded to by one of the trib writers earlier today about how Edmonton put their 4th line out there and instead of countering with our top scoring line and hoping to score early, we put our 4th out and let them fight 2 seconds into the game. Then they just started hitting everything. They were 50% accurate through almost 2 periods!! 12 shots, 6 goals. That is truly pathetic and proves the goalies weren't even remotely ready. Backstrom playing close to 30 damn games straight proves it. They don't deserve the playoffs when they play like that.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
I also think Kuemper should've been kept up (despite the AHL playoffs) and Harding on IR until the end of the season.

I don't think that's how it works. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't keep a player on IR after they've been medically cleared to play. Harding's been cleared, so the only other choice they had was to keep 3 goalies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I don't think that's how it works. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't keep a player on IR after they've been medically cleared to play. Harding's been cleared, so the only other choice they had was to keep 3 goalies.

Don't know how long the conditioning stints can go for, but I think they could have kept him down there. I do find it comical they send down Darcy, Zucks, and FBJ to Houston just as the playoffs are starting for the AHL. As a colleague told me "You are supposed to be in the playoffs in the NHL, no one cares about the AHL"

He was never on IR to begin with was he?

He was, but they wouldn't put him on LTIR, nor Heater IIRC

Last edited:

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
And I'm still cranky from last night :cry: However, today is a new day with new possibilities of horrific failure!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
And I'm still cranky from last night :cry: However, today is a new day with new possibilities of horrific failure!

As I think most of us. Coffee is brewing now. Going to play COD for a bit and troll some kids and maybe make an attempt at that thing they call running (latest craze I've heard) before heading out to see fam and watch this game.

I sincerely hope they play like they want playoffs. I want to believe they will.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2013-articles/april/wild-vs-oily-discharge.html

This one hurt. After watching my tennis team lose 4-3 in their match I come home to the Wild getting crushed by Edmonton. I will admit, I tossed out the normal politeness and just went into rant mode in this post-mortem of a debacle of a game. I have a Houston Aeros playoff update, the question remains if that's the only playoff updates that we'll have around here.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
Don't know how long the conditioning stints can go for, but I think they could have kept him down there. I do find it comical they send down Darcy, Zucks, and FBJ to Houston just as the playoffs are starting for the AHL. As a colleague told me "You are supposed to be in the playoffs in the NHL, no one cares about the AHL"

He was, but they wouldn't put him on LTIR, nor Heater IIRC

I believe the max is 3 games and/or no more than one week.

Regardless though, this is not the time for backups. It shouldn't even matter who the backup is at this point, because if he has to get out on the ice - it means the team is already in a lot of trouble.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Well, I will say this after attending what was called a "game" last night that at least there were more fans still in their seats in the end than what I've seen in NHL arenas in the past.

Now, if that was a regular weekday and not a Friday I'm not sure how many would have stayed since people leave early because "it's a school night" which still pisses me off.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
sometime in early to mid 3rd my co-worker txt me & said she couldnt take anymore. she said about 1/4 fans then i didnt understand if a 1/4 left or a 1/4 remained????? also some boos after koivu scored???? she was unhappy when txting so i didnt get the clear picture.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
sometime in early to mid 3rd my co-worker txt me & said she couldnt take anymore. she said about 1/4 fans then i didnt understand if a 1/4 left or a 1/4 remained????? also some boos after koivu scored???? she was unhappy when txting so i didnt get the clear picture.

It was more than half full, I don't know how she got a 1/4 from that.

Also all this "booing" at least on my side of the rink was mainly for the refs, Hall and mainly Edmonton.

Koivu wasn't booed at all, at least not on our side (where he scored it), instead people were doing ironic cheers every time a save was made and for our goal.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
It was actually a pretty fun game to be at when I stopped caring about the outcome about 10 minutes into the thing and started buying booze. haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad