Pre-Game Talk: 4/25 7:41 PM - ECQF GAME 7 - Hogtown Buds at BRUINS | NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Bottom line to me is, we have to pot our chances. I think we have been the better playing team in 5/6 games, just have to burry them.

Im a little iffy with making linechanges, you never know what will happen, it could be great fits and surprise the Toronto D, or it could be a complete disaster with players missing coverage, missunderstanding their new linemates intents etc. And considering how we have been the better playing team overall im not sure thats a risk im willing to take, feels a little desperate.

Our vets just has to show up, thats it.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Not.. ready

Defibrillator.jpg

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Bruins seemed to play pissed the last 4 minutes threw some big hits... Bruins take this 4-2

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Suddenly the Bruins can’t score, and that lands them in a Game 7 vs the Maple Leafs - The Boston Globe

“I think if anybody would have told us at the start of the year that we are going to be in Game 7, first round, at home, we’d take it,” mused Brad Marchand, his top scoring line again dialed down to 0-0—0 by the stingy, smarter Leafs. “Obviously, it’s tough given the position we are in . . . but again, we have to look forward to the next game. It’s all we can control. Same with them.”

“We’ve got to stick with it,” said coach Bruce Cassidy, who saw rookie Jake DeBrusk score his club’s lone goal. “We were only down a goal in the third period. One shot could make a difference.”

“Yeah, I’d love to have him make that save,” said Cassidy, generally pleased by Rask’s bounce-back after having to pull his No. 1 goaltender in Game 5. “But Tuukka kept us in in the third, gave us a chance to win when were down a goal and we just couldn’t get the next one.”

“We’ve got to be better, we’ve got to find a way,” said Bergeron, “we’ve got to find ways to get those goals. It’s all about the next game, obviously. Bottom line, we need to be better as a team. We need to step up.”

Reactions: Ladyfan

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Would be fun anyway to play against a well-rested Tampa after going through that brutal March/April-schedule.
And the way we have been riding our first line ... I'm not really optimistic if we advance.

bluetib

Feb 17, 2009
Montreal
bruins.nhl.com
Hard up tempo Bruins style of play for 60 minutes and it's a win.

Bergeron/McAvoy/Nash/Grzelcyk all look like they are still recovering or simply not in full game shape....

Carlo injury doesn't help also

DeBrusk,Pastrnak,Marchand frustration is obvious and plays against them similarly to Lucic against Montreal a couple of years ago.

They need to decide if they really want to continue for the long run and Chara should lead by exemple in the first minutes of games 7 and make them pay for the puck

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
They should put Donato in but there is no need to dress Heinen, he has been invisible this series. Krecji has been abysmal the last three games, Rick Nash has been putting in a good effort but he needs to score, Dancing Pastrnak needs to stop trying to score pretty goals and shoot when he has an opening, McAvoy is obviously still injured, he is trying to make up for physical inability by doing to much and has been making mental mistakes to compound his physical limitations, Rask is Rask I fear choking from him in any big game, his track record isn't very conducive to any other argument. Last night wasn't his fault, you can't expect him to have to get a shutout to win, but he needs to pick his game up when it counts, something he has never done.

Too many passengers right now, Andersen is playing well but they are not getting enough traffic in front of him and now they are starting to look for the perfect play to beat him.

Also Babcock has given Cassidy a coaching lesson this series, he has made adjustments that have worked while Cassidy has not, also he has used the media effectively, his constant whining about faceoffs has resulted in Bergeron getting booted from more faceoffs than I can remember and clean wins are being called back.

Neither team has a history of stepping up when it matters, game seven could well be decided by the team that chokes less instead of the team that goes out and takes control of the game. I think the Leafs goaltending will be enough to give them the win 3-2.

The good news is Jake DeBrusk looks like a future star who is everything you want in a top 6 winger, he has handled the pressure of this series, been producing with an ineffective Krejci and couldn't bring much more to the table. A left side with him and Marchland for the next 5 years at least is something to look forward to.

I don't necessarily agree with all of your post, there is a lot in there that we agree on. I think that McAvoy's knee still is a big issue and it's causing him to think "Can I do it" before acting, causing him to play a step behind. The good news (if there is any from last night) is that I though he looked much better in the back half of the third, he looked to me at least like Charlie pre-injury. And the first line, can we please take some shots?!?! If I see one more toe drag I'm going to leap through my TV and throttle them.

Now having said that we win this game tomorrow night. I just wish they had taken care of business to get a bit of rest, but it's not to be.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
Credit to Anderson for getting the Leafs where they are. Bruins need to do a much better job getting in front of him and pouncing on rebounds.

Can't come out tentative in G7.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I won't be mad if they lose tomorrow, ultimately I think the extreme last 2 months of the season really took a toll on the Bruins both with fatigue and injuries and consequently guys that came back from injuries still not being 100 percent. I still really really hate it. I do wish Czarnick was given more of a chance this season and not relegated to leading Providence, his speed is something I think could have really helped the Bruins this series.

Reactions: bruinshoper

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Its time for the veterans to make a stand and get this team to the next round.

Need to see more life from this core.

It would be nice.

I always hear about how good the room is and how great the leaders on this team are.

Yet we are in an all too familiar position right now. Team only playing hard for a portion of the game, in the playoffs. There's no Claude here to blame the slow starts on.

Reactions: BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Suddenly the Bruins can’t score, and that lands them in a Game 7 vs the Maple Leafs - The Boston Globe

“I think if anybody would have told us at the start of the year that we are going to be in Game 7, first round, at home, we’d take it,” mused Brad Marchand, his top scoring line again dialed down to 0-0—0 by the stingy, smarter Leafs. “Obviously, it’s tough given the position we are in . . . but again, we have to look forward to the next game. It’s all we can control. Same with them.”

“We’ve got to stick with it,” said coach Bruce Cassidy, who saw rookie Jake DeBrusk score his club’s lone goal. “We were only down a goal in the third period. One shot could make a difference.”

“Yeah, I’d love to have him make that save,” said Cassidy, generally pleased by Rask’s bounce-back after having to pull his No. 1 goaltender in Game 5. “But Tuukka kept us in in the third, gave us a chance to win when were down a goal and we just couldn’t get the next one.”

“We’ve got to be better, we’ve got to find a way,” said Bergeron, “we’ve got to find ways to get those goals. It’s all about the next game, obviously. Bottom line, we need to be better as a team. We need to step up.”

Yet I get killed seconds after I said that in the GDT.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It’s inexcusable to blow a 3-1 series lead with two chances to close it out at home.

Results oriented business.

Doesn’t matter that the team has “arrived early”. You only get a limited number of kicks at the can in the cap world NHL.

See what happened with Tampa last year. One key injury and you’re done. Have to make the most of your opportunities.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I see a lot of posts suggesting moving around 3rd and 4th liners. Really when you think about it that’s like deciding if your collapsed barn will be painted dirt brown or poop brown. It doesn’t matter.

Boston’s 1st line is a combined -8 in games 5 and 6. That trio needs to figure it out in a hurry.

The Bruins will live and die by those guys this year. It’s just the way it is. It’s put up or shut up time for them.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It’s inexcusable to blow a 3-1 series lead with two chances to close it out at home.

Doesn’t matter that the team has “arrived early”. You only get a limited number of kicks at the can in the cap world NHL.

See what happened with Tampa last year. One key injury and you’re done. Have to make the most of your opportunities.

Before the series I said a loss would be acceptable because Toronto is a good team. Had I known they would be up 3-1, obviously it's unacceptable. It would be a disaster.

Reactions: Hali33

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I see a lot of posts suggesting moving around 3rd and 4th liners. Really when you think about it that’s like deciding if your collapsed barn will be painted dirt brown or poop brown. It doesn’t matter.

Boston’s 1st line is a combined -8 in games 5 and 6. That trio needs to figure it out in a hurry.

The Bruins will live and die by those guys this year. It’s just the way it is. It’s put up or shut up time for them.

Pasta had 10 shot attempts but only one on net. They are being too fancy because they think Andersen is better than he is.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Everyone has their stories.

I’ll always be haunted by game 7 2004 losing on home ice to the Canadiens.

I was a senior in high school and I wore my Rolston jersey to school all series long.

They had added Gonchar at the deadline and were finally “going for it”.

Having it end the way it did was an absolute punch to the gut. Let alone the dark times that followed with the lockout and dismantling of that club.

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Definitely agree.

We are going to go as far as the top line takes us, and right now, they seem to be living off of their reps they built in games 1+2.

Save for the 2 on 1 goal in game 4, they haven't done much of anything.

All 3 from line one had all those opportunities on the PP in game 5, and couldn't get it done. I need to see something from them. Especially Bergeron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad