GDT: 4/24/23 - 7:30PM EDT - #2 Toronto vs #3 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
So your only account was made in 2019, you aren't bolts fan and you've only posted in 2023 during a game against buffalo and this series for a total of 12 posts....

Hmm....sure.
I'm an Islanders fan that lives in Toronto with a vested interest in seeing Toronto lose. If they were playing Carolina in the first round and Carolina was crapping the bed, I would be making the same posts on the Carolina board. Once this series ends, I don't think you will see any posts from me on the Tampa board.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I'm an Islanders fan that lives in Toronto with a vested interest in seeing Toronto lose. If they were playing Carolina in the first round and Carolina was crapping the bed, I would be making the same posts on the Carolina board. Once this series ends, I don't think you will see any posts from me on the Tampa board.

Your post encapsulates why this series pisses so many of us off. Almost no one gives a damn about any other series but the fans of the teams involved in them.

Yet almost everyone has an opinion about this one because it's the Leafs vs the current dynasty.

Your commentary pisses us off. We're just like you guys, except everyone is out to get us, and at the same time depending us to give them shit talking material.

I don't think anyone here is trying to be intentionally rude to you, but we'd prefer it if you kept it moving.

PS: If you're an Islander's fan you're definitely gloating over the state of the series. I hope you enjoyed all those eliminations. Even if we lose this one it's gotta hurt to see Tavares win against us once he left your garbage organization.

• Love
Reactions: TheGroceryStick

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Your post encapsulates why this series pisses so many of us off. Almost no one gives a damn about any other series but the fans of the teams involved in them.

Yet almost everyone has an opinion about this one because it's the Leafs vs the current dynasty.

Your commentary pisses us off. We're just like you guys, except everyone is out to get us, and at the same time depending us to give them shit talking material.

I don't think anyone here is trying to be intentionally rude to you, but we'd prefer it if you kept it moving.

PS: If you're an Islander's fan you're definitely gloating over the state of the series. I hope you enjoyed all those eliminations. Even if we lose this one it's gotta hurt to see Tavares win against us once he left your garbage organization.
Out to get you? It's the exact opposite. I want nothing more than to see Tampa beat Toronto. You think you have it rough because you are subject to Leafs fans? How do you think I feel being surrounded by it every day? And you have to be kidding me about being upset about the Islanders losing to Tampa. Come on. Any Islanders fan worth a damn was thrilled to see those Islanders teams go that far. No one had any illusions about beating Tampa in either of those series, in part because at that point Tampa had a near unbeatable goalie. I, like I assume all of you, would love to know why that same goalie can't stop a puck worth a damn against the Leafs. {As an aside, I also know very well what it is like watching a dynasty come to an end. This Tampa team is pretty reminiscent of the Islanders circa 1985/86).

Settle down with the "garbage organization" stuff. It's a game. I'm not sure it justifies that kind of vitriol. I hope Tampa can find a way to win game 5. I don't have much faith in Boston beating Toronto, and none of Jersey, NYR or Carolina will either, so Tampa was my primary hope this year.

This whole series is immensely frustrating for me and others in my situation (non-Leafs fans living in Toronto). That game last night was probably more crushing for me than it was for you guys.

Reactions: Renopucker

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Randorf and Engblom both have long histories working for national networks as neutral broadcasters. Obviously Engblom's been with us for quite a while now, but while I know both of them are more than capable of providing the hype for Lightning goals when it's warranted - Dave's goal call of Point's OT winner last year was 10/10 - but I also never expect them to go full homer in a depressed sense when things go bad either, because it's not how they're conditioned to broadcast. IIRC, I think Randorf said after the Panthers won an OT game against us in the '21 playoffs something about "good for him(Lomberg)/them".
Does any homer broadcast get depressed? They tend to always double down on "well they're not eliminated yet" in my experience. After all, gotta get people to stay tuned in!

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Out to get you? It's the exact opposite. I want nothing more than to see Tampa beat Toronto. You think you have it rough because you are subject to Leafs fans? How do you think I feel being surrounded by it every day? And you have to be kidding me about being upset about the Islanders losing to Tampa. Come on. Any Islanders fan worth a damn was thrilled to see those Islanders teams go that far. No one had any illusions about beating Tampa in either of those series, in part because at that point Tampa had a near unbeatable goalie. I, like I assume all of you, would love to know why that same goalie can't stop a puck worth a damn against the Leafs. {As an aside, I also know very well what it is like watching a dynasty come to an end. This Tampa team is pretty reminiscent of the Islanders circa 1985/86).

Settle down with the "garbage organization" stuff. It's a game. I'm not sure it justifies that kind of vitriol. I hope Tampa can find a way to win game 5. I don't have much faith in Boston beating Toronto, and none of Jersey, NYR or Carolina will either, so Tampa was my primary hope this year.

This whole series is immensely frustrating for me and others in my situation (non-Leafs fans living in Toronto). That game last night was probably more crushing for me than it was for you guys.
Boston will beat Toronto….if TB doesn’t win this series…….not done yet…

Reactions: Stammertime91

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL

You apparently didn't get it.

We don't care about how you feel about our series or performance.

This isn't the place for your emotional rants about every other team. We f***ing don't care.

If we're both lucky, you'll have the pleasure of watching the Lightning eliminating NYI again. You apparently enjoy it.

Goodbye.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
thor-avenger-ban-hammer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad