GDT: 4/24/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Toronto VS Tampa Bay

722ish

Mar 1, 2013
That was an absolute rocket from Gudas!
I didn't notice Panik a whole lot at first somehow, I assume that's my fault and not a representation of his play, but he's quickly becoming one of my favorites, he's much better than I was giving him credit for!

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
That was an absolute rocket from Gudas!
I didn't notice Panik a whole lot at first somehow, I assume that's my fault and not a representation of his play, but he's quickly becoming one of my favorites, he's much better than I was giving him credit for!

Panik is a latish bloomer. He's always had talent, his effort and consistency were his problem. It clicked for him in the AHL last season at the midway point really. He's got a mean streak too. He's actually incredibly creative as well. His first goal in the NHL was highlight reel material.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What's our position since the 2nd half of the season?

I dunno, but the percentage is 19.9%, so the lack of more recent PP success maybe was just regression towards the mean.

20% is a good number though, no matter what team you are.

722ish

Mar 1, 2013
Panik is a latish bloomer. He's always had talent, his effort and consistency were his problem. It clicked for him in the AHL last season at the midway point really. He's got a mean streak too. He's actually incredibly creative as well. His first goal in the NHL was highlight reel material.

Unfortunately I don't get to see any AHL action really, so I'm in the dark on how these guys play until they get a callup. I do like when he gets aggressive, it's nice to see these guys with some skill get angry too! He's definitely got my attention now.

On a side note, I heard chief mention Pc Labrie gaining confidence and I was going to say the same. I can't help but root for the guy, and it is nice to see him getting better!

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
I love watching Stamkos play against the Leafs...he definitely likes pouring it on against them. Nate Thompson vs. the Devils comes to mind, except NT isn't from NJ.

Also...seriously, that Gudas shot. Instead of coffee, I may start my mornings off by watching that goal.

str8shooter

Apr 7, 2013
So we're going to win one of the only games when it's important for us to lose? I actually predicted this and picked up Ben Bishop in a last ditch attempt of a fantasy hockey final. I deserve +5 zillion cool points.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
On a side note, I heard chief mention Pc Labrie gaining confidence and I was going to say the same. I can't help but root for the guy, and it is nice to see him getting better!

Labrie gained confidence with the addition of Cooper. It's because he'll run through a flaming wall of glass shards for Cooper and Cooper has confidence in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad