GDT: 4/24/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Toronto VS Tampa Bay

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Both of Gudas' NHL goals are against the Maple Leafs...needless to say, tonight's was the prettier of the two. Tonight's was the GW.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Didn't want a win, but totally worth it with MSL picking up all those points.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
So pumped I got to witness this game live. Its been way too long and loved trolling the drunk leafs fans. Viny looked great out there you can really tell he's a star player still, solid on the puck and really creative. Stammer was flying which was good to see. Our d is as bad in person as on TV. A lot of bone headed plays right after we dominate the o zone time. Amazing game I'll never forget:handclap:

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Is it just me or was Stamkos an animal tonight? He had the goal and the assist, but also had a number of good defensive interventions and was rewarded with a +5 (!!).

We bag on him a lot I think because we know he's capable of good two-way nights like tonight. Let's hope the last month or so was an aberration.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Spent night at bar with Leafs fan brother. He's now drunk and all girls in bar converted to Marty fans. I have dibs, though. Brother's Leafs jersey to be ritually burned at dawn.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Is it just me or was Stamkos an animal tonight? He had the goal and the assist, but also had a number of good defensive interventions and was rewarded with a +5 (!!).

We bag on him a lot I think because we know he's capable of good two-way nights like tonight. Let's hope the last month or so was an aberration.

The issue with Stamkos this year wasn't that he wasn't capable of playing like he did tonight, it's that he largely wasn't playing like he did tonight. I'm glad he had a great game, and I agree with you about how he played. It's just kind of frustrating we haven't seen it more this season.

Oh, and all respect to Marty and Stammer and Bish... but Hedman was our best player out there tonight. Some nights he just looks unstoppable.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
The issue with Stamkos this year wasn't that he wasn't capable of playing like he did tonight, it's that he largely wasn't playing like he did tonight. I'm glad he had a great game, and I agree with you about how he played. It's just kind of frustrating we haven't seen it more this season.

Oh, and all respect to Marty and Stammer and Bish... but Hedman was our best player out there tonight. Some nights he just looks unstoppable.

Totally agree. Except Marty looked better than Heddy tonight. Backcheck, forecheck, passes, goals. He came to play tonight for sure. Definitely not taking anything away from Hedman. He played awesome tonight. Definitely asserted himself physically. I want to see more of that, that guy is a giant.

Pointerspoint

socktaper
Mar 23, 2013
Lake County
Basically I think this simply proves they read the boards here. They obviously read and acknowledged that they could get a win tonight without jeopardizing their place in the draft so went ahead with it.

So now (since we know you are watching) - no more points! But play like this starting next season.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Morning. I don't remember watching the game, alcohol, yeah.. How did we play? I remember Brewer/Carle sucking it up early on and Marty being a beast but other than that how did the team play? I'm guessing Toronto was just sucking.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Overall, I think we looked pretty good last night. Brewer was his usual self,but we made up for it. The Gudas goal was just ugly - and by ugly I mean awesome. If we look like this next season (and ditch Brewer) I might not have to drink so much.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
I'm inclined to say that yesterday's game was a glimpse of Cooper. He's only had 3 practices so far and there's been like 10 games under him (and they've still improved). With a full offseason and training camp, I'm expecting playoffs next season.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Man. If this team, with all of the talent, can put it together for a solid, complete season next year...

Stamkos is a beast when he tries.
Marty is Marty.
When Vinny is healthy, I love him.
Hedman, Holy ****.

My boy Benny P didn't have the best night, though... I was face-palming.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If they make some solid moves this offseason they can find their way back to the postseason. I just dont know what their plan is. Are they trying to win now or with all these young guys are they going to stay calm until they know these guys can play with the best. Right now they are so young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad