BRUINS GDT 4/21: Game 5 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins 8:14 PM ET - NBC, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Who has a wedding during the playoffs,Lol ,actually I remember having to go out to my car to listen to a game years ago on the radio,didn’t have phones and apps back then.

my buddy, during the Flyers run a couple of years ago switched wedding dates to make sure he watched a game. Now, he and his now wife are huge Flyer fans (fools) and the wedding was taking place in their parent`s back yard with a very small guest list so it was easier but that`s what they did. Flyers lost that game:)

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Ok boys, end it tonight! The Leafs are much better at home and I don't want them to even remotely entertain the idea of forcing a game 7.

As much as it pains me to bring up this memory, I remember Daniel Briere saying game 5 was the turning point when Philly believed they could come back against the Bruins. He said they knew if they could get game 5 then they'd be going home for game 6, where they were much more comfortable. Then, if they won at home, anything could happen in a game 7.
Yes obviously there are some Bruin players that know what can happen if you don’t put teams away when you have the chance,I suspect the Bruins will need their best game in this series to win,not expecting the Leafs to roll over,hoping they do though.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
A key for me is also for the B`s to not give up an odd man rush, they have gotten away with it quite a bit in this series, can`t assume it will continue
Yes, pushing the past to much, losing composure and taking chance will give Toronto some odd man rush which Boston need's to avoid.

Play hard, simple and block the neutral zone. They will have the chance cause that Toronto d is not that great.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Like the last game Boston needs:

Tuukka to be rock solid again
Pray Bergeron is back and the top line can dominant
Like to see Krejci / Rick Nash pick it up and be a part of the win
The third line contribute on the scoreboard.
4th line continue as usual.
Jump on the Leafs early and crush their spirit just like Winnipeg did to Minny.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Remember the last time the Bruins were up vs the Leafs 3-1.

I will be beyond pissed if we have a repeat of game 5 at home like 2010 philly, 2012 Washington or 2013 Toronto. We need to put these cherries on ice and give me a week to rest up for TB/NJ
I’m with you,Bruins should throw everything at them tonight,including the kitchen sink.The only way they should loose tonight is if Anderson stands on his head and steals it.

Reactions: Hamilton Brian

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Remember the last time the Bruins were up vs the Leafs 3-1.

I will be beyond pissed if we have a repeat of game 5 at home like 2010 philly, 2012 Washington or 2013 Toronto. We need to put these cherries on ice and give me a week to rest up for TB/NJ

Only thing consistent with all those teams is Chara/Bergeron being on the teams.

Hopefully they can show some leadership and get them over that game 5 hump. They have enough experience with it.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I still fear that it's a concussion. I know Cassidy said it was something he was dealing with before, but we all know what he can and does play through. He would not be playing through a concussion.

Reactions: BMC

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
All I ask for is 3 Bruins goals in the 1st. 2 in the 2nd. And 3 in the 3rd. For a nice, calm, non heart attack inducing 8-1 victory.

Oh. And please defend the stretch pass. It’s Toronto’s only means of generating offence.

Reactions: Paddington

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I still fear that it's a concussion. I know Cassidy said it was something he was dealing with before, but we all know what he can and does play through. He would not be playing through a concussion.

I don't think so.

He didn't get checked out by doctor after hit, he walked and practiced.

If it was concussion, they'd let him rest....regardless of mind games with leafs.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I don't think so.

He didn't get checked out by doctor after hit, he walked and practiced.

If it was concussion, they'd let him rest....regardless of mind games with leafs.
I don’t know if I even buy the upper body excuse. His shot doesn’t look right still. Like he’s hesitant to plant his front foot hard.

Who knows really though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad