BRUINS GDT 4/21: Game 5 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins 8:14 PM ET - NBC, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Toronto isn’t going to roll over and give up. Bruins need to come out ready to kill the Leafs hopes. Skate hard, score first and score often.

My hope is that Bergy will be back but I think the team can win without him.

I want to see this team win tonight, shake hands and prepare for round 2.

I want to see four little pieces of maple leaf pie in that victory circle.

Let’s go Bruins!

Reactions: Lilou and BMC

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
That`s fine, I beg the team to NOT run aroud chasing him for pay back initially. Establish a comfortable lead THEN go head huntin`
The best payback is to make him shake their hands tonight, and send him golfing.

However I’m fine with verbal taunts.

Reactions: BMC and Bruinaura

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Toronto isn’t going to roll over and give up. Bruins need to come out ready to kill the Leafs hopes. Skate hard, score first and score often.

My hope is that Bergy will be back but I think the team can win without him.

I want to see this team win tonight, shake hands and prepare for round 2.

I want to see four little pieces of maple leaf pie in that victory circle.

Let’s go Bruins!

A key for me is also for the B`s to not give up an odd man rush, they have gotten away with it quite a bit in this series, can`t assume it will continue

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
ok, is this game on in my area at 7pm or 8pm? Gotta figure this out over the day
8pm for us-not a fan of later starts but it’s a Saturday so not as bad. Church isn’t nearly as early as work.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
A key for me is also for the B`s to not give up an odd man rush, they have gotten away with it quite a bit in this series, can`t assume it will continue
True.

I think they take more risks with this when they have the lead and our style of play risks getting burned by them.

Tuukka has bailed us out but I would rather just reduce the need to be bailed out.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Ok boys, end it tonight! The Leafs are much better at home and I don't want them to even remotely entertain the idea of forcing a game 7.

As much as it pains me to bring up this memory, I remember Daniel Briere saying game 5 was the turning point when Philly believed they could come back against the Bruins. He said they knew if they could get game 5 then they'd be going home for game 6, where they were much more comfortable. Then, if they won at home, anything could happen in a game 7.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ok boys, end it tonight! The Leafs are much better at home and I don't want them to even remotely entertain the idea of forcing a game 7.

As much as it pains me to bring up this memory, I remember Daniel Briere saying game 5 was the turning point when Philly believed they could come back against the Bruins. He said they knew if they could get game 5 then they'd be going home for game 6, where they were much more comfortable. Then, if they won at home, anything could happen in a game 7.

That Flyer team had/has something this Leaf team doesn`t have and that`s experience. I don`t see this B`s team, under Butch, playing scared or allowing their opponents back in the series, I predict it`s over tonight and I think the B`s will look after things in a business like manner. It won`t be a blowout, but something along the lines of 4-1

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
That Flyer team had/has something this Leaf team doesn`t have and that`s experience. I don`t see this B`s team, under Butch, playing scared or allowing their opponents back in the series, I predict it`s over tonight and I think the B`s will look after things in a business like manner. It won`t be a blowout, but something along the lines of 4-1
Cassidy also is not a sit back and play safe type coach. He has the philosophy that once you have them down you go for the kill.

Bruins are the better team but the Leafs are pretty dangerous.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Leafs were one of, if not the worst match up for the first round in my opinion so finishing them off early would be amazing. Get some rest, scout out the NJ/TBL games and get ready for round two. Not to say that it's an easy road in the future IF they take care of business with Toronto, but I think the Bruins have a lot of trouble with teams that Babcock coaches.

This series has been frustrating to watch in a LOT of different ways. The phantom delay of game in game 3, throwing our centers out of faceoffs nearly every single time and the constant uncalled interference picks is getting old. I can't wait to be done with Toronto.

Bruins win the series. Hoping like hell it's tonight but even it's not, they'll get it done.

Reactions: Ladyfan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Cassidy also is not a sit back and play safe type coach. He has the philosophy that once you have them down you go for the kill.

Bruins are the better team but the Leafs are pretty dangerous.

they have a ton of weapons. The playoffs are just a different beast, a bounce here or there, soft/timely goal can change momentum of a game. Look no further than the first two games in Boston. Game 1 tied until 5 mins left of 2nd with both Matthews and Marner missing open nets, rest is history. Game 2, B`s on the PP and giving up a breakaway that rings off the post which would have tied it, B`s come back down, pop one then pile on.

The B`s are still allowing far too many easy out`s for my comfort zone, hoping they tighten that awareness up tonight

Reactions: HumBucker

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I want to see if this group has killer instinct. That would give me a lot of confidence for the rest of the playoffs.
Yes I hope they have a killer instinct ,they definitely have had a history of not putting teams away as early as they could of,put them away they could probably have 4 days off before next series,that could be huge for them.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Leafs were one of, if not the worst match up for the first round in my opinion so finishing them off early would be amazing. Get some rest, scout out the NJ/TBL games and get ready for round two. Not to say that it's an easy road in the future IF they take care of business with Toronto, but I think the Bruins have a lot of trouble with teams that Babcock coaches.

This series has been frustrating to watch in a LOT of different ways. The phantom delay of game in game 3, throwing our centers out of faceoffs nearly every single time and the constant uncalled interference picks is getting old. I can't wait to be done with Toronto.

Bruins win the series. Hoping like hell it's tonight but even it's not, they'll get it done.

not sure it has anything to do with the way Babcock coaches, I think it`s the overall team speed of the Leafs that I was far more concerned about. I honestly thought the B`s would be taking more penalties and the Leafs are solid on the PP. Babcock preaches puck possession and speed. If you look at the B`s best period of this series IMO, which ironically came in the only game they lost in the series, the 3rd period of game 3, they literally cut off any and all Leaf passing lanes when they tried to get through the neutral zone, the B`s just couldn`t capitalize.

Leafs weakness is their D, put a focused and disciplined fore check on them, it`s over. Give them time or break from where you need to be and the Leafs will expose you. If you look at almost every odd man rush it came with a few things happening. Too many B`s caught down low and/or an ill timed pinch.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
they have a ton of weapons. The playoffs are just a different beast, a bounce here or there, soft/timely goal can change momentum of a game. Look no further than the first two games in Boston. Game 1 tied until 5 mins left of 2nd with both Matthews and Marner missing open nets, rest is history. Game 2, B`s on the PP and giving up a breakaway that rings off the post which would have tied it, B`s come back down, pop one then pile on.

The B`s are still allowing far too many easy out`s for my comfort zone, hoping they tighten that awareness up tonight
I said in a thread before they played the first game that the games might come down to puck luck.

I think 2 of the three games had a lot of puck luck involved (game 1 and 3).

Goal tending has also mattered-Tuukka really came through especially game 1 and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino