GDT: 4/21/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Detroit VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And good to see Callahan FINALLY come up with some kind of offensive production in the series. It's just an assist but I'll take it, particularly as the moment that ended the series. I was starting to worry he would go the whole series without figuring into the scoreboard at all.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And good to see Callahan FINALLY come up with some kind of offensive production in the series. It's just an assist but I'll take it, particularly as the moment that ended the series. I was starting to worry he would go the whole series without figuring into the scoreboard at all.

He was in the top 6 for maybe half a game last night, and he looked very good once he got up there, but also got on the score-sheet and in a huge moment. I hope this builds his confidence and with the rest, hoping he can pot some goals as well.

I also love Killer's and Cally's chemistry. If you listen to their interviews, they knew what the other one was doing, and knew where they would be. Even if KFC becomes our 3rd line next season, that is some huge depth.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
GODS SAKE Bob Cole is just horrible. "Wait a minute everybody there's still time left" Well geez thanks for the clue Dick Tracy. Talk about it when the puck drops again.

I don't get why the league had Cole broadcast these games, isn't he the Redwings play by play guy? Was watching the Blues and Hawks last night and it was the Chicago crew doing the game which was biased and annoying. If they want to use those crews have them crossover and do the other conference games not their own.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
GODS SAKE Bob Cole is just horrible. "Wait a minute everybody there's still time left" Well geez thanks for the clue Dick Tracy. Talk about it when the puck drops again.

No kidding. Is this guy revered in Canada or something? He's, bar none, the worst play by play guy I've ever heard. So bad.

I pray to Bishop I don't have to listen to him anymore.

I don't get why the league had Cole broadcast these games, isn't he the Redwings play by play guy? Was watching the Blues and Hawks last night and it was the Chicago crew doing the game which was biased and annoying. If they want to use those crews have them crossover and do the other conference games not their own.

No, but it sure as hell seemed like it.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No kidding. Is this guy revered in Canada or something? He's, bar none, the worst play by play guy I've ever heard. So bad.

I pray to Bishop I don't have to listen to him anymore.

No, but it sure as hell seemed like it.

Had me fooled for sure. He also was boring as *****. Hopefully he's done after this round.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah Cole probably hates sun belt teams or some ****.

He's just 80-something years old and not nearly as sharp as he used to be.

For anyone who grew up watching hockey in Canada, Cole is THE voice. He's the guy that pretty much every Canadian (and some American) play-by-play men copied. I heard it explained once by, I think, one of the guys on Marek vs. Wyshynsky, that what separated Cole from everyone else was his ability to narrate the game to a crescendo.

Anyway, at this point, it's almost like listening to the last days of Harry Carey. (Or maybe even Chief.) The people who enjoy it (and I'm one of them) don't necessarily enjoy it for the informative value or whatever, it's more about "that voice" and the idea that it's always been "that voice."

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The team will be off until Sunday so that's good, give everyone a chance to rest up.

And also Yzerman confirms that the flu is going around.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
lol wow. It doesn't change my respect for Bob Cole but he couldn't have displayed his bias any more. Whatever, Detroit is right across the way from Windsor. I'm sure if Canada had any team left it was them.

He wasn't displaying bias. He was trying to figure out a way to involve the Canadian audience and then got himself caught in a tangle of words.

The playoffs' ratings are abysmal in Canada, apparently, and this is a huge source of concern for Rogers. To date, just about nothing in their deal has worked out as planned.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He wasn't displaying bias. He was trying to figure out a way to involve the Canadian audience and then got himself caught in a tangle of words.

The playoffs' ratings are abysmal in Canada, apparently, and this is a huge source of concern for Rogers. To date, just about nothing in their deal has worked out as planned.

That'll happen when none of the 7 Canadian teams are competitive enough to make the playoffs.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

No use defending him, dude. He straight up sucks. I don't care what he "used to be," he's ****ing god awful now. When the puck zips to a player on our team, you should be using the player's name who got the puck, not our team name, every god damn time. Plus many other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad