GDT: 4/21/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Detroit VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He wasn't displaying bias. He was trying to figure out a way to involve the Canadian audience and then got himself caught in a tangle of words.

The playoffs' ratings are abysmal in Canada, apparently, and this is a huge source of concern for Rogers. To date, just about nothing in their deal has worked out as planned.

Be that as it may I'm just more than sour because he says, "Wait a minute there is still time left" when Killorn takes a late lead. Really? I'm gonna pick a famous moment in Leafs history Cole was a part of and he outright declared victory to Toronto. Where was the, "Wait a minute" here?

Then he goes and says Canada can be proud of the Wings. That didn't really bother me as much as the Killorn moment. I'm not a broadcast major but there's a fundamental sense of "time and place". You don't say "wait a minute" 5 seconds after he scores. It just kills the moment for anyone watching the game that was cheering for us. Saying it subtly on the faceoff not only builds suspense but reinforces the reality of the situation.

As for Rogers, apparently their coverage is awful and I hope this comes as karma to them

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I like Bob and respect what he has done for broadcasting but anyone who thinks there was no bias by him in this series go back and watch the game 4 highlights in the OP.
His voice is easily distinguishable as being more excited when Detroit had a scoring chance/goal.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I just went to try to add this to the game 2 gdt, but it is closed. Maybe someone already posted it, maybe it has already been discussed, but I was just watching replays and took a screen shot of one of Johnson's goals. I had to crop it, sorry the quality kind of sucks. I just like seeing him in the middle of the entire Detroit line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad