GDT: 4/21/15 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #3 Detroit [ECQF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Yzerman can't be happy that Glendenning is outplaying Stamkos so far this series.

Glendenning 2G/0A +2
Stamkos 0G/2A 0

Yzerman can't be happy that the AHL'er Mrazek is outplaying Bishop so far this series.

Mrazek 2W 1L .930 S% (86 shots faced)
Bishop 1W 2L .897 S% (58 shots faced)

I was pretty surprised when people were saying after just one loss that Game 2 was a 'must win', but now I'm on board with saying Game 4 is a 'must win' for TB. Going down 3-1 would not be good.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
I'm disappointed that Coop seems to think that the 3Cs line is worthy of keeping together. Vladdy and Paquette have been ****. Paquette looks afraid to hit because his skating isn't good enough to keep up with the Wings. It's horrible. Vladdy's skating is actually fast enough to keep up / blow by the Wings for the most part. He's just not using it because he's scared ****less of making a mistake.

Of the two, Paquette is more useful because he kills penalties well enough. Vladdy, if he continues to be in the lineup, needs to throw caution to the wind and skate. Just move your legs ffs. Make mistakes of commission not timidity. Drouin can't possibly be much worse at this point.

Still say sit him.

18 / 9 / 86
17 / 51 / 24
27 / 91 / 13
10 / 11 / 23

Or move Dumptruck down to the 4th line and Brown up to play with the 3rd. Surely enough speed with Stamkos in that situation. Dumptruck needs to hit everything that moves like he was in last year's playoffs. He's been a non-factor.

Those lines look good but I don't know if we're gonna see it this year

Datsyuk would still make it difficult on Stamkos, but that would free up KFC to do damage against easier competition, get us some offensive zone faceoffs, draw some penalties

Cooper doesn't really seem like a matchup guy though

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Where's the ragging on Hedman coming from? He looked good last night. Hell, all the D did - even Sustr.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Datsyuk would still make it difficult on Stamkos, but that would free up KFC to do damage against easier competition, get us some offensive zone faceoffs, draw some penalties

What good does drawing penalties do if you can't capitalize on any of them?!?
2 for 17 or 11.7% on the power play so far in 3 playoff games.:shakehead

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Other than Game 2 Stamkos has played like ****. Where Datsyuk has played like he is their best player. Playoffs is where your best players need to be your best players, so far Stamkos is pissing this away. Step the hell up man!

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Where's the ragging on Hedman coming from? He looked good last night. Hell, all the D did - even Sustr.

It's not "ragging" when all that was said is that he needs to be our best player. Sustr was our Best D last night. Andrej "The Condor" Sustr(thanks pete@bp). Flying into the zone, bodying people in his own zone and having an overall impressive night imo.

Hedman can't get outshone by Andrej Sustr, period. It should never happen. Hedman on his bad nights should be about even with Sustr on his best. Time for him and Stamkos to be the water carriers.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I think Hedman and the defense have been good. Our offense has just been atrocious. Honestly, I think Killorn has been one of our best forwards. Along with Boyle.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
So Brighthouse decided at about 6 pm last night that I didn't need cable or internet for the rest of the night. I was pissed as hell, but now it looks like they may have done me a favor.

Was there anything good at all about last night's game.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
If you look at the other eastern game that was played last night between WAS and NYI, where WAS was down 2-1 in their series and needed to win, who stepped up to score those goals...Ovi and Bäckström, their best players so I trully hope that our best goal scorers step up in the next game to even the series.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
So Brighthouse decided at about 6 pm last night that I didn't need cable or internet for the rest of the night. I was pissed as hell, but now it looks like they may have done me a favor.

Our in zone coverage, except on their PP goal, was very good. We got hemmed in a couple of times (beginning of the third I think Coburn/Carle was stuck out there for almost two minutes), but we kept everything to the outside. Their goals were pretty much their only good scoring chances.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Some teams would probably take how they played last night and learn from it what not to do but this is Tampa so I doubt they'll make any real adjustments for next game.

I just hope that Coop will finally sit Vladdy and put Drouin in there instead.

The other thing I want him to do is play the 2nd PP unit more, just giving them around 30 seconds of PP time is ridiculous.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
ok, I guess I'll have to figure out exactly which series' those have been.

2003:

R1 vs. Washington - L/L/W/W/W/W
R2 vs. New Jersey - L/L/W...L/L

2004:

R4 vs. Calgary - L/W/L/W/L/W/W

2006:

R1 vs. Ottawa - L/W...L/L/L

2011:

R1 vs. Pittsburgh - L/W/L/L/W/W/W
R3 vs, Boston - W/L/L/W/L/W/L

--

Big difference between this team and the 2004 team - that team could apparently score a 5v3 goal.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
And back then they had star players that actually showed the **** up like Marty, Vinny, and Brad.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
It all comes down to two things basically:

1. special teams
2. creating secondary chances / rebounds and crashing the net

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
It must have been horrible, everybody I talk to is cranky as hell.

It's not the end guys, they can come back from this. Although it sounds like Cooper needs a swift kick and maybe Stammer and Hedman too.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
That game made me so depressed
tumblr_lxvbuqikVb1qfr6udo1_400.gif

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Game 3 is too early for doom and gloom. Take care of business in Game 4 and we're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad