GDT: 4/2/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
karlsson grabs the puck at the end of the game in what may be his last home game as a sen

edit: video

Heard from a friend in Ottawa that they talked about this being his last home game with the Sens all day on the radio.

He's gone. Everybody knows it. Including Karlsson. I think even Sens fans know it at this point.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings matching up Kopitar-Brown-Pearson-Phaneuf-Doughty vs. the MacKinnon line. It's a lot of skill on the ice at once but also a lot of guts.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
MacKinnon has done a whole lot of nothing lately and the Avs have really crashed down to earth. I think the Hart should go to McDavid or Kopitar at this point, unless things turn back around

Reactions: kingsfan28

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Jets vs. Wild is a done deal.

Basically, yes, but mathematically, no:

STL can still catch Minny, forcing them into a Wildcard position, but every result has to be perfect, and no one can pick up/lose a point. WPG can still catch NSH, but NSH has to lose every remaining game, Winnipeg needs to win out and NSH can only pick up one loser point.

In conclusion, you're correct, but not technically correct.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Matthews dominated the sabres. now up to 60pts in 60 games. not bad for a kid that woulda went 3rd in 2015 :)

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wild playoff ticket punched.
It feels a little bittersweet knowing that the one guy we couldn't afford to lose is out. We're gonna need a 2003 kind of effort even more so if Spurgie isn't ready in time. That said, I love being an underdog. No pressure.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It feels a little bittersweet knowing the one guy we couldn't afford to lose is out. We're gonna need a 2003 kind of effort even more so if Spurgie isn't ready in time. That said, I love being an underdog. No pressure.
Spurgeon won't be in game shape yet, but he'll be in the lineup come post season. We'll still need all the help we can get up and down the lineup.

No Suter, Spurgeon at maybe 70%... not good considering the depth they face on the other side.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This is odd. With Forbort leaving the game early, you would've expected Doughty to log well over 30 minutes to make up for it. Instead, he logged 28:47, which isn't unusual for him. Martinez, on the other hand, logged 32:11, 10 minutes more than usual. I'm not sure why Stevens thought, "Forbort is out, so I'm going to lean heavily on Martinez, rather than my Norris-winning defenseman," but it worked.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Hart is Hall's to lose at this point.

when-i-ask-a-girl-to-hang-out-and-she-replies-that-she-might-be-busy-that-day-20574.gif

Reactions: KingTrouty

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This is odd. With Forbort leaving the game early, you would've expected Doughty to log well over 30 minutes to make up for it. Instead, he logged 28:47, which isn't unusual for him. Martinez, on the other hand, logged 32:11, 10 minutes more than usual. I'm not sure why Stevens thought, "Forbort is out, so I'm going to lean heavily on Martinez, rather than my Norris-winning defenseman," but it worked.

Some of it was using Doughty vs. the top line of the Avs hard-match style, so his deployment was more selective and controlled. Marty was picking up extra shifts with Folin and Ladue since those were the only other two available. Probably also having to do with sort of managing Drew's minutes since he played over 29 vs. the Ducks as well while Marty was barely over 21 so he could withstand that. I dunno. you're right that it was unusual though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad