GDT: 4/2/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Winnipeg and Minnesota now have a 94.5 percent chance at playing each other in the first round.

Acfeagp.png

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I ****ing love Dion Phaneuf. Never thought I'd utter those words but he's the latest in a long line of 'terrible' d-men to help the LA Kings so much.

This board has a weird anti physical, tough D men groupthink.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I'd love to see a play-in game. Last one I remember was...Philly-Rangers shootout? Is that right?

I seemingly remember the Isles being involved... found this one that I remember. Up 2-0 needing to win, concede a goal with less than a second left before winning in a shootout.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I hate the fact the NHL doesn't have a 1 game play in like in MLB.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Especially once Seattle gets in.

18 of 32 with a chance to win the Cup is better for the league. I mean 16 teams used to make it in with a 21 team league.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings defense getting a crash course in chemistry haha.

Forbort out in the first period so the Kings have 3 RHD, 2 LHD...Drew playing LD some shifts for the first time in his career. Doughty-Phaneuf-Martinez-LaDue-Folin. Strange pairings, like Doughty-LaDue.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Welp no Muzzin and now no Forbort

I missed that Forbort left. If true, the team's two defensemen that I'm hardest on are both out. Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me.

If Brown gets injured, I may have no one on the team left to blame. What am I supposed to do then?

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I missed that Forbort left. If true, the team's two defensemen that I'm hardest on are both out. Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me.

If Brown gets injured, I may have no one on the team left to blame. What am I supposed to do then?
There's no one to replace those two this late in the season. Muzzin was fine and Forbort was coming along the last 10 games or so.

I don't know what's your problem with Brown. You might need to start cheering for a new team.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No matter how this game/season ends, Sam Girard is exciting me playing this well in such an important game, against one of the more physical teams in the league.

He's very elusive, I feel like he'd be just fine in physical games like this one, like Gaudreau in that sense.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings really need to pressure and control the game in the 3rd to keep the pressure off their 5 d on the back end. Martinez could be in for a career high in minutes tonight. They're already starting to slow down a bit on the back end.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
I ****ing love Dion Phaneuf. Never thought I'd utter those words but he's the latest in a long line of 'terrible' d-men to help the LA Kings so much.

He was never a terrible player. He was a terrible #1D. Sheltered #3/4 he’s fantastic. Overpaid but a great #3/4

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
No matter how this game/season ends, Sam Girard is exciting me playing this well in such an important game, against one of the more physical teams in the league.

Surely you don't mean the Kings. This isn't 2012, or even 2014.

Yeah, it's every Kings' fan's wet dream to be down to the 7th and 8th D on the depth chart forced into the lineup just as the playoffs start... :rolleyes:

Reactions: KingTrouty

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
There's no one to replace those two this late in the season. Muzzin was fine and Forbort was coming along the last 10 games or so.

I don't know what's your problem with Brown. You might need to start cheering for a new team.

You take me too seriously. Raccoon gets me.

He's very elusive, I feel like he'd be just fine in physical games like this one, like Gaudreau in that sense.

He really is (elusive). Early in the season, I was worried the first time that he faced a physical team (it may've been LA), afraid that he might not get up the first time he was checked hard, and I was in awe that he seemed to not get hit all night because he dodged everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad