BRUINS GDT 4/19: Game 4 ECQF: BRUINS (2) @ Toronto (1) | NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Agreed, im not to worried though. Gryz coming back should help, and also one have to assume theyve adressed this and watched a lot of tape etc. They should be able to tighten it up and be more disciplined with when they pinch.
Bruins really need to get a good cycle game going like the Leafs we’re doing to them last game,Leafs D cough the puck up regularly even with out much pressure,can imagine what they would be like with a relentless forcheck.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
There has to be something behind that and the childish writing and such....Surely they can't be that delusional. Also, this response stands in as my "like" because I'm not allowed to 'like' at the moment. :laugh:
Did you get an infraction?

It doesn’t really bother me (their game 4 one) since I think GDTs can often be a good place to poke fun at the competition and in some cases your own team.

Reactions: Neely2005 and Cor

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
It's ****ing great and I wish we could delete all the posts criticizing it and not realizing it's a joke.
Just because some are criticizing it doesn't mean they didn't realize it was a joke...I can't compliment LOLeafs fans! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: sooshii

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Did you get an infraction?

I can neither confirm, nor deny.

It doesn’t really bother me (their game 4 one) since I think GDTs can often be a good place to poke fun at the competition and in some cases your own team.

Definitely can. Sometimes you need that light fun. Let's be honest......Most Leafs fans, whether they want to admit it or not, are tight right now. They lose tonight and they are in serious shit.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Yeah Bruins definitely need to address the stretch pass that’s for sure,but the D pinching is a big part of the Bruins game.

There's the dilemma. The Bruins are susceptible to the stretch pass because their D is very active in the O-zone. If the D plays more conservatively to take away the stretch, it also takes away an element of their attack and offensive zone puck possession.

Reactions: BMC and Neely2005

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
Big expectations for this one.
Hopefully Gryz is back, that will be big for us.
Also, hopefully Riley Nash is more up to speed now and more of the player we are used to see.
Marchand has atleast 1 goal in him tonight.

With that said, time to go to bed for a couple of hours (at 4pm), and wake up at around midnight to catch the game. Living that nocturnal life, because its the cup :naughty:. Being in-between jobs has its upsides :laugh:

LETS GO BRUINS!

I did this last year from abroad. It is a grind - much respect to you. True Bruins fan!

Reactions: Gnome17

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Tuukka. We need a big game from you. Keep them under 3 goals.
I feel confident we can get 3 goals in tonite.

Need that first goal. Lets play with a lead in their barn for a while.

We will get our chances.

By the time my game ends tonite, game should be just about over.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
There's the dilemma. The Bruins are susceptible to the stretch pass because their D is very active in the O-zone. If the D plays more conservatively to take away the stretch, it also takes away an element of their attack and offensive zone puck possession.
That’s where cycling the puck and puck possession is a key,especially down low,Leafs aren’t going to have a floater out by the Blue line if the puck is deep in there end.I think the Bruins will need to,adjust it’s that or play there game and hope they score more goals than the Leafs,not sure if that is a good plan.

BruinsDude

Jan 18, 2007
Whitman, Ma
a708f75872ca78cdf13d606df49064de--bruins-hockey-ice-hockey.jpg

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Going to miss this one unfortunately. :(

Hope when I get up and check the score, the Bruins will have given me a nice present.

GO BRUINS!

Reactions: BMC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ehhh, my heart.

They need to win this one tonight... deflate the Leafs by taking one on the road against them. I know I'm a broken record, but they need to be more physical. They were fine in games 1 and 2, then completely let Toronto dictate the physicality in the 3rd game. Toronto. TORONTO. They're softer than baby shit. Get on the body, run Matthews and Marner.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
4 nights for me in Toronto and I just wanna come home and I certainly do not want to come back here for a Game 6.

There is a lot of TV money at stake on both sides of the border. Rogers who controls the Canadian contract lives or dies with the Maple Leafs as far as viewers are concerned as Winnipeg has little national appeal. NBC is betting big on Boston as the Bruins get the prime time slot for the second Saturday night in a row and they want Boston to advance badly.

Tickets for tonight are pricey.

StubHub!

It has been 14 years since the Leafs last won a first-round matchup and this city IS the 'Centre of the Hockey Universe'. However, I can also say that the Raptors resonate very well in the city as do the Blue Jays and the MLS team. I went to Jays games the past 2 days and saw them sweep Kansas City but they drew an impressive 28,000 for a 4 PM start on Wednesday.

When you talk to the locals there is a hatred of Boston based teams - Celtics/Raptors, Jays/Red Sox and Patriots/Bills which is the defacto NFL team of Toronto. The MLS team Toronto FC is far more popular than the Revolution.

BUT it is 2013 that makes their blood boil and I have had several Leafs fans say they will never forget Jack Edwards

On a personal note I have seen Toronto triple in size from where it was in the late 60's. @Dom - OHL better than anyone knows what I mean. Montréal is where the money was and TO was a backwater and then Montréal 'won' the Olympics for 1976 and put the city and province on the brink of financial disaster. Citizens of Quebec voted in new leaders who in turn tried to eliminate the English language ( BTW this is not political - it is history ) The Montréal money and anglophones just headed west on the 401 and Toronto became Canada's largest city.

Today Toronto is a combination Manhattan and Chicago - but it lacks a soul that you see in Montréal, Winnipeg, Calgary or Edmonton but the Leafs represent the soul of Toronto past.

Tonight is a game the Bruins need to win.

I ask my respected colleague @Killion to chime in

As a Bruins fan who lives in Toronto I will politely say that there is a lot of incorrect information about the city of Toronto in this post.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Ehhh, my heart.

They need to win this one tonight... deflate the Leafs by taking one on the road against them. I know I'm a broken record, but they need to be more physical. They were fine in games 1 and 2, then completely let Toronto dictate the physicality in the 3rd game. Toronto. TORONTO. They're softer than baby ****. Get on the body, run Matthews and Marner.
Nope your right.Leafs we’re having to much fun out there.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
We here in the Hub of Hockey treat GDT's as being important and @Alicat and myself have never mailed one in.

I give you what the Toronto board has gone with for Game 4

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...t-nbcsn-cbc-no-stolen-content-version.2479393
Ali and Fenway GDT's rule and I'd not trade them for any others I've seen.

However, I have to say that that Leaf GDT made me laugh. A fair amount of humor in there. Give me a Leaf fan that can laugh over the other drama queens ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

I'm going to tip my hat to them.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
When Schaller hit Marner in game 2 it immediately caused Hainsey to go off the rocker and take an instigator. Do it again, get that PP and cause them to lose their marbles.
I’m not expecting to many Bruins power plays tonight,they will need to win 5-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad