GDT: 4/19/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #3 Detroit [ECQF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've been all about the Drouin-At-Center train, but Zettler moved Drouin back to the wing because there was something he didn't like about Drouin playing center, so I don't see it happening. I think 27-90-86 could be pretty dynamic.

So then..

18-9-17
27-90-86
81-51-24
13-11-22

Last edited:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Unfortunately with morning skate only being optinal I doubt we'll see any lineup changes even if we could need to do something to get us going and surprise their team a bit. Oh well, the main thing is that everyone needs to have their head in this game and focus on wanting to score and wanting to win.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I just hope, if it's not working, Coop pulls the trigger earlier than with 10 left in the 3rd.

The Jumping Shrimp

Oct 28, 2009
first this bolded BS the largest pile of BLANK in the history of BLANK

todays game has nothing to do with adjustments last game had nothing to do with adjustments and i hope i dont get an infraction but jesus we always need a culprit we always need things to be black and white SPORTS ARE NOT BLACK AND WHITE THAT IS WHY THE PLAY THE DAMMED GAME PERIOD You are one of my favorite people

last game had nothing to do with anything more than shoddy refs and being flat

we bounce back we stomp a mudhole in their candy azzes the way we hoped for a sweep but as i guessed it didnt happen i told this to todd he can verify this is our team

i have no answers maybe on road trip do a practice full on travel day /?? skip practice on game day?

something has to change in the future this is basically three years running our worst games are always in the same scenario

good news we will win dominate probably and it will all be overlooked again till the next time

dont buy into the glendening he did a lot the first two games right? they got him out there howd that work out

jeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz its habitual offenders our team first road game yep they can be painful but hey we are

resilient for sure one of the most resilient teams ever wish was different we would just dominate like we should 24/7 but we aint gonna get that with this team

so you have a pile of turd?

you pick it up throw it out and move on

yep we got this game we own this its only going 5

Actually, it has everything to do with adjustments. The Johnson line had a combined 15 points in two games. They go to Detroit where Detroit has last change and they don't even register a single shot on net because of an adjustment made by Blashill (line matching with the newly formed line of Glendenning, Sheahan and Abdelkader).

Also, give it a break with the shoddy refereeing. Specifically, which penalties did the Lightning take the other night that were undeserved? They need to be more disciplined. Sure they missed calls against Detroit but Datsyuk had his teeth knocked out in Tampa and they missed that one as well - S**t happens.

For the record Detroit played a great game the other night. That's why they won.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

We might go with 11F/7D tonight and I don't really think that I would mind that, especially since then we can't roll 4 lines as they are but have to mix things up. Could work.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

We might go with 11F/7D tonight and I don't really think that I would mind that, especially since then we can't roll 4 lines as they are but have to mix things up. Could work.

I had the same thought. 4th line looked bad, IMO, so I wouldn't mind shortening the bench a little, a least until we get back to TB.

Duster Crossbars

Jan 30, 2016
Winter Park, FL
Would like to try the chemistry of this:

Palat Johnson Kucherov

Boyle Namestnikov Drouin

Killorn Filppula Callahan

Blunden Paquette Marchessault

Need to get Palat going. Killorn can play with anyone. Drouin seems to gel w/ Namestnikov & Boyle in limited action together. Gives us three solid lines that can score/skate/check.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I had the same thought. 4th line looked bad, IMO, so I wouldn't mind shortening the bench a little, a least until we get back to TB.

Yeah, now I didn't like seeing Brown hurt but I did feel that we started playing better when we were playing with 11 forwards because we got to see some mix of forwards lines, like having Drouin and Brown out which lead to a goal, and I think with us not having last change it's better for us and we saw it during last years playoffs as well.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 3h3 hours ago
Paquette, Callahan, Blunden, Namestnikov, Marchessault, Kucherov, Condra, Taormina, Vasilevskiy & Gudlevskis all on the ice

this made me giggle :)

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 2h2 hours ago
Erik Erlendsson Retweeted Christopher Kirk
Whatever drill they are about to doErik Erlendsson added,

Christopher Kirk @captkirk42
.@erlendssonTBO what exactly does the coach go over on ice with only 8 players?
0 retweets 17 likes

like seeing pac man and cally out there

wish drouin was also

kucherov would eat hit gym skate practice lol repeat :) live at rink my kinda superstar

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I don't trust Taormina, but I think he'll only play a handful of minutes anyway. If he can do something on the pp, then great. But taking Condra off the 4th was the right move. Double shift someone else down there so that line can get up the ice better.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I don't trust Taormina, but I think he'll only play a handful of minutes anyway. If he can do something on the pp, then great. But taking Condra off the 4th was the right move. Double shift someone else down there so that line can get up the ice better.
Need to slip Kuch, Drouin or Johnson in there. That way if they wanna keep Glendening out there to match up, it wears him down, or if not, we have separation from a tighter checking line.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Would like to try the chemistry of this:

Palat Johnson Kucherov

Boyle Namestnikov Drouin

Killorn Filppula Callahan

Blunden Paquette Marchessault

Need to get Palat going. Killorn can play with anyone. Drouin seems to gel w/ Namestnikov & Boyle in limited action together. Gives us three solid lines that can score/skate/check.

No thank you

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Game 4 is always so important. It's the swing game of a series. Tonight we either push Detroit to the edge with a chance to Sparta kick them off the cliff on Thursday, or we let them right back in the series and miss the chance to catch a few days rest before round 2.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Too many players remained pointless after 3 games. Our depth is supposed to be better than last year. It will either make us going forward or get us to the golf course in a week. Huge test tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad