new lines from their morning skate:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Larkin
Helm-Datsyuk-Richards
Tatar-Andersson-Athanasiou
Abdelkader-Glendening-Sheahan

DeKeyser-Marchenko
Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Green

Quincey is out and Brendan Smith is in and Mrazek is starting in place of Howard

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Mrazek scares me a little.

For once, I don't mind Coop using Condra over JAM, just because it's a bottom-six guy who's out and I think we finally have enough skill in the lineup anyway. 2 lines that look dangerous is good.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Mrazek scares me a little.

For once, I don't mind Coop using Condra over JAM, just because it's a bottom-six guy who's out and I think we finally have enough skill in the lineup anyway. 2 lines that look dangerous is good.

Mrazek has not been great of late and has not played much of late! But he scares me perfect time for him to steal a game.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I have a bad feeling about this one. Don't know why but I think one could get ugly for us.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...-near-hometown-red-wings-make-changes/2273611
Lightning wing Erik Condra would be excited enough just to be playing in Sunday's Game 3 against the Red Wings, considering he was a healthy scratch in the first two.

But the fact Condra is from the Detroit area makes this one even more special - and expensive - considering the amount of ticket requests from family and friends.

"Have to be paying to play tonight, that's for sure," Condra said, smiling.
"I'm excited," he said. "I've been in the playoffs before, but to be home for the playoffs, I'm really pumped up. I'll be a little amped. But I definitely hope to rein it in a little bit and unleash it when it's time."

I disagree with Vladdy. I wouldn't change our approach at all.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't really like Vladdy's quote. I wouldn't change our approach at all.

Hoping for a big "productive" night from Vladdy's Line they now have a nice balance of players. Their D will be zoned in on Johnson, who has been officially declared Detroit's daddy. Gives opportunity for the 2nd and 3rd lines to get some offense going.

Matthew Carle

Nov 4, 2014
Finland
This is gonna be a tough one, especially if Mrazek plays good. Need to make statement and cut the camels back. I find it hard to believe DRW would come back from 3-0.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Can't say Coop did anything detrimental. We just need to be willing to put a full effort in tonight because the shutdown game is gonna be in full force.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Hoping for a big "productive" night from Vladdy's Line they now have a nice balance of players. Their D will be zoned in on Johnson, who has been officially declared Detroit's daddy. Gives opportunity for the 2nd and 3rd lines to get some offense going.
It's just a matter of time. Jo struck iron twice in game 2, and we've generated a ton of high quality scoring chances. The Johnson line has been lighting it up offensive but the wins have been team efforts. Each line has played well and contributed in some way and I can't sit here and say anyone has done a bad job.

I wouldn't change anything. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is a good spot to be in because Detroit has to adjust to us. They have to worry about what we've been doing. We on the other hand can just focus on continuing to play our game. Tonight won't be easy and I expect Detroit to play better on home ice, but I feel confident in what we've been doing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't say Coop did anything detrimental. We just need to be willing to put a full effort in tonight because the shutdown game is gonna be in full force.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing them go all out to shut down TKK. (JK? As in, the "Just Kidding" line, as in, Coop was "just kidding" all year when it looked like he couldn't find three guys with chemistry to save his life/our season?) I think the only reason our other lines haven't struck much is pure luck. We've hit something like 5 posts in two games--maybe more.

This isn't like last year when, as soon as TKO went off the ice, the game turned into a stalemate until they came back on. We have two very threatening lines, and there's been enough growth in our depth players this year that there aren't any major holes in the lineup.

Anyone remember how flimsy Namestnikov looked in last year's playoffs (and hell, to start this season too)? He looks playoff-ready this year. Now that we're actually playing TB Lightning hockey, not just spending all game in a defensive shell, I really like our depth.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I am a bit nervous but hopefully we can keep going, the key is to keep working hard and use our speed and not let them chaning goalies change how we play.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'm actually looking forward to seeing them go all out to shut down TKK. (JK? As in, the "Just Kidding" line, as in, Coop was "just kidding" all year when it looked like he couldn't find three guys with chemistry to save his life/our season?) I think the only reason our other lines haven't struck much is pure luck. We've hit something like 5 posts in two games--maybe more.

This isn't like last year when, as soon as TKO went off the ice, the game turned into a stalemate until they came back on. We have two very threatening lines, and there's been enough growth in our depth players this year that there aren't any major holes in the lineup.

Anyone remember how flimsy Namestnikov looked in last year's playoffs (and hell, to start this season too)? He looks playoff-ready this year. Now that we're actually playing TB Lightning hockey, not just spending all game in a defensive shell, I really like our depth.

what is seriously funny is we are not having game by game debate on how in the world to get stamkos going:) im sorry too soon or whatever to me this is hilarious cause by now last year we probably had that conversation

Now ???? not worthy of a poll but NOW DOES ANYONE THINK the other lines with drouin etc.. wont get going? without tweaking changing cutting off a chickens head or some type of voodoo we try to do for stamkos

AND YES TODD HES STILL SIGNING

this is just funny and part of the legacy of stephen stamkos

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
what is seriously funny is we are not having game by game debate on how in the world to get stamkos going:) im sorry too soon or whatever to me this is hilarious cause by now last year we probably had that conversation

Now ???? not worthy of a poll but NOW DOES ANYONE THINK the other lines with drouin etc.. wont get going? without tweaking changing cutting off a chickens head or some type of voodoo we try to do for stamkos

I actually had a really similar thought. We had no faith in last year's playoffs that Stamkos could provide enough secondary scoring because, well, most of the time, he didn't. His line was invisible in all but the NYR series and a game or two vs. MTL. Right now, our 2nd line looks ready to bust out. They rarely have a bad shift.

I really think part of this is because the Wings aren't obstructing us nearly as much as last year, so our skaters have more room to do what they do best. Last year was insane.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Mrazek is relying hugely on the butterfly style. You've got to disrupt his sense of anticipation and get traffic in front of the net, I think Vladdy is right but it doesn't ask us to totally change our playing style because we're a high scoring chance team. Just bother the **** out of Mrazek, don't let the man get comfortable.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Well the 2nd line had looked good so it's a matter of time and the 3rd line now has a playmaker/possession guy so they should also see some more offense and since there is no line matching tonight have to go with offense mentality can't use that shutdown first plan tonight .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad