GDT: 4/16/2013 Wild @ Oilers

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Eddy games. The NHL scheduled equivalent of the free space. What a laughable organization.

I do get a kick out of watching the Oilers forwards in their defensive zone, though. Defense must still be considered to be optional there. New regime and all.

Clark is still a disaster. Needs to be out of the line-up.

Of course all the meaningful games across the league to the Wild end in 3 point games. Such a mind-boggling stupid rule. Yep, on some nights games are worth a total of 2. BUT, on others they can be worth 3. Whaaat? The overtime process is fine, but all games should have the same, uniform, total points available.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Eddy games. The NHL scheduled equivalent of the free space. What a laughable organization.

I do get a kick out of watching the Oilers forwards in their defensive zone, though. Defense must still be considered to be optional there. New regime and all.

Clark is still a disaster. Needs to be out of the line-up.

Of course all the meaningful games across the league to the Wild end in 3 point games. Such a mind-boggling stupid rule. Yep, on some nights games are worth a total of 2. BUT, on others they can be worth 3. Whaaat? The overtime process is fine, but all games should have the same, uniform, total points available.

Exactly.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Is there anybody at all who doesn't like the 3-2-1-0 point system over the current? 3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for an OT win, 1 point for an OT loss, 0 points for a regulation loss.

Anyways, first and third lines looked great, second and fourth looked okay. Actually like Granlund on that fourth line and good for him to score his first real NHL goal. Top pairing was fantastic, Stoner had a good game, and the third pairing was frightening.

Only watched the first two periods as I needed sleep. So I'm not thrilled about the Wild sitting on their heels and letting the other team score late.

Also, wow did the Wild get out-muscled last night. I realize that they beat them on the score sheet, but they were getting drilled into the boards at every opportunity and not returning the favor. Just once I'd like to see the team step up and play physical. Although I suppose our wingers outside Coyle and Clutterbuck hate hitting and we don't have the energetic youth of a team like the Oilers.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Is there anybody at all who doesn't like the 3-2-1-0 point system over the current? 3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for an OT win, 1 point for an OT loss, 0 points for a regulation loss.

Anyways, first and third lines looked great, second and fourth looked okay. Actually like Granlund on that fourth line and good for him to score his first real NHL goal. Top pairing was fantastic, Stoner had a good game, and the third pairing was frightening.

Only watched the first two periods as I needed sleep. So I'm not thrilled about the Wild sitting on their heels and letting the other team score late.

Also, wow did the Wild get out-muscled last night. I realize that they beat them on the score sheet, but they were getting drilled into the boards at every opportunity and not returning the favor. Just once I'd like to see the team step up and play physical. Although I suppose our wingers outside Coyle and Clutterbuck hate hitting and we don't have the energetic youth of a team like the Oilers.

Coyle likes to hit? you wouldn't know it. Seto and even Heatley look more aggressive in that manner than him.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
JQYlX4q.jpg

Sorry.

love it!

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
2nd line has to step it up. 1st looked too much like a pure grinder line at times. Gotta have more offensive contribution from those lines against the Sharks. Not that they were bad but you won't win against tougher teams with such game. Nonetheless, great win and always nice to see different guys contributing.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Ask Matt Stajan and Artem Anisimov if Coyle likes to hit. He'd probably do a lot more of it if he weren't under such scrutiny.

He picks his spots well. And yes, i expect as he continues to get more comfortable he'll start throwing more hits but right now he's more passive than aggressive. He can obviously hit, but he doesn't often enough which is worse to me than say expecting Parise to be throwing hits. He'll ease into it though.

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
Coyle has continued to look better and better as this year has gone on. I think it's time to fit him out in the #3 and get that #63 gone.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I don't want Coyle to change his number. He signed my jersey and labelled it as #63.

I want to stay relevant, darnit!

Or I guess I could be a jersey hipster and say "Coyle signed my jersey before he was #3." That would be okay I suppose.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I don't want Coyle to change his number. He signed my jersey and labelled it as #63.

I want to stay relevant, darnit!

Or I guess I could be a jersey hipster and say "Coyle signed my jersey before he was #3." That would be okay I suppose.

O yea that will be much more valuable some day. Everyone will have that #3 signed apparel. It is like the rookie card of signatures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad