Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
166779173_slide.jpg

JQYlX4q.jpg

Sorry.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I would rather have Falk (what am I saying??) but Clark has been amazing when we have needed a smart dman. He proved it a couple times tonight too

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
God ****ing damn it, couldn't stay awake for this.

Anyways, good to see Coyle, Brodz, Parise and FBJ scoring!

However, I don't like how we've given up 2 late goals in the 3rd period lately.

Last edited:

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Clark needs to be yanked off this team immediately.

And please Yeo, don't play Spurgeon on the PK or in the final two minutes of a game when we are being pressured...

Decent game for the most part. Last 10 minutes were bs on our part, same as last night.

They need to pull the collective heads out of their collective arses and play a full 60 minutes+ from now on.

I am the only one who realizes whoever gets paired up with Spurgeon looks like absolute crap? Even Suter looked bad playing beside Spurgeon...

3571m2.jpg

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I dont get why Spurgeon and Gilbert have been so bad. Last year at the end of the year they were both workhorses and pretty decent.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Imo, Spurgeon has never been good. Decent at times, sure, but never good. If the opponent ever gets physical with him, he's screwed, and that's what's been happening all year.

Teams have figured out you can't give him any space, and he's weak as hell in just about every physical aspect. He makes Granlund look like a beast:shakehead

Gilbert I thought, has looked better the last couple games. I think he'll be fine, he just has been struggling for whatever reason. Stoner too, thankfully, oddly:confused:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Maybe it's the psychologist in me, but it is interesting how some of our better players last year have gone into hiding this season... Kyle Brodziak (although last night was a slight exception lol) and even Heatley. Spurgeon and Gilbert defensively. I have to wonder if the signings of Zach and Ryan (put Brodin in there, too) have sort of caused these players to mentally take more passive roles. In other words, they had to step up last season whereas now their roles are a bit different. Probably doesn't make sense but I'm going with it. lol

I woke up this morning so satisfied with our team right now. I just thought about how awful we could be feeling right now... imagine if we would have lost the last two games? We have stepped up big these last two games and on the road on top of it all. We have to keep it up, though. Who knows, the division title might still be reachable.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
Maybe it's the psychologist in me, but it is interesting how some of our better players last year have gone into hiding this season... Kyle Brodziak (although last night was a slight exception lol) and even Heatley. Spurgeon and Gilbert defensively. I have to wonder if the signings of Zach and Ryan (put Brodin in there, too) have sort of caused these players to mentally take more passive roles. In other words, they had to step up last season whereas now their roles are a bit different. Probably doesn't make sense but I'm going with it. lol

I woke up this morning so satisfied with our team right now. I just thought about how awful we could be feeling right now... imagine if we would have lost the last two games? We have stepped up big these last two games and on the road on top of it all. We have to keep it up, though. Who knows, the division title might still be reachable.

Spurgeon wasn't that great last year, either. I couldn't count the amount of pucks that got past him at the offensive blue line that killed any pressure the team was putting on the opposition. Ugh.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
For those wondering about standings in either a no shootout/ no overtime situation where all ties count 1 and there is no loser point or a 3 pts/ all games arrangement:

Northwest with no overtime and ties= 1 pt/each team:
Vancouver 50 pts in 43 games
Minnesota 44 pts in 43 games

Northwest with 3 pts/all games (3 pts for winning in regulation)
Vancouver 74 pts
Minnesota 68 pts

Actually, the Wild are 7-3 when the game goes beyond regulation this year, so the loser point rule is working for us. I still hate it, though.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
From Eddy's PGT: Lots of gems to be found.....

Just watched the final seconds of the broadcast. What the ***** that clown blutterduck was chirping about. He must have felt like a real tough guy. :D

As another poster pointed out, he waited until he could cower behind his entire team before running his mouth. That guy is almost as big a joke as their awful beat writer Michael Russo, who's clearly more fanboy than journalist. My hate for the Wild has surpassed even that of the Flames.

tumblr_m9fsgbnsYo1reko8lo1_250.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad