GDT: 4/16/2013 Wild @ Oilers

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
2u4hg1h.gif
@
k2zrlz.png

Minnesota Wild, 49 points, 6th in the Western Conference visits the Edmonton Oilers, 39 points, 12th in the Western Conference

Last 10 games:

Wild: 3-6-1

Oilers: 5-5-0, lost last 5 games​

Possible Wild lineup:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Zucker - Cullen - Seto
Bouchard - Brodziak - Pominville
Rupp - Mitchell - Clutter

Brodin – Suter
Clark – Spurgeon
Gilbert – Stoner

Bäckström
Kuemper

Players to watch​

The Wild:

261buqf.jpg

Mikko Koivu, 34 points. 1 G 2 A against Edmonton this season.

1zlaemo.jpg

Zach Parise, 34 points. 1 A against Edmonton this season.
Ryan Suter, 31 points. 2 A against Edmonton this season.

t69df6.jpg

Jason Pominville, 31 points. Has been on a roll lately.

The Oilers:

Taylor Hall, 41 points. No points against the Wild this season, pointless in the last five games.

Sam Gagner, 35 points. 1 G against the Wild this season.

Jordan Eberle, 28 points. 1 A against the Wild this season, pointless in the last five games.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, 22 points. No points against the Wild this season, pointless in the last five games.

Nail Yakupov, 23 points. No points against the Wild this season.​

Additional notes:

This is really a must-win game. If there are any hockey gods out there, let Koivu score or at least get a couple of assists. Please and thank you.

It worked last night, so I'm going to rinse and repeat what I said in the last GDT before the game.

The Oilers fired their GM yesterday and this is the first game they're playing under the new one. Whether the change will have an effect on their play remains to be seen. DUN DUN DUN​

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
The Oilers scare me some. They are cocky, and have some great young talent. But thankfully they are cocky, and are young. We should win this game, but I'm not the cocky sort myself. So I'm cautious.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
as i've said before Wild need at least a point here, two would be better. This team is dangerous because they can score 5 goals on you or they can look discombobulated out there.

I hope the Wild win, we need to start gaining some traction to not only make the playoffs but to play well going in.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
I think the Oilers realized that they still have a chance to compete for the #1 pick, that's why they're on a 5 game losing streak. Would be a shame if we were to interfere with their plans.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
pitbull-bud-light-o.gif

Party not stopping. 5-1 Win. Parise hat trick.
Granny plays and destroys Hall with an open ice hit. Brodin with a Gordie Howe hat trick.

Last edited:

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
6-3 Oilers. Frustrated by their losing streak and fired up after seeing the GM who drafted all of them (first overall lololol) canned, the Oil will come out with guns a-blazing against a very complacent Wild. "It's just the Oilers herp derp" is exactly what they can't be saying in the locker room tonight.

Giles Ferrell

#believeinyeo
Mar 24, 2013
Minnesota
Oilers will play some inspired hockey tonight. I hope for the Wild's sake, Kuemper gets the start. Backstrom was sharp last night, but after the last back to back (Backstrom was pulled minutes in against LA), I would rather Kuemper get the nod and give Backstrom a rest.

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
We need a W. That's all. It'd be nice to avoid the whole "Sky is falling!" posts throughout the first two periods, but I doubt that'll happen.

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
Guys need to come out with a strong 1st. Scoring first will be huge as usual, and we need to see inspired efforts once again from our big guns. Pominville with two big goals last night, and Cullen being reinserted into the lineup proves to be big. I think we'll see a win tonight and the boys playing hard. If we can pull another 2 big points out of this game, we should have a good chance of making the playoffs. Let's go boys!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
6-3 Oilers. Frustrated by their losing streak and fired up after seeing the GM who drafted all of them (first overall lololol) canned, the Oil will come out with guns a-blazing against a very complacent Wild. "It's just the Oilers herp derp" is exactly what they can't be saying in the locker room tonight.

I don't think we have to worry about the Wild being complacent. Not at this time of the year when points are at a premium.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
We need to throttle Hall into next week early in this game before he cheapshots someone. And considering how many players in our lineup are playing with hidden injuries, Hall's usual **** headed antics could take someone out for the rest of the year.

We also need to come out hard and get a decent lead early, because we will in all likelyhood be running on fumes by the third.

And please for the love pete start Kuemper.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
We need to throttle Hall into next week early in this game before he cheapshots someone. And considering how many players in our lineup are playing with hidden injuries, Hall's usual **** headed antics could take someone out for the rest of the year.

We also need to come out hard and get a decent lead early, because we will in all likelyhood be running on fumes by the third.

And please for the love pete start Kuemper.

I'm cool with that as long we don't incur a 5 min major as a result.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
What do you guys think about Vancouver/St Louis tonight and who we vote for? Have we given up on the division championship? Should we want the Blues to lose so we can position ourselves better, getting away from that 7th and 8th spot?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
What do you guys think about Vancouver/St Louis tonight and who we vote for? Have we given up on the division championship? Should be want the Blues to lose so we can position ourselves better, getting away from that 7th and 8th spot?

I'm pulling for Vancouver. The Division is pretty much out of reach, so I'd think we want that 6th seed.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
I'm pulling for Vancouver. The Division is pretty much out of reach, so I'd think we want that 6th seed.

Exactly how I feel. Keep the Blues behind us.

That said, I think the Wild spank the Oilers. Directionless team that just lost the GM = continued direction...less...ness... Or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad