GDT: 4/15/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Detroit VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think that's a fantasy, sadly. But it seems that Drouin has opened up space for some of our other forwards, and impressively so.

1-3 months. If we get closer to the "1" side, the possibility is there.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Get ready to drool:

17-9-86
18-91-27

Would be a sight to see, It's too bad Stamkos had to have that freak injury. Just some bad luck. Would be an amazing story to see them go far enough to get Stammer back.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think that's a fantasy, sadly. But it seems that Drouin has opened up space for some of our other forwards, and impressively so.

Don't think it
Will ever happen does not look like Stamkos and the Lightning can agree on a new deal. I can't see him coming back this playoffs.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Don't know if anyone mentioned this already from the broadcast but Johnson's 16 playoff goals puts him in 4th all-time for the franchise and 1 ahead of Stamkos(in 16 fewer games no less). Kucherov is not far behind with 14 now. Also Johnson tied VL4's record for most points in a playoff game

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Honestly, Ive been really satisfied with Filppula these last 2 games, even though I feel Names should be given a chance to shine outside of that 4th.

Seems like most of our forwards are fine playoff performers

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Don't know if anyone mentioned this already from the broadcast but Johnson's 16 playoff goals puts him in 4th all-time for the franchise and 1 ahead of Stamkos(in 16 fewer games no less). Kucherov is not far behind with 14 now. Also Johnson tied VL4's record for most points in a playoff game

It's pretty amazing he has done that in five and a half series.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Lost in all the Abdelkader drama was the Dekeyser hit on Palat. Any chance we see a hearing on that one? I feel like if we were still in the reg season we would, but i'm not sure about the playoffs.

Yeah especially when people are already making excuses like Palat ducking into it. :rolleyes:

Anyway time for this team to show some maturity and finish off this series early for once. Playing fewer games than last year is key.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
If we can get out of this in 5 that gives us a few days to rest.

I wouldn't be suprised if the FLA/NYI series goes 6/7 games. By then Stralman might be close. We have a good chance of beating either of them with or without Stralman.

Maybe, just maybe, if we can beat FLA/NYI that would put us at the month+ mark for Stamkos and they can start to see if it's a possibility that we can get him back.

We're gonna need him for Washington.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Last night finally settled it guys.

We're the dirtiest team in the league, by far. We employ the biggest goons in hockey, such as Brian Boyle and Cedric Paquette.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
For those of you on facebook, look at the trending topics and click on the Abdelkader attacks a lightning player. Read some of those posts. Detroit fans in the same line saying they don't think what he did was wrong while calling Yzermans organization classless because the PA guy played Broken Wings and Don't Stop Believin the past two nights.

What a double standard. Not to mention several saying Tampa Bay thuggery is what got Blunden hurt, "suck it," etc.

For the love of all things good, come out tomorrow and clip another wing and go up by 3.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Last night finally settled it guys.

We're the dirtiest team in the league, by far. We employ the biggest goons in hockey, such as Brian Boyle and Cedric Paquette.

Psh, those two got nothing on Jo Drouin and Nik Nesterov, those two are the biggest goons in the NHL by far. Oh and shame on Corburn and Callahan for going after poor, innocent Larkin. We're just a dirty team.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
drake-13.w529.h352.gif

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Psh, those two got nothing on Jo Drouin and Nik Nesterov, those two are the biggest goons in the NHL by far. Oh and shame on Corburn and Callahan for going after poor, innocent Larkin. We're just a dirty team.

But, but, but nobody remembers how nice the 2 DRW players wete in game 1. BOTH grabbing Coburn! Guess they were just being friendly! "Thats hockey, it happens."

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I swear, northern fans are a million times more ******** about getting beaten by us than any other team. It's glorious and wonderful. We exist to make them cry, and I love it. It's just hilarious that they hate our softest and smallest players for being better than their trash. Seriously why does everyone hate Johnson? He's just a good player who takes an unreal amount of uncalled for physicality just for being that good and making funny faces as far as I can tell.

Sad that a once classy organization like the Wings is now sinking to the level of teams like the Bruins.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
I swear, northern fans are a million times more ******** about getting beaten by us than any other team. It's glorious and wonderful. We exist to make them cry, and I love it. It's just hilarious that they hate our softest and smallest players for being better than their trash. Seriously why does everyone hate Johnson? He's just a good player who takes an unreal amount of uncalled for physicality just for being that good and making funny faces as far as I can tell.

Sad that a once classy organization like the Wings is now sinking to the level of teams like the Bruins.

Im almost certainly convinced its this.:laugh:

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
For those of you on facebook, look at the trending topics and click on the Abdelkader attacks a lightning player. Read some of those posts. Detroit fans in the same line saying they don't think what he did was wrong while calling Yzermans organization classless because the PA guy played Broken Wings and Don't Stop Believin the past two nights.

What a double standard. Not to mention several saying Tampa Bay thuggery is what got Blunden hurt, "suck it," etc.

For the love of all things good, come out tomorrow and clip another wing and go up by 3.

Just remember when you say "Wings fans" that's a generalization. I'm a die hard Wings fan, and I don't agree with what Abdelkader did. That was gutless, punching a guy repeatedly in a vulnerable position.

Anyways, I'm not here to make a scene. The game got out of hand because of officiating. You guys got a lengthy 5 on 3, then Datsyuk gets the only penalty after he loses a tooth. That made things escalate, and there were obvious make up calls going the Wings way after that. (That Boyle "penalty" on Ericsson was a joke. That was a hard hockey play.)

The Dekeyser hit on Palat was absolutely clean in my opinion though. Palat had his head down, and Dekeyser crunched him.

Drouin looks good. Hopefully Mrazek can be the savior from a Wings perspective, otherwise this is done in 4 or 5.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

You are spot on with this. Detroit played like the Bruins last night, and I can't stand the way the Bruins play. The Wings evidently can't beat Tampa on the scoreboard, so they rely on cheap shots to get even? Definitely not the reason I am a Wings fan at all. I was utterly disappointed with my team's effort last night.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I agree the officiating has not helped matters at all. They've let things get way out of hand with what they missed and what they called.

I hope it gets better for both teams. Last year's series was just as intense and physical and a lot more even without all the nonsense.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Just remember when you say "Wings fans" that's a generalization. I'm a die hard Wings fan, and I don't agree with what Abdelkader did. That was gutless, punching a guy repeatedly in a vulnerable position.

Anyways, I'm not here to make a scene. The game got out of hand because of officiating. You guys got a lengthy 5 on 3, then Datsyuk gets the only penalty after he loses a tooth. That made things escalate, and there were obvious make up calls going the Wings way after that. (That Boyle "penalty" on Ericsson was a joke. That was a hard hockey play.)

The Dekeyser hit on Palat was absolutely clean in my opinion though. Palat had his head down, and Dekeyser crunched him.

Drouin looks good. Hopefully Mrazek can be the savior from a Wings perspective, otherwise this is done in 4 or 5.
Oh I know there's plenty that didn't like what he did but since I didn't see any Tampa fans defending him that's why I said wings fans and that's a given. It was dirty and it boggles my mind, no matter if he's your guy or not, how you can defend somebody doing what he did.

Referees let it get out of hand when Stralman hit Little and they did nothing when Jets players were taking 30 foot runs. They did absolutely nothing and we, and they for that matter, we're lucky to only leave with Little being the only one hurt. I said it last night that if they didn't get it under control it would be another one of those games and it was almost at that level. Phantom calls and swallowing the whistle when it didn't need to be caused that.

Appreciate your honesty and I'd bet we see Mrazek next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad