GDT: 4/13 BOSTON BRUINS @ Carolina Hurricanes -Playoff Berth Edition 7PM NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I know Claude's hands are mostly tied with Marchand and Bergeron out but I haaaaate those lines. I like the idea of having the talent spread throughout the top-9 but I think they may be spread a bit too thin. Ah well.

Bergeron was out there for morning skate so that was awesome :) He'll be back soon and (almost) all will be well

Bruins33

Jul 24, 2012
Montreal
i think lines should look like this for now

Seguin Krejci Jagr
Caron Peverly Lucic
Horton Kelly Daugavin
Paille Campbell Thornton

Chara Hamilton
Boychuk Seidenberg
McQuaid Ference/Bartkowski

this is the way i think might motivate some of this lines until Bergy and Marchand comes back !!!

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Dougie Hamilton will indeed be a healthy scratch again tonight, but will be back in the lineup on Monday night.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
i think lines should look like this for now

Seguin Krejci Jagr
Caron Peverly Lucic
Horton Kelly Daugavin
Paille Campbell Thornton

Chara Hamilton
Boychuk Seidenberg
McQuaid Ference/Bartkowski

this is the way i think might motivate some of this lines until Bergy and Marchand comes back !!!

All kinds of possibilities, but if the B's are down a goal in the late stages of a game, I see no reason to keep Horton on DK's wing if he's doing nothing. Put Jagr or Seguin with DK.

Lucic Krejci Jagr (size, skill, puck control)
Paille Peverly Seguin (fast, clever, hard work)
Daugavins Kelly Horton (tenacity, smarts)
Caron Campbell Thornton (4th line)

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
BRUINS LINE-UP (Lines may change shift-by-shift)
Daniel Pie-Yay! | David Krejci | [Vacant]
[Vacant] | Gregory Campbell | MOTHER ****ING JAROMIR JAGR!
Jordan Caron | Christopher Kelly | The Franchise
Shawn Thornton | Richard Peverley | Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen

Zdeno Charizard | Johnny Cage
Hugo Stiglitz | Douglas Hamilton
Andrew Ferrets | Andrew McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
Anton Whodoughbin

Scratches: Matthew Bartkowski, Jay PanGodfo
Injuries: Patrice Bergeron-Cleary, Bradley Marchand
Purgatory: Calle Soderberg

Shouldn't that be Johnny Rocket and Darth Quaider?

Leslie Stahl - beyond funny....​

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
All kinds of possibilities, but if the B's are down a goal in the late stages of a game, I see no reason to keep Horton on DK's wing if he's doing nothing. Put Jagr or Seguin with DK.

Lucic Krejci Jagr (size, skill, puck control)
Paille Peverly Seguin (fast, clever, hard work)
Daugavins Kelly Horton (tenacity, smarts)
Caron Campbell Thornton (4th line)

Switch Woof Woof with Caron and that would be my ideal lines. If looch starts playing like he has been, switch him with Segs or Pie.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Can you all believe that we could be a week away from:

Lucic - Krejci - Jagr
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Soderberg - Kelly - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Peverley

Wow.

Andrew83

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
Dougie Hamilton will indeed be a healthy scratch again tonight, but will be back in the lineup on Monday night.

Does anyone know what the reason for scratching Hamilton has been? Could it be wanting to give Bartkowski an extended look to know what they can expect from him for the playoffs?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Does anyone know what the reason for scratching Hamilton has been? Could it be wanting to give Bartkowski an extended look to know what they can expect from him for the playoffs?

Just some rest. He's been playing since the OHL season started, which I think was September.

They wanted to give him some rest at other points, but they couldn't with injuries.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Milan Lucic was not part of either unit during power-play drills. Lucic was not on the power play on Thursday against the Islanders. Gregory Campbell and Jordan Caron served as the net-front men this morning.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Like everyone surmises, he could probably use the rest. He's played 71 games this season.

Fluto also had this:
@GlobeFluto: Think part of scratching Hamilton is keeping Seidenberg on right side. Boychuk and McQuaid other righties.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Yeah, no rush. Much more important to get Bergeron healthy than to win the division. Home ice in the playoffs hasn't been much of an advantage recently in the NHL.

Agree. Let Bergy get back to 100%, and I like the B's as a 4th seed underdog this year.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I know Claude's hands are mostly tied with Marchand and Bergeron out but I haaaaate those lines. I like the idea of having the talent spread throughout the top-9 but I think they may be spread a bit too thin. Ah well.

Bergeron was out there for morning skate so that was awesome :) He'll be back soon and (almost) all will be well

The talent is spread wayyy to thin.

Lucic-Krecji-Jagr
Horton-Kelly-Seguin

Should be in your top 6. That part is easy (should be easy, but Clode struggles with it)

Paille-Peverly-Caron
Dogman-Soup-Thorts

All these guys are bottom 6 players or in Peverlys case is playing like a bottom 6 player.

You can tweak those two groups of 6 within themselves, but you need to have a top 6 and a bottom 6.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

It won't matter today because we are playing a ****** team with even ****tier goaltending.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I like Pie but don't like Pie with Krejci.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Just read an article about this. It is about giving Dougie rest because he has played either in juniors, junior World Cup, or NHL since August. It has nothing to do with poor play but just prep for playoffs.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Don't know about you guys but I'd like to see Redden in for a game....over Ference or Bartkowski (normally I'd say for Bartkowski but really liked his speen puck movement vs. NYI). Not that I think he belongs in our top 6 but he's gotta get a couple in before playoffs just in case he's called to the forefront.

Any chance he's in tonight?

David Krejci*

Milan Lucic was not part of either unit during power-play drills. Lucic was not on the power play on Thursday against the Islanders. Gregory Campbell and Jordan Caron served as the net-front men this morning.

Campbell's earned his powerplay time as far as I'm concerned. That was a great look on Seguin's goal the other night. He and Paille have really stepped up their game, playing with players they usually don't play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad