Pre-Game Talk: 4/12/14 final home game: Jackets are required....

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
IMO I think Edmonton (short of winning the lottery which c'mon, good chance of that) will do everything in their power to ensure they get Ekblad. No one in the top 3 needs a D more (you could argue Buffalo needs him but they'll take anything). EDM is desperate for defensemen.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
IMO I think Edmonton (short of winning the lottery which c'mon, good chance of that) will do everything in their power to ensure they get Ekblad. No one in the top 3 needs a D more (you could argue Buffalo needs him but they'll take anything). EDM is desperate for defensemen.

Sounds good. If they give us Eberle+their pick we'll do it.

I don't think Buffalo is going to trade their pick if theu retain #1.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

There were some rumours (can't remember who it was atm) that Edmonton would trade their pick if Ekblad is gone for a top defensive prospect. I think it was Reinhart from the Isles.. so the Isles could get back 1st round pick they lost in the trade.

Not sure how credible the rumour was but anyway a pretty decent suggestion and would benefit both Edmonton and the Isles.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
There were some rumours (can't remember who it was atm) that Edmonton would trade their pick if Ekblad is gone for a top defensive prospect. I think it was Reinhart from the Isles.. so the Isles could get back 1st round pick they lost in the trade.

Not sure how credible the rumour was but anyway a pretty decent suggestion and would benefit both Edmonton and the Isles.
It was just Craig Button speculating.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
They really need help at center as much as on defense. They will probably take Draisaitl. They really need a big center. They have loaded up on wingers and mostly neglected up the middle(C and D). A lot of their fans want him too. RNH is small and soft and after him they really don't have much for the future.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
lol
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 3m
Panthers D Ed Jovanovski was fined $5,000 for elbowing Blue Jackets F Corey Tropp in the head last night. Jovo was ejected. #flapanthers

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I don't give a rat a$$ who the hell we pick just as long as we pick for once the right one. I cringe every time we contemplate picking a D-man so high, so far not one has pan out for us.

We can discuss who we will pick till' we are blue in the face. None of us have any idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad