GDT: 4/10/19 - 7:00PM EDT - #2WC Columbus VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It’s not just being down 1-0 it’s how we lost ! If we would have lost 5-0 I’d probably actually feel better about the loss
And that's fine, but it's still one loss. This team has had bad games this season. Almost every game vs the Flyers. The Coyotes game. The Sens game.

Gave up leads to worse teams than the BJs.

I know it's the playoffs and it's different, but it's still just one game.

I'm not saying we should be pleased with questionable ice time distribution, or questionable decisions on who's playing over who, or the effort of the team after the first period. We should be disappointed.

But I see quite a few folks trying to say that this is a sign of something more than it is. I just think it's ridiculous.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
This is the only correct answer.

Also, have we figured out if Macho wore his Hedman jersey for this game?
I forgot to mention that the capitals game we won that macho wore his unlucky 77 jersey and I attended may have been out-weighted by my gfs luck of going to a sporting event and teams she roots for have never lost. So case in point Macho burn that jersey to ashes.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I'm not sure what having a meltdown is doing for you.

We lost a game. It happens. CBJ beat Washington in the first two games last year, and, of course, we all know Washington sputtered out and choked because of it, embarrassed beyond belief.

Meltdown :laugh::laugh:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It’s not just being down 1-0 it’s how we lost ! If we would have lost 5-0 I’d probably actually feel better about the loss

Yea I think most people are just upset with how we lost, not that we lost. Very frustrating, but I agree with many that say it's one game and we have lost game 1s before. Just not like that. I think we will be fine. Just hoping that was a wake up call for them. I'm expecting a full 60 min game tomorrow.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The problem is the coach couldn't get this team fired up after giving up a 2 goal lead. Then they tie and they still were not motivated to play hockey. I hope this is a one game issue, but the coaching and leadership need to motivate this team. I love that the CBJ play with the intensity and fire like their coach even when down 3-0.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Holy f*** we hit 40 pages over this? Did I miss anything good?

Yeah..... We f***ed up. We got cocky. We got arrogant. FFS look on the bright side. If someone said "Hey Sunny... Guess what? Mwahahaha! The Lightning are gonna lose a game choking a 3-0 lead... Mwahahahaha!!!!"

Wanna know my response?

"Please tell me it happened in our very first game" or I'd be a smart ass and say "omg the Flyers made the playoffs?"

Mistakes are to learn from. If we win the Cup we can all one day ask our boys what a wake-up call this one was. Yeah this was a BAD loss. One I deem unacceptable. But luckily for everyone it happened in game 1.

Let's move along with the common sense that this team was never infallible

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Yea I think most people are just upset with how we lost, not that we lost. Very frustrating, but I agree with many that say it's one game and we have lost game 1s before. Just not like that. I think we will be fine. Just hoping that was a wake up call for them. I'm expecting a full 60 min game tomorrow.

Sure would be nice to quit digging these holes, though. The whole point of regular season success is to have home-ice advantage, and year after year we immediately squander it away. Seven losses in nine home series openers since 2014. Wtf, man? This keeps happening.

Reactions: Hoek

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Sure would be nice to quit digging these holes, though. The whole point of regular season success is to have home-ice advantage, and year after year we immediately squander it away. Seven losses in nine home series openers since 2014. Wtf, man? This keeps happening.
Bingo. But you and I are melting down staying the obvious.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Okay, I've re-watched the game (as I promised) and after the first period, ugh; or to quote our friend, ruh-roh:

1. Palat - Sucks. Bench him or put him on the 4th line; at this point I would prefer Cally there on the 4th line and Palat in the press box.
2. Joseph - Move up with the Cirelli-Killer line. They played great except for one bonehead Killer play which happens every game.
3. Miller - Upon further review, I was wrong. He would compliment the Johnson-Stammer line.
4. WTF - Bench Rutta. Assign Coburn as Serge's babysitter. Serge makes great plays, but he does stupid things at our own blue line and at center ice. Coburn is a better pairing at 5D.
5. Callahan - If Palat continues to suck, replace asap. A Cally-Dump Truck - Hippo Line would be fun again and insane.
6. Vasy - Take access to all media away from him and tell him in Russian he sucks. Two of those goals were relatively soft and on him, IMHO. Great goalies do not give up bullcrap goals in the freaking playoffs. Tell him Playoff Bob is using his cats as target practice or something.

To those who I wronged last nigth who are Bolts fans, well, screw me, I apologize.

To Columbus fans, you still suck giant hairy ones and we will this series unless Cooper keeps his head up his ass.

See you here tomorrow night.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
giphy.gif

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I thought the curse was broken...

Hey it's one game I can forgive and forget all about it. I mean seriously. If you're gonna mess up like that it might as well be game 1. You live and learn. But if you wear it in game 7 of the SCF and we lose I can't promise you're not gonna watch our loss in between highlights of Hogan hotdogging while looking like an actual hotdog covered in ketchup and mustard like it's Clockwork Orange

Reactions: Hoek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad