GDT: 4/10/19 - 7:00PM EDT - #2WC Columbus VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
No one is losing their shit except the people who can't handle people dissecting a loss. Good grief. Get back to the top of the pyramid.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Personally I wonder of the pressure on your team will not be too much to handle. Ive watched it over and over and seen its handy work. I think having such a great regular season makes it unbelievably hard.
Yes, it's hard also because the expectations of many fans are very high.
Quite absurd, to be honest.
In the playoffs, the music changes and it's impossible not to have any problems. In the post season, the team who is better to fight and to defeat the adversities, win the Cup.
It's absurd to think that a PO series is easy. "4-0...easy sweep..." is right only after the series, not before.
I mean: we've to be patient and to think game after game. Without looking neither at the past nor, in particular, at the future.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
In the playoffs, the music changes and it's impossible not to have any problems. In the post season, the team who is better to fight and to defeat the adversities, win the Cup.
It's absurd to think that a PO series is easy. "4-0...easy sweep..." is right only after the series, not before.
I mean: we've to be patient and to think game after game. Without looking neither at the past nor, in particular, at the future.

Expecting a team that won 62 games to not shit the bed for 40 mins in Game 1 at home? ABSURD.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I think the thing that people have the hardest time with is that playoff hockey is a different game than the regular season. The game is bigger and fought in different spots on the ice. Also the 2-2-1-1-1 format makes it so much easier to come back from being down big in a series. Also. Are 4 overtime wins in a row easy? Um...nah

Reactions: Fabiobest

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I think the thing that people have the hardest time with is that playoff hockey is a different game than the regular season. The game is bigger and fought in different spots on the ice. Also the 2-2-1-1-1 format makes it so much easier to come back from being down big in a series. Also. Are 4 overtime wins in a row easy? Um...nah
I totally agree with you!!!

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
"They've shit the bed before so just let all terrible efforts and analyses of what goes wrong til eternity slide". Or we could just call it what it is.

Which begs the question why you're still hovering in this Game 1 thread if you want to ignore what happened and move on?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
"They've **** the bed before so just let all terrible efforts and analyses of what goes wrong til eternity slide". Or we could just call it what it is.

Which begs the question why you're still hovering in this Game 1 thread if you want to ignore what happened and move on?

Here's food for thought, you can discuss game 1 and still have a positive outlook.

Crazy, I know.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Here's food for thought, you can discuss game 1 and still have a positive outlook.

Crazy, I know.

I still have us winning in 5. But I don't know why anyone would expect the thread of the worst game of the season to not be full of criticism after the fact.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017

Crazy, I know.
You'd honest to god think that W counted as 3 for Columbus and we're on the verge of elimination.

Hedman was trash, McD wasn't great, we're missing Stralman, big stars weren't a factor and we still had the game in our hands with 10 to play. Kucherov's ping shot goes in and we're talking a different game. Stamkos gets a tiny bit more air on his chance at the end of the second, we're talking a different game. If Cirelli gets that backhand pass clean to Killorn, we're talking a different game.

For as bad as that game was, they still had 3-4 goals not on the board because of bad puck luck.

You can take the loss 1 of 2 ways. Treat it as an isolated incident (and understand you can still criticize the effort/gameplan while not screaming to the heavens) and wait to have a mental breakdown over it or just completely freak out now.

I know which I'll pick.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
You'd honest to god think that W counted as 3 for Columbus and we're on the verge of elimination.

Hedman was trash, McD wasn't great, we're missing Stralman, big stars weren't a factor and we still had the game in our hands with 10 to play. Kucherov's ping shot goes in and we're talking a different game. Stamkos gets a tiny bit more air on his chance at the end of the second, we're talking a different game. If Cirelli gets that backhand pass clean to Killorn, we're talking a different game.

For as bad as that game was, they still had 3-4 goals not on the board because of bad puck luck.

You can take the loss 1 of 2 ways. Treat it as an isolated incident (and understand you can still criticize the effort/gameplan while not screaming to the heavens) and wait to have a mental breakdown over it or just completely freak out now.

I know which I'll pick.
I am going to sleep and not getting up until 5 minutes before opening face off tomorrow night. :)

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011

I know which I'll pick.

Who is freaking out? We got outcoached, everyone aside from our 3rd and 4th lines played like crap, the late PP looked awful (which was compounded by Killorn's penalty), we missed a ton of great chances to put the game away, and Bobs stood on his head for 40. And we still barely lost. That still doesn't mean the bad play/coaching isn't worth discussing. Aside from me picking apart Cooper's lineup/TOI decisions, a few players that were unquestionably off, and getting into a Trotz/Cooper debate...I don't know what you're so offended by. And if it wasn't me, as far as I can tell most other critical posters were doing about the same (aside from a few very sparse "the sky is falling" mentions...which may or may not have been satirical).

Last edited:

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
We should have pulled Vasy after Columbus scored in the second. Waiting until the end of the third when we were already behind was madness.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
That’s always been one of biggest complaints with Cooper. Everyone in the building can see when the team is simply going through the motions like last night but he never attempts to break the other team’s momentum and provide a wake up call with a well timed timeout. Last night was a perfect example of the team needing one after the 2nd Columbus goal. He should’ve called timeout and sternly reminded them the game wasn’t won yet.

Instead he stands there staring blankly chewing his gum.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
"They've **** the bed before so just let all terrible efforts and analyses of what goes wrong til eternity slide". Or we could just call it what it is.

Only doomsday preppers are allowed to discuss game 1?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I'm not sure what having a meltdown is doing for you.

We lost a game. It happens. CBJ beat Washington in the first two games last year, and, of course, we all know Washington sputtered out and choked because of it, embarrassed beyond belief.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Can't people wait until we're down 2 games or facing elimination before they lose their f'n minds?

I'm as much as a glass half empty guy as there is, but holy **** some of the stuff here is borderline unbelievable.

It was an ugly loss. Embarrassing. Disappointing.

But it was only one loss. It doesn't count for more because of the circumstances. Wait until there's a reason to lose your **** before doing it.
It’s not just being down 1-0 it’s how we lost ! If we would have lost 5-0 I’d probably actually feel better about the loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad