wiCvcwG.png

csyO6a9.png

6aEUMtF.png

3JukofU.png

BLqwEfN.png

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Merry Christmas! Rutta over Coburn is mind boggling. Totally disagree with that pairing. Coburn has 132 games of playoff exp. Jan Rutta? ZERO. WTF.

Last edited:

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Merry Christmas! Rutta over Coburn is mind boggling. Totally disagree with that pairing. Coburn has 132 games of playoff exp. WTF.

I'm wondering if that is what we'll actually see as the pairings.

If there's a morning skate (might be optional) we may know more. I agree that Coburn does NOT deserve to be sitting. Not just because of his playoff experience, but because he seems to be the best partner for Sergachev.

:dunno:

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Rutta over Coburn makes no sense. Coburn can handle being on the right side and has always been good for us in the playoffs. Well, maybe Rutta will get burned a few times and Cooper will realize that by the time the 2nd round starts.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

If there's a morning skate (might be optional) we may know more. I agree that Coburn does NOT deserve to be sitting. Not just because of his playoff experience, but because he seems to be the best partner for Sergachev.

Hopefully Coop is just trolling the media.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

Rutta with ZERO playoff exp. Uh, no thanks. Has anyone heard anything?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Rutta over Coburn makes no sense. Coburn can handle being on the right side and has always been good for us in the playoffs. Well, maybe Rutta will get burned a few times and Cooper will realize that by the time the 2nd round starts.

Cooper. He's our man!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Doesn't matter who's on the 3rd pairing, I expect the first two pairings to be out there 50 minutes this game.

Sergachev-Rutta sounds like a disaster about to happen though.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Oh man, I am going to get shyte done at work today. Can't concentrate. Clock is running slowwww
No mercy tonight (although I expect them to be rusty and we'll be down going into the 3rd) but then, then... Nooo mercyyyyyy

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
F it. Pull the goalie and play 6 on 5 . we got this round in the bag. Rutta or his sister it won't matter. we cover the spread by 8. oops Wrong thread

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I’m not crazy about benching Coburn either, of that’s what happens. But I am curious about the pairing.

1) Maybe the Lightning have liked what they’ve seen from Serge playing the left side. It is MUCH easier to clear the defensive zone with your primary hand.

2) I think Rutta has looked decent. How will he hold up in the playoffs?

I’m willing to keep an open mind. If it blows up or costs the Lightning a game Coop is accountable.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wouldn't bank on Coburn being scratched until we see the morning skate. And, even if we do, it might turn out he's a little banged up. Even though these are the playoffs (finally), it's game one, and I think we're planning for the long haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad