#76 Skjei|#4 Clendening

Starting Goaltender
#30 Lundqvist

L G R W :wings

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We are undefeated so far when I make the GDT guys, just sayin' ;)

Serious note-- thanks for getting one up early today!

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I know OP said they're potentially not accurate, but that second defensive pairing would give up a lot of breakaways.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Been a while that we got us two points at MSG. Let's hope that our guys show up from start to finish tonite. LGRW.

Last edited:

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I know OP said they're potentially not accurate, but that second defensive pairing would give up a lot of breakaways.

To be honest NJX. I was expecting this move.

According to my scores:

XO and Ericsson have been playing well on the 3rd pairing. Especially XO. He has quietly made almost no mistakes in 3 games. Now is that because he is on the 3rd pairing playing vs no one particularily good? Probable. But he has earned a move up to the 2nd pairing...

Especially considering how poorly Smith/Marchenko have been playing.

If Smith has another Bad Night, and Ericsson another good night....

Be prepared to see Ericsson XO as the 2nd pair

I can say the D-pairings tinkering this year, goes exactly hand in hand with the scores I have had for our D men each game!!

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
To be honest NJX. I was expecting this move.

According to my scores:

XO and Ericsson have been playing well on the 3rd pairing. Especially XO. He has quietly made almost no mistakes in 3 games. Now is that because he is on the 3rd pairing playing vs no one particularily good? Probable. But he has earned a move up to the 2nd pairing...

Especially considering how poorly Smith/Marchenko have been playing.

If Smith has another Bad Night, and Ericsson another good night....

Be prepared to see Ericsson XO as the 2nd pair

I can say the D-pairings tinkering this year, goes exactly hand in hand with the scores I have had for our D men each game!!

I think E has looked a lot better, though I really think that's because he's finally been playing where he should've been playing all along (i.e. not on the top pair). I get that, when you're as talent bereft as we are at the position, some guys are going to have to play over their heads, but I hope the tinkering doesn't get too silly. And while XO may not be making a lot of mistakes per se, I think that's partly due to his inability to be in the play enough to make a mistake. He was, in the Ottawa game, just another guy out there, and I'm not sure that any other warm body with skates on couldn't have played the role the same way. That said, I'm going to try to score the game out again - if nothing else, it pushed me to focus on what the guys were actually doing, instead of just what I thought they were doing.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Just coming in to say that these are our starting D pairings tonight:

McDonagh-Holden
Staal-Klein
Skjei-Clendening

Per AV like...10 seconds ago.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Been a while that we got us two points at MDS. Let's hope that our guys show up from start to finish tonite. LGRW.

NYR's number 1 is better than Dekeyser but I like our 2-6 more than the Ranger's 2-6 with the asterisk that I haven't seen much of Skjei.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
NYR's number 1 is better than Dekeyser but I like our 2-6 more than the Ranger's 2-6 with the asterisk that I haven't seen much of Skjei.

Klein is better than Smith, Ouellet, Ericsson, Marchenko by a pretty big gap. Could make an argument he's on the same level as Dekeyser. Not a fan of the rest of them.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
So after a much improved performance Monday night, would like to see the same again tonight. I don't hold out much hope for the season, but that game got me excited again dammit.

Also getting a chance to see which Jimmy Howard we got this season....

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
If we want to make the playoffs, we cannot afford to take games off against the relatively weaker teams on the schedule.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Klein is better than Smith, Ouellet, Ericsson, Marchenko by a pretty big gap. Could make an argument he's on the same level as Dekeyser. Not a fan of the rest of them.

Not really. DeKeyser is clearly a tier ahead of Klein.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

Yea I do like Klein, always felt he was underrated. But as an entire group I think our 2-6 is as good or better than theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA