GDT: 4/1/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Eh there really hasnt been too much to complain about this season. I think when we can really ***** about something going on with this team is if/when they get knocked out of the playoffs. They really have for the most part played fantastic hockey. Even when they havent looked particularly great they have won games. There is probably something that can be said about that but you know what? They really are a team that is waiting for the playoffs. For me, Im refraining from real judgement until after this playoffs is done. The Regular season importance waived bye bye to me a long time ago. Like I said earlier, Ive been saying is it playoffs yet since January.

The slow starts have been an issue for a while. It's been a great regular season for sure. One for the ages. I've been all about the cup since day 1 and that's really all that matters. This team is one of the best assembled on paper in a long long time. Gotta take advantage of these opportunities when they are given to you. While the Wash game meant nothing in the standings...there's a psychological element to it. I am sure some will disagree but that team gives us fits and they just kill us with puck possession. Cooper hasn't adjusted, yet. Maybe he is saving it for the playoffs.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The slow starts have been an issue for a while. It's been a great regular season for sure. One for the ages. I've been all about the cup since day 1 and that's really all that matters. This team is one of the best assembled on paper in a long long time. Gotta take advantage of these opportunities when they are given to you. While the Wash game meant nothing in the standings...there's a psychological element to it. I am sure some will disagree but that team gives us fits and they just kill us with puck possession. Cooper hasn't adjusted, yet. Maybe he is saving it for the playoffs.

Who knows? Last year we looked like dog crap going into the playoffs and then looked like we flipped the switch when we played NJ and Bos. Totally different teams. I know that you dont like the switch thing but these games are truly meaningless at the end of the season here. Its all about staying healthy for this team now. Winning means absolutely nothing. Its all about Playoffs and all Im thinking about. Im sure its even more so for the team.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Literally, wtf does Palat need to do to get removed from the first line?

Miller-Stamkos-Joseph
Johnson-Point-Kucherov
Palat-Cirelli-Killorn/Gourde
Killorn/Gourde-Paquette-Erne

That defense is ugly without Hedman and Stralman.

Reactions: rangerrat

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I wanna see Stamkos hit 100 points this season. Hopefully he picks up some big points with Kucherov
Wish list for me for the rest of the season:

Win last 4 games and set the record for most wins in regular season in history.
Get Kuch 5 more assists and 1 more goal, minimum
Get Stammer 7 or more points so he breaks 100
Get Pointer 10 or more points so he breaks 100

Lofty, sure, but all can be done... who says we've got nothing to play for??

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
G
How's Gaunce compared to Rutta?

Gaunce is more defensively minded and consistent. A Gaunce - Rutta pairing would be one of the best defensive pairing in the entire AHL. Someone correct me if wrong but Gaunce was top pairing defenseman on the AHL Cup winning team with Cleveland (I think). So veteran guy with experience...should prove to be serviceable. They should be adequate against Ottawa’s bottom forward lines. Groulx shuffles all forward lines and defensive pairings a lot so both know the system and can jump in and play with anyone.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
G

Gaunce is more defensively minded and consistent. A Gaunce - Rutta pairing would be one of the best defensive pairing in the entire AHL. Someone correct me if wrong but Gaunce was top pairing defenseman on the AHL Cup winning team with Cleveland (I think). So veteran guy with experience...should prove to be serviceable. They should be adequate against Ottawa’s bottom forward lines. Groulx shuffles all forward lines and defensive pairings a lot so both know the system and can jump in and play with anyone.
Pretty much this but I think Gaunce is the better overall defensemen. He’s just not a right handed shot with size like Rutta is.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
A Gaunce - Rutta pairing would be one of the worst defensive pairing in the entire NHL

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We're facing the team with the least amount of wins & points in the league. Our d group should be fine for tonight. If not than we have bigger issues than who the 5th and 6th dmen are.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Man I was really hoping to see Stralman play in these last 4 games before playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad