8bNQGPZ.png

xaEJ4ov.png

16TUD9v.png

DQY29L7.png

Reactions: Sk8M8

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Cooper was spot on in that quote. Vasy hasn't looked great, team has been sloppy and lazy and taking lots of penalties.

I'd kind of like them to play Domingue B2B and give him OTT and MTL to get Vasy a break.

The only thing I hope for out of this game is Kuch getting some stat padding and the team staying healthy.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Cooper was spot on in that quote. Vasy hasn't looked great, team has been sloppy and lazy and taking lots of penalties.

I'd kind of like them to play Domingue B2B and give him OTT and MTL to get Vasy a break.

The only thing I hope for out of this game is Kuch getting some stat padding and the team staying healthy.

We haven't been sharp at all lately. Might as well rest some guys and flip the switch next week. That Caps game was embarrassing.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Not sure I agree with this. Our boys all just had some rest and we saw the result of that in the Caps game. We need to play everyone and get in a groove going into the playoffs.

But they have nothing to play for...they are just going through the motions. Why risk injury if they aren;t going to try to win?

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
But they have nothing to play for...they are just going through the motions. Why risk injury if they aren;t going to try to win?
Obviously we still try to win.. and break the record for all time wins in a season...still within our grasp. However, I mainly was speaking to your post about us not being sharp and you are correct. We have not been sharp and, in my opinion, resting our boys more than the break they just got is not going to make us any more sharp. We need everyone to play and play well. Get into a groove. Get sharp. I just don't think sitting anyone is going to make us better for the playoffs. I think, maybe, a lot of President's Trophy winners of the past made the mistake of "resting" players leading in to the playoffs and it might be why so many of the PT winners fail to win the cup. Not preparing properly for the playoff run. Too much rest seems to affect our boys a lot more negatively than possible fatigue.

Reactions: StaySalty

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Come on Kuch! Get them records!

5 more points to tie Mogilny (Russian single season point record)
4 more assists to tie Jagr (winger / European single season assist record)
(1 more goal to become the 3rd Lightning player this season to break the 40 goal mark)

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Obviously we still try to win.. and break the record for all time wins in a season...still within our grasp. However, I mainly was speaking to your post about us not being sharp and you are correct. We have not been sharp and, in my opinion, resting our boys more than the break they just got is not going to make us any more sharp. We need everyone to play and play well. Get into a groove. Get sharp. I just don't think sitting anyone is going to make us better for the playoffs. I think, maybe, a lot of President's Trophy winners of the past made the mistake of "resting" players leading in to the playoffs and it might be why so many of the PT winners fail to win the cup. Not preparing properly for the playoff run. Too much rest seems to affect our boys a lot more negatively than possible fatigue.

I have no problem with your post. WHat I can't stand is using the nothing to play for excuse when we play poorly. I agree we should be humming going into the playoffs. Not "bored".

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
We haven't been sharp at all lately. Might as well rest some guys and flip the switch next week. That Caps game was embarrassing.
1st bold agree, 2nd bold disagree.

It sucks that it was against the Caps, but I think most people expected (and they should have if they didn't) a slow start after such a long break. Once they got their legs under them, the play evened out, but they were too far behind to do anything about it really.

Definitely areas of concern being like a week and some days out from the playoffs, but I wouldn't be too concerned by that one game. If they dog it through the rest of the RS though, yeah. That's an issue.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I'm not a big excuse guy...long lay off...nothing to play for...we will agree to disagree. You don't get to pick portions of a game and say well, from here on out we played well. It's a whole game and the whole thing counts. It was an embarrassment especially for who it was and after that 58 shot game. Vasy did not stand on his head again and they put up a TD at our house...last game of the year...fan appreciation night.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Not sure Hedman will be on the upcoming trip. Probably expecting another call up. Wonder who could come up maybe masin?!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'm not a big excuse guy...long lay off...nothing to play for...we will agree to disagree. You don't get to pick portions of a game and say well, from here on out we played well. It's a whole game and the whole thing counts. It was an embarrassment especially for who it was and after that 58 shot game. Vasy did not stand on his head again and they put up a TD at our house...last game of the year...fan appreciation night.

Eh there really hasnt been too much to complain about this season. I think when we can really bitch about something going on with this team is if/when they get knocked out of the playoffs. They really have for the most part played fantastic hockey. Even when they havent looked particularly great they have won games. There is probably something that can be said about that but you know what? They really are a team that is waiting for the playoffs. For me, Im refraining from real judgement until after this playoffs is done. The Regular season importance waived bye bye to me a long time ago. Like I said earlier, Ive been saying is it playoffs yet since January.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00