GDT: #4 – Sabres at Hurricanes – Tue Oct 14, 7:30PM ET – NBCSN – WGR

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It is only one game but...... Pretty horrible lines there, Teddy

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
I think Ted is in on the tank. Please do not ruin Reinhart by putting him on the 4th line with few minutes. Send him back to jumior if that ismyour plan.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Reinhart and Zads need to be sent down immediately. Right after this game please. Don't destroy these kids morale Teddy.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Almost sat Risto? Put Reinhart on the 4th line? Oh, Murray's going to be pissed.

That's what I'm saying. Does Teddy not realize how bad Benwah has been playing? Like really you must be blind. Dude took 2 first period penalties yesterday for crying out loud.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Does nobody seem to feel the need to ask Teddy why the hell Zads is still up?

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Does nobody seem to feel the need to ask Teddy why the hell Zads is still up?

Nah, he gives them a bunch of great quotes for their stories, they're not going to press him for real answers as long as that's going on.

Our media is terrible.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Almost sat Risto? Put Reinhart on the 4th line? Oh, Murray's going to be pissed.

I have a sinking feeling there's a Titanic (not Morris) joke in here...

Off topic: Ironically, had the Titanic hit the iceberg head-on, the damage would've been much more compartmentalized instead of distributed about the ship which is what the watertight doors were meant to handle, and thus the ship likely would not have sank.

On topic: Hating Reinhart on the fourth line unless there's something Ted knows that we don't. Really hoping that's the case.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Nah, he gives them a bunch of great quotes for their stories, they're not going to press him for real answers as long as that's going on.

Our media is terrible.

Bucky Gleason is too busy agreeing with Trump about how bad Pegula is to ask.

:shakehead

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Okay, now i am legitimately worried about the potential to ruin Reinhardt's development. Fine, play him fourth line tonight, give him second line the next game, and then send him down to Juniors to apply what he has learned/experienced.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Risto was terrible last night along with Weber but mez and Benoit were even worse, I would have picked one from each of pairing and sat them one game, Risto and Mez just to let them watch the game from a different perspective.
Reinhart on the 4th line for one game is not the end of the world, it allows him to work on his game in a lesser environment while also shaking up the roster. If he is still on the 4th line In 7 days then we can speak up.
Zads seems to be here because they don't want to send him back to juniors yet, he gets to practice with an NHL team (debateable) and watch the game from a place he hasn't watched in years. My guess is once Pysyk is healthy they send Pysyk down for a conditioning stint and then when that is over Zads goes back to Junior.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Does anyone else remember what a winning season feels like? I don't... I am excited to get a hand on McEichel, but at what cost? At what cost? :cry:

No need for all the drama. The cost is another season where we see a few younger guys develop, and yet we still lose more than we win. And the Sabres get a top 3 pick in 2015. If you want something different you may want to unplug and make it a point in watching another team this season. Reinhart will not be ruined. Ristolainen will not be ruined. Girgensons will not be ruined. Grigorenko will not be ruined. The "ruined" tag is so overdone and obnoxious. Not to mention way way premature.

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
a loss tonight and the most relaxing season in years is underway

Sure, if you buy into the 'as long as we just get McEichel we'll be fine' thinking, have at it. I find that line of thinking to be painfully naive myself. I don't give a **** about Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel, right now the team needs to develop the players we actually have. And no, playing the game at AHL pace and not ever having the puck is not developing the pieces we already have.

Apparently now we are setting up to give Sam Reinhart the Grigorenko treatment and seems like Nolan is ready to bail on Ristolainen as well. At the VERY BEST we are throwing away a year of development if this continues, but more likely we are actually holding players back. Relaxing indeed.

Anyway, I realize this probably need to go in some sort of anti tank thread or something. I will hope for the Sabres to show something approaching NHL hockey tonight and I'll leave it at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00