Prospect Info: 3rd Overall Pick. Stutzle vs Byfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Could be. Lots of time till we know for sure. I am not going to sweat it either way

I can add that in 100% of the NHL drafts I've worked, the coaches have had 0% input

Simmer speaking from experiecnce. i mean why would stutzle be so certain (alledgedly) that he was going to be a king if it was just "assistant coaches have no sway" yeah Sturm might like him, that doesnt mean the rest of the team does not

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It absolutely is. People aren’t giving false and fake scouting reports on a guy based on his skin colour, a guy in the top 3 no less.
Oh I see. Well. A I don’t underestimate some people. B. That one scouting list where everyone had their gear on and it was in play picture for each player and then for byfield it was like an up close picture off the ice no gear. And they had him third and basically ripped him apart for the entire scouting report. I was like ehh whats reaaallly behind this

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Basing a players skill or intelligence off of skin color, race anything is absolutely ridiculous
It is. And I know it sounds ridiculous that it happens but there was recently a study done on commentating in soccer. Commentators were like 3 times as likely to praise a players “power, speed and stamina” if they were black. While praising white players intelligence and creativity 5 times a much as they were praising those same attributes in black players.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
You guys laugh, but all you have to do is visit Laf/Stutzle/Drysdale's HFboards threads on the prospects page, and compare it to Byfield's. No one gets picked apart as much as he does in the comments. Compare the # of negative comments about him and to the other player's threads where its all glowing reviews and it begins to raise questions as to why. I get constructive criticism but some of them is just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. Judging by the comments, you would think he is a 7th round overager pick.

Also just google the ISS incident with him last month on Twitter. They deleted the tweet, but you can find it.

Reactions: NB613

Bubba Pilks

Jun 21, 2019
I go back and forth between Stutzle and Byfield every day. I’m glad we have the 3rd pick and can take the guy who’s left. I don’t think we can go wrong. Both studs.

I'm the same. I get super excited projecting Byfield into the lineup and then hear the 6'1 Patrick Kane as a center comparison for Stutzle and I'm equally excited.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You guys laugh, but all you have to do is visit Laf/Stutzle/Drysdale's HFboards threads on the prospects page, and compare it to Byfield's. No one gets picked apart as much as he does in the comments. Compare the # of negative comments about him and to the other player's threads where its all glowing reviews and it begins to raise questions as to why. I get constructive criticism but some of them is just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. Judging by the comments, you would think he is a 7th round overager pick.

Also just google the ISS incident with him last month on Twitter. They deleted the tweet, but you can find it.
Yeah it’s like they’ve put him in their top 5 solely just not to catch flack and keep some credibility. But then in the review is just a hack job.

like for the other guys it’s a general review Does this week does that well yada yada.
for byfield it’s super specific. Like “I went to go watch him play and he did this wrong and that wrong and he doesn’t do this and the next time I went to see him it was this.” May not have been ISS. But this is an example I’ve seen.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Not to mention “attitude problems” but baker mayfield? Nah that’s just the kind of swagger we like. Ridiculous.
I still remember teams wanting Lamar Jackson to convert to a wide receiver during the NFL draft lol.

Anyways, Stutzle is out partying in Germany celebrating that LA got the second pick. Is AJ even a reliable source?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I still remember teams wanting Lamar Jackson to convert to a wide receiver during the NFL draft lol.

Anyways, Stutzle is out partying in Germany celebrating that LA got the second pick. Is AJ even a reliable source?
Well he doesn’t strike me as a liar. Why even say it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad