Proposal: 3rd OA to Vancouver or NJ

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
They're a Devils fan tho
Doesn’t matter what fan they are. Clarke and Hughes are gone before New Jersey picks anyway. If Kraken wants Hughes Anaheim is projected to get Clarke. You’re left with Beniers.

This draft is dumb as hell, it’s such a crap shoot that it’s not even worth the time posting about it. I bet 100 bucks that 90% of all teams scouting departments don’t know a definitive 10 player list of who to draft if available. It’s more like 25

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Doesn’t matter what fan they are. Clarke and Hughes are gone before New Jersey picks anyway. If Kraken wants Hughes Anaheim is projected to get Clarke. You’re left with Beniers

I don't see that happening. Beniers will go top 3 I think, though I'd happily take him if that is the way the top 3 shake out

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
I don't see that happening. Beniers will go top 3 I think, though I'd happily take him if that is the way the top 3 shake out

Anaheim is dumb. We always take defenseman. Watch us take Edvinsson at 3. And you have your man.

Another 5 more years of the worst team in the league of scoring. Because they are allergic to forwards. Just how it is in Orange County I guess

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Anaheim is dumb. We always take defenseman. Watch us take Edvinsson at 3. And you have your man.

Another 5 more years of the worst team in the league of scoring. Because they are allergic to forwards. Just how it is in Orange County I guess

On the bright side, you guys have a great history of developing dmen. If you take one, I'd feel pretty good about him panning out

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
And I might be overeating but for some reason I feel like having the opportunity to lock up both Hughes brothers potentially for their whole careers is more important than a 3rd.

Our prospect pool is pretty deep already. I don’t see another 3rd being that important.
Uhm... :popcorn:

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
On the bright side, you guys have a great history of developing dmen. If you take one, I'd feel pretty good about him panning out

Defense doesn’t mean sh** when you can’t score goals. And if I was Zegras I would be telling the front office how I feel. You either give me help? Or I want out. I’m not doing this scoring thing by myself.

Players have authority now. Players don’t have to suffer in a crap organization. They can speak up. Baker Mayfield, Anthony Davis, Lebron James, etc etc. This isnt 1982, if I’m giving prime years? I need some fricken help. Players are speaking out. And that should be Zegras to GM Bob Murray this off season, I’ll even goto the owners if I don’t get my way.

This is ridiculous

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Doesn’t matter what fan they are. Clarke and Hughes are gone before New Jersey picks anyway. If Kraken wants Hughes Anaheim is projected to get Clarke. You’re left with Beniers.

This draft is dumb as hell, it’s such a crap shoot that it’s not even worth the time posting about it. I bet 100 bucks that 90% of all teams scouting departments don’t know a definitive 10 player list of who to draft if available. It’s more like 25

This is kind of funny. I mean first I was just responding to your one post insinuating that poster to be a Canucks fan.

I'm also a bit confused because you seem very sure Clarke and Hughes are gone by 4, and in the same breathe are willing to bet money on teams not having a definitive list if who to draft if available. I agree this draft is much more of a toss up though.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
This is kind of funny. I mean first I was just responding to your one post insinuating that poster to be a Canucks fan.

I'm also a bit confused because you seem very sure Clarke and Hughes are gone by 4, and in the same breathe are willing to bet money on teams not having a definitive list if who to draft if available. I agree this draft is much more of a toss up though.

I just know my team. My team drafts defenseman for the last 5 years in the draft. And are easily manipulative. If Kraken takes Hughes Anaheim takes Clarke.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
It's funny how simply having a players brother is somehow going to make that team draft him. Canucks will just draft the best player available. If they love a guy maybe they'll move up to get him if it makes sense. They will not be drafting Luke because they have Quinn though. Somehow all fans see this a logical step. Does it have any precedent though?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It's funny how simply having a players brother is somehow going to make that team draft him. Canucks will just draft the best player available. If they love a guy maybe they'll move up to get him if it makes sense. They will not be drafting Luke because they have Quinn though. Somehow all fans see this a logical step. Does it have any precedent though?
vancouver arranged with trades to draft both sedin twins. ;)

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
vancouver arranged with trades to draft both sedin twins. ;)
Haha true the twins thing and being linemates their whole lives was kinda the key there. But seriously it's just so strange to me. Canucks need to move up to draft Luke Hughes and then trade Pettersson for Jack Hughes it's like what about having brothers on the same team is worth anything more than just their own ability?

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019

I think Anaheim takes Beniers if he is there or Eklund. I don't think they take a Dman

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
I don’t get the fascination of having the brothers. How many cups did the Sedins combine for in Vancouver? Zero. Just pick the BPA and forget about trying to unite the brothers.

I agree that bringing brothers together has a weird amount of clout in hockey, but bringing up the Sedins as a point against the idea has got to be the dumbest example you could find, lol

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I agree that bringing brothers together has a weird amount of clout in hockey, but bringing up the Sedins as a point against the idea has got to be the dumbest example you could find, lol
Some Vancouver fans are losing their nuts trying to find a way to acquire all three brother. Like it’s the golden ticket to the cup. I was simply pointing out that they had one of the best brother duo’s in the league and the best it hit them was “close but no cigar”. Just stay the course. Pick the BPA and build a competitive team.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
I think Anaheim takes Beniers if he is there or Eklund. I don't think they take a Dman

I have no belief in Murray taking Beniers. He loves defenseman. The only reason why Anaheim drafted Zegras was because his scouts were going to cream him in the war room of that pick being unanimous. Other than that, I see Anaheim taking Edvinsson because of the Ducks and Swede relationship.

So you guys have your guys. It’s nothing to worry about. Anaheim sucks again until Murray is fired. Or Buffalo trades us Eichel to help Comtois and Zegras

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad