Value of: 3rd line center to Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
If anything, it's indulging in his skill-set. Having two guys great at face-offs at C and W creates a crazy double-threat on face-offs I've never seen before. Can put out Couturier for D zone draws and if he gets thrown it Giroux comes in. Put out Giroux for offensive zone draws and if he gets thrown out Couturier comes in.

Furthermore, he's free of the extra responsibility that comes with being a center such as having extra D responsibility. This setup also allows him to play with our best two-way forward and arguably the second best forward on the team (depends on your valuation for two-way skill-sets, gets tricky at that point). His goal-scoring is no joke so whether he's playing the role of a finisher or playmaker or setup man it doesn't make a ton of difference.

This is exactly what Im talking about when I say wasting his skillset, he was 'freed' of his responsibility. He can line up against the best centers and shut them down and score.

Putting up points isn't his best season, its doing half of what he can do, well.

If he wasn't putting up points that we know he can as a center, its probably because he doesn't have the right wingers.

Paging @A1LeafNation to respond to everyone calling them out :laugh:

See above, its the same thing for everyone.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Brian Little with Jets retaining a %?

To me Little would be close to ideal. And if the acquisition cost was less I think no retention would be needed.

The Jets don't have a lot of needs and could probably just use straight picks as currency in future trades.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
I would be equally as cocky if my team just signed JT. However lets see how far Toronto's defensive depth gets the leafs....ok I'm jealous and that's all I got.

Thank you for taking a simple joke for what it was. I swear, the way some people get so butt hurt around is ridiculous. You would swear I had made some racist, chauvinistic, child molester type joke the way some people react. So again, I applaud you good sir for having some fun with it

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Thank you for taking a simple joke for what it was. I swear, the way some people get so butt hurt around is ridiculous. You would swear I had made some racist, chauvinistic, child molester type joke the way some people react. So again, I applaud you good sir for having some fun with it

The problem is, your 'joke' is a very real problem on HF that is running rampant, and therefore hard to tell if its a joke or not. That, and it had absolutely no bearing of reference. A toronto player wasnt even being discussed.

Reactions: Tripod

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
The problem is, your 'joke' is a very real problem on HF that is running rampant, and therefore hard to tell if its a joke or not. That, and it had absolutely no bearing of reference. A toronto player wasnt even being discussed.

No, but a third line center was asked about, hence the Kadri mention as a third line center. Whether or not jokes of that nature are "running rampant " what is so wrong with that. Maybe everyone that is so sensitive should take a step back and realize what this board is, a bunch of hockey fans discussing hockey. And one of the best things about being a hockey fan is chirping back and forth with buddies about the game. Life is serious enough as it is. Really no need to make mountains out of molehills

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No, but a third line center was asked about, hence the Kadri mention as a third line center. Whether or not jokes of that nature are "running rampant " what is so wrong with that. Maybe everyone that is so sensitive should take a step back and realize what this board is, a bunch of hockey fans discussing hockey. And one of the best things about being a hockey fan is chirping back and forth with buddies about the game. Life is serious enough as it is. Really no need to make mountains out of molehills

Its not the jokes that are running rampant - its the leafs fans on this site pretending like everyone thinks their players arent worth anything. Perhaps they could use a bit of your advice, but sadly its wasted on me.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hextall has talked about trading for one if they need. I’m sure he was in on ROR but that was too costly all around. I think the best bet is to have the kids fight it out for the 3C. Keep Laughton at 4C. Then if it does not workout make a trade to get a good one with 1-2 years left on the contract. I think they’ll have one of the kids in that spot though. More than likely they won’t have any other rookies coming up this year so one shouldn’t be an issue in their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad