Proposal: #3C to Edmonton

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Danault has 1 year left on his deal and you think that returns a blue chip RD prospect and a 1st for a player who would be a 3C in Edmonton? That’s about the most unrealistic ask I’ve seen on here in forever

I meant for a signed Danault assuming Edmonton can get rid of Russell first. Bouchard is a really good prospect but Danault is a 50-60 pts (mostly 5-5) defensive monster playing 18-20 mins per game. The 1st should be a late pick. But I don't think Mtl has any interest in moving Danault before Suzuki and KK prove that they can hold down the forge at center.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I meant for a signed Danault assuming Edmonton can get rid of Russell first. Bouchard is a really good prospect but Danault is a 50-60 pts (mostly 5-5) defensive monster playing 18-20 mins per game. The 1st should be a late pick. But I don't think Mtl has any interest in moving Danault before Suzuki and KK prove that they can hold down the forge at center.

Good player no doubt but does he get 20 mins playing behind McDavid and Draisaitl? We need Bouchard to hit as our transition offensive D much more than we need a 3C even a higher end guy like Danault

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Montreal better not move Danault. He is very under rated. Will leave hole in our team.

I see potential 3 team deal. McCann in Edmonton. Poolparty, Murray, Oilers 7th, and Pens first in Montreal. Domi, Lindgren and Caps 3rd in Pitt?

Poehling is closer to replace Danault than most people would think...

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Poehling is closer to replace Danault than most people would think...
no.... not at all. People are sleeping on Danault.

He has speed
HE produce around 50-60p
Fit on every type of line
Coaches love him
Leads the Lockeroom
top Defensive C in the league

it's worth Bouchard + (25-35)pick

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
What about Danault for Bouchard+1st (lottery protected)? Or something along that line...
Danault currently makes 3 000 000 + 1 year remaining on current deal then will be unrestricted.
He isn't signing any extension if its under 5.500 000 per. He'll go to free agency and likely get more.
Does Edmonton want their 3rd line center making that much ? Doubtful.

Last edited:

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Tierney would fit well there I feel. Idk how to value pool party rn but I still would take a chance on him.

Pool party +3rd or 4th? Idk

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
no.... not at all. People are sleeping on Danault.

He has speed
HE produce around 50-60p
Fit on every type of line
Coaches love him
Leads the Lockeroom
top Defensive C in the league

it's worth Bouchard + (25-35)pick

Wrong, he fits well with grinder type of players, not with skilled ones... Poehling isnt there yet, but he is closer than what you think and has more offense than Danault in him... No way I re-sign Danault with Poehling in the system unless there is very little progression over the bext year...

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
I like Henrique as a 3rd line centre for the Oilers but Neal would have to be going the other way to make the cap work.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I like Henrique as a 3rd line centre for the Oilers but Neal would have to be going the other way to make the cap work.

Even still that’s a poor allocation of cap. Neal is likely bought out after next season or an asset given to Seattle to select him. I want no part of a long term 3C at near $6 million per nevermind the assets it cost for Henrique and to dump James Neal now.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Even still that’s a poor allocation of cap. Neal is likely bought out after next season or an asset given to Seattle to select him. I want no part of a long term 3C at near $6 million per nevermind the assets it cost for Henrique and to dump James Neal now.
Henrique will not have high value due to his contract. I am in the camp of turning a problem into a solution than having more dead cap space, especially in a flat cap world

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Truthfully he has had over 50pts once 53 last season. Hard to justify calling him a 50-60 point guy. I like Danault but at 27 he is what he is so I don’t see him upping his production by 15 points over his average. I also believe his production would dry up playing 3rd line C in Edmonton. Danault has benefitted from playing time and line mates because of the lack of C depth in years gone by.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Henrique will not have high value due to his contract. I am in the camp of turning a problem into a solution than having more dead cap space, especially in a flat cap world

Henrique‘a contract goes till 23-24. Neal is likely bought out after next season. Need to focus on the long term gains. Henrique is 30. That contract will be Neal bad within 2 years

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Truthfully he has had over 50pts once 53 last season. Hard to justify calling him a 50-60 point guy. I like Danault but at 27 he is what he is so I don’t see him upping his production by 15 points over his average. I also believe his production would dry up playing 3rd line C in Edmonton. Danault has benefitted from playing time and line mates because of the lack of C depth in years gone by.
C'mon man. He had 47 pts in 71 games this year. He would have 50+. Agree with you that if he had lesser wingers than Gallagher and Tatar, he would not hit 50 pts especially if he gets no PP time. But still, the point remains that he's a damn good defensive center who can put points up ton the scoreboard

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Premier assets available: Larsson, Puljujarvi, Athanasiou.
Secondary assets: Kassian, Chiasson, Neal, Russell.

Not from us at least. We don’t need to be paying 14th overall picks for a center when we already have McDrai. All we need is someone to play a solid 2 way game and give us 30-35 points a season in the 3c hole.

McCann fits that mold. What’s your best offer?

I remember talking to a Pens fan about Larsson for McCann + Murray. What do you have to say about that.

I would offer Puljujarvi for him straight up, maybe a late pick attached.

Larsson plays the wrong side for the Pens to fully maximize his addition. Barring some kind of Letang trade, that is.

That was me actually. There was a plus to Larsson, like 3rd or so. I would do that deal but I’ve learned that other pens fans aren’t as high on Larsson.

Idk why. I think he’s great a pretty underrated.

As a Pens fan, from their roster they've got McCann and, if healthy, Nick Bjugstad who seem to fit the Oiler's needs.

Larsson isn't much of a need unless he can play both sides on defense and is an asset to the powerplay. Which I don't think he does either of those things.

Puljujarvi is certainly of interest to me, but his waiver status is concerning. I've got no clue what his value is given his situation.

Other names from Edmonton that I can see of interest to the Pens and that the Oilers may consider trading are: Athanasiou, Chiasson, Khaira, Klefbom, and Nurse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad