Proposal: #3C to Edmonton

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Alexandre Kerfoot. His contract is 3.5 million I think. I'd do something around Russell and a 2nd or 3rd

Edit: nvm just realized Russell gets paid 4 million. Maybe change that to Benning and a 3rd instead. Leafs save some capspace still from that deal

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I’d still like to see the Habs to take a chance on Puljujarvi.

I’ll be honest I don’t think many teams would pay a premium for him as he kind of wanted out. Not playing. The chances he has gotten and not much yet. I mean he is still only 22. Canadian markets younger players tend to be considered busts a lot faster than in other markets if not in the lineup by 21 at the latest.

I just have a hard time gauging value on him as it’s hit or miss on who you talk to from Oilers fans. Some agree there is no value at the moment and some still want premium. If he could get it together I could see him being great with a Kotkaniemi. That’s what’s keeping me interested as both are big body with loads of talent.

I know Domi will come up. But I don’t think there would be a package that could be made as the Habs don’t need Larsson. Nurse just starts to muddy the water for a deal IMO. I just would like to see what a deal just for Puljujarvi would look like.

Last edited:

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
How about

To Edmonton- Tierney RFA rights + Nilsson $1 retained ($1.6 cap and 1.4 salary)

To Ottawa- Edm 2020 1st + Russell after bonus paid ($4 cap and $1.5 salary)

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Alexandre Kerfoot. His contract is 3.5 million I think. I'd do something around Russell and a 2nd or 3rd

Edit: nvm just realized Russell gets paid 4 million. Maybe change that to Benning and a 3rd instead. Leafs save some capspace still from that deal

If he's a poor 3C on the Leafs, what makes you think he'll be any better on the Oilers? They have the exact same needs for that role.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
How about

To Edmonton- Tierney RFA rights + Nilsson $1 retained ($1.6 cap and 1.4 salary)

To Ottawa- Edm 2020 1st + Russell after bonus paid ($4 cap and $1.5 salary)

No chance he lands 1st. Jesus you are greedy!

Edit: That above comment was unkind. Let's just say that is an overpayment from the Oilers.

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Not from us at least. We don’t need to be paying 14th overall picks for a center when we already have McDrai. All we need is someone to play a solid 2 way game and give us 30-35 points a season in the 3c hole.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
On his own, he wouldn’t be worth a 1st but add on the Russell $4 mill cap dump and that is a lot of value. Ottawa would not trade for Russell Without a significant sweetener, nor does Ottawa need to trade Tierney.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not from us at least. We don’t need to be paying 14th overall picks for a center when we already have McDrai. All we need is someone to play a solid 2 way game and give us 30-35 points a season in the 3c hole.
Tyler Bozak is your guy.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
McCann fits that mold. What’s your best offer?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Montreal being stacked at Center could make a prospect like Poehling expendable. I kinda hate trading the guy without giving him a second full pro year under development but with Suzuki, Kotkaniemi maturing faster than we thought playing 1-2C and Danault still fairly young and taking huge shutdown minutes. I can’t see Poehling finding a spot for himself unless he forces Montreals hand as a LW power foward, then again LW is a decent position right now.

i could see a
1 for 1 swap for Puljujarvi

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I remember talking to a Pens fan about Larsson for McCann + Murray. What do you have to say about that.

I would offer Puljujarvi for him straight up, maybe a late pick attached.

Larsson plays the wrong side for the Pens to fully maximize his addition. Barring some kind of Letang trade, that is.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Done . Fax the paper work to the NHL

Reactions: Petrus

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Wouldn't do Kerfoot for Russell one-for-one honestly. The term attached to his deal is going to turn away most suitors. Not the type of guy you want centering the third line in a playoff game.

When it comes to guys the Leafs are shopping this summer I'm not sure Johnsson turns a lot of heads either. In a flat cap 3 more years of $3.5m for a depth forward is a lot.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We've talked over Turris-for-Neal on this board before. I'm a little doubtful about Turris being all that great as a #3C, he seems to need slightly more skilled wingers than that role usually entails and a little PP time to truly contribute. But who knows. He skates well and killed penalties well for us when he got the chance, so maybe he's better than nothing and you don't really lose anything on the $$$ side if it's Neal you dump for him. Kinda like for us, we have a need for a 2nd line winger, and maybe Neal can't quite keep up anymore, but at least he could be tried and the $$$ is no worse than Turris in the experiment.

Our other options would be Bonino or Jarnkrok. I don't think we want to trade Bonino, he was excellent for us, but if the team heads more towards "rebuild" than "retool" he probably isn't completely off the table. Just if the team does go that direction it probably means we want higher end futures for him, instead of the types of players listed. Or at least it's Pulju in that list that we'd probably look at in a Bonino scenario.

Jarnkrok has played center in the past, though not recently. But he was pretty decent on draws and PK iirc. His main issue is a lack of physical strength there, but he plays both ways pretty well, is cheap, and has ample versatility to move up and down and sideways in the lineup as needed. Let's say something involving Larsson this time, from the list. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad