Proposal: #3C to Edmonton

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
As a Pens fan, from their roster they've got McCann and, if healthy, Nick Bjugstad who seem to fit the Oiler's needs.

Larsson isn't much of a need unless he can play both sides on defense and is an asset to the powerplay. Which I don't think he does either of those things.

Puljujarvi is certainly of interest to me, but his waiver status is concerning. I've got no clue what his value is given his situation.

Other names from Edmonton that I can see of interest to the Pens and that the Oilers may consider trading are: Athanasiou, Chiasson, Khaira, Klefbom, and Nurse.

You are 100% right. Larsson has no business on the PP and plays RHD exclusively.

The return for Nurse or Klefbom would have to be extremely high for Edmonton to consider moving either. Klef is their #1(really, a #2 on other teams) and is signed for three more years for cheap and Nurse is a #3 and has a good bridge deal.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Henrique‘a contract goes till 23-24. Neal is likely bought out after next season. Need to focus on the long term gains. Henrique is 30. That contract will be Neal bad within 2 years
Let's say hypothetically Oilers trade Puljujarvi, Neal FOR Henrique, would you do it?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
C'mon man. He had 47 pts in 71 games this year. He would have 50+. Agree with you that if he had lesser wingers than Gallagher and Tatar, he would not hit 50 pts especially if he gets no PP time. But still, the point remains that he's a damn good defensive center who can put points up ton the scoreboard
Never argued that he wasn't a good player, but selling Danault as a 50-60 pt player is as genuine as calling Domi a 70-80 pt player. I like Danault, I agree he is a very good defensive forward. I am concerned he will want a Brock Nelson type deal after next season in which case he would not be as good of a value, but to use a career high points as the potential low point mark for a 27 year old player seems like trying to "used car salesman" him a little bit.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I don‘t get it.
You have McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH.
On some teams those would be first line C.
And you still want more C?

Why not go the cheaper route and try to find some LW who fit the team? (And real D, yours suck)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad