Post-Game Talk: #39 | Coyotes at Flyers | January 5, 2023

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
They're good at beating teams worse than they are. That's over for a while. :laugh:

View attachment 631056
Some people on here could have said we will have the JVR parade down broad street and be the 25th best team in the league cause torts will get the most out of his system this year. Good enough to be out of top 4 and no Bedard. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hayes value is just going up and up and up...move him
Take my hayes
PLEASE!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
By the way, did Ghost dress?
He was horrendous. And I’m not only talking about the Allison goal, where Ghost turned over the puck to Hayes, who sprung Allison, who then skated through a feeble Ghost in the low slot en route to the net.

Reactions: Flyerfan18

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think anyone has endorsed the sequence of events that lead to Ghost leaving and Risto arriving.
But the incessant puffing of Ghost deserves a push back, he was bad last night, I counted 3 turnovers in the first 30 minutes . . .
Meanwhile, TDA is erratic as hell, but more talented offensively, "if he only had a brain . . ."

We had no chance of finishing in the bottom three, we're just not that putrid. As far as Bedard, whether we finish 5th or 7th won't make much difference. As long as we win b/c young players are stepping up, I'm fine - I just don't want to win b/c a bunch of veterans have career years.

Oh yeah, player development, playing 5 guys 25 and under in the top 6? Allison getting steady minutes since he got healthy. York in the top 4 after he turned his season around in LHV. That's a solid core of players, they just need more. As long as they pick in the top 15 the next couple years, they should add two more solid starters.

This is not a PO team, they're not even a .500 team (W/L+OT), but they're not awful like last season.

They need to move JVR at the TDL and Hayes this summer, for one thing, Couts and Atkinson will probably return next year and that's all the veterans they need, for another, they've gotten faster but can still use more speed. A deal for Provorov should also be explored. Don't have to burn the house down, but some major remodeling is in order.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
4 game winning streak on the heels of Bedard having a phenomenal tournament. We live in hell.

Nah.....hell is coming.........

1673016212122.png

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Probably favorably comparable to the rest of the team once you remove their two best games as "outliers" as well.

For someone who claims not to have irrational dislikes of players, you are VERY salty about him having good games .
We are not talking about the rest of the team though. You can have that discussion if you like. Remove TK and Hayes 2 best games then compare. Let me know how it looks.

How am I salty? I am cracking up laughing if anything. Sorry I don't get all excite about someone who 42% of his point is against a sad sack Arizona team. FFC out in full today.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I don't think anyone has endorsed the sequence of events that lead to Ghost leaving and Risto arriving.
But the incessant puffing of Ghost deserves a push back, he was bad last night, I counted 3 turnovers in the first 30 minutes . . .
Meanwhile, TDA is erratic as hell, but more talented offensively, "if he only had a brain . . ."

We had no chance of finishing in the bottom three, we're just not that putrid. As far as Bedard, whether we finish 5th or 7th won't make much difference. As long as we win b/c young players are stepping up, I'm fine - I just don't want to win b/c a bunch of veterans have career years.

Oh yeah, player development, playing 5 guys 25 and under in the top 6? Allison getting steady minutes since he got healthy. York in the top 4 after he turned his season around in LHV. That's a solid core of players, they just need more. As long as they pick in the top 15 the next couple years, they should add two more solid starters.

This is not a PO team, they're not even a .500 team (W/L+OT), but they're not awful like last season.

They need to move JVR at the TDL and Hayes this summer, for one thing, Couts and Atkinson will probably return next year and that's all the veterans they need, for another, they've gotten faster but can still use more speed. A deal for Provorov should also be explored. Don't have to burn the house down, but some major remodeling is in order.
Stop with the age 25 and under stuff. NHL age > actual age. Besides look at all the teams in the division. Then lock at their 25 and under. Does that make you all warm and fuzzy?

A solid core that almost every NHL team and match or exceed.

They will be "competitive" the rest of the way. Then they will sell they now have a year under Torts. With Couturier and Cam returning. Ellis making progress we are excited about next year. That will be the spin. Playoff push here we come.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Your constant minimization of the matter and all matters is an endorsement of it.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
any games against Arizona left? what is his pace excluding those 2 outliers.
There are outliers on the other side as well...where he was playing with some of the NHL's worst forwards. Yes, 8 points in two games is an extreme outlier, but so is actively playing your 2nd or 3rd best offensive player in roles where it's almost impossible to score.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
There are outliers on the other side as well...where he was playing with some of the NHL's worst forwards. Yes, 8 points in two games is an extreme outlier, but so is actively playing your 2nd or 3rd best offensive player in roles where it's almost impossible to score.
There are always outliers of some sort. I don't disagree to an extent he was with some slop players. At some point the excuses and whatever else has to be curbed just a little. Lets see him produce the rest of the way as he is getting favorable minutes and line mates. Been that way for a while now. The Flyers desperately need him to step up and be piece to move forward with. Preferably 2nd line center. We shall see how it shakes out.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost has worked his way into a bigger role, partially by improved play off the puck, partially by default.
He's not our 2nd or 3rd best offensive player right now, TK, Hayes, Farabee, JVR are all better.

Farabee is struggling, yet still scoring at a high pace, 2.37 pp/60 for the season. Imagine if he had an offseason to get stronger . . .
Hayes is racking up points with two limited offensive linemates in Laughton and Allison.
JVR is a proven top 6 winger.

This season IS about development, hopefully Frost can grow into a 2C role, and Cates a solid 3C/2LW.

Reactions: jabba2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad