GDT: #39| Apr. 9, 2013| Flyers at Islanders| 7:00 p.m. ET

Yukon Cornelius*

Are you people serious? You're happy with the play of Giroux? He's taken a big step back and looks nowhere near as passionate or creative as he was last season.

Now, is that to say we're writing him off? Of course not, he's a world class talent and I have every confidence he'll return to form but this attitude that he is immune to criticism is ridiculous from a fan base that is looking for it's organization to set things straight again.

In many ways, it begins with Giroux. Finding him a true No.1 winger on his left side is obviously crucial. Hartnell, we all know, is a 2nd liner who doesn't have the creativity or foot speed to play full time with a player of G's skill-set. Read looked uninspired on his wing and the two had little to no chemistry together.

In a perfect world, Briere and Bryz are bought out in order to get under the cap and still have room to trade and sign a Bobby Ryan/ Jonathan Bernier type situation.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
No one on this team is as bad as they appear this season. The sum if the parts is worse than the pieces.

That, and you really need to pause and look at the D that is out there.

I agree. But I think management/coaching truly screwed over this team. Relied on too much growth from young players who play for a coach who IMO isn't the best with young kids. Couturier this season, JvR in the past. And boy, don't even get me started on the defense. It's quite sad, and btw I don't think Giroux is to blame, but to say he couldn't be doing better in these big games is selling him short. We need him to completely DOMINATE these primetime games, like Nash has been doing lately at the Garden, or how Ovechkin has been doing lately. He has the skill set, his teammates have sucked, but he COULD be producing more. But still, by far G isn't the biggest problem this team has.

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
I blame Bryz for tonights loss, might as well join the clueless crowd for a while. so none of you has noticed that it makes no difference who is in net here. the defensive system or lack of one is CLEARLY to blame. Why do we give up SO MANY chances from dead center of the slot yet our offense wants to shoot and is set up to shoot from wide angles outside the face-off circles, which makes it soooo much easier for a goalie to stop. Our defensive system allows opposing offences to come right down the middle all the while backing up, what a joke. Basic defense taught in youth programs is to funnel the offense to the OUTSIDE...OUTSIDE, but you all know better...it's the goalie stupid!!!

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
C'mon people, did we really expect the flyers to do anything with this joke of D-men and goaltender? There needs to be some serious moves in the offseason.

Look on the bright side, if we play like this were right back to a top 5 draft pick!

:handclap:

SchennSational1022*

I hope you guys are aware you can only use one buyout per summer so one of Briere and Bryz is staying. Mason looked well tonight he made some saves that are automatic goals with Bryz. Im not sure if he's the answer to this team but our biggest problem is our transition game. We need a puck mover desperately. Its glareing and our biggest need. I feel were gonna see a whole revamped roster next year.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
No one on this team is as bad as they appear this season. The sum if the parts is worse than the pieces.

That, and you really need to pause and look at the D that is out there.

That's probably right.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I hope you guys are aware you can only use one buyout per summer so one of Briere and Bryz is staying. Mason looked well tonight he made some saves that are automatic goals with Bryz. Im not sure if he's the answer to this team but our biggest problem is our transition game. We need a puck mover desperately. Its glareing and our biggest need. I feel were gonna see a whole revamped roster next year.

Even if you were allowed to use both buy-outs this summer Bryz would still be here next year.

Yukon Cornelius*

I wasn't aware of that. I've always understood that while the buyout is limited to 2 contracts and two off-seasons, you have the option to exercise both buyouts in one off-season. My mistake.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
No. It's definitely both. The goaltending and the defense/defensive system have been equally trash, it has been that way all year, save for an odd game here and there.

no. it has not been the case.
Bryz was very very good at season's start, despite this team's D.

go back and check the GDTs: common theme: "hopefully Bryz can keep this up when the rest of the team finally wakes up"

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
no. it has not been the case.
Bryz was very very good at season's start, despite this team's D.

go back and check the GDTs: common theme: "hopefully Bryz can keep this up when the rest of the team finally wakes up"

That's why I said outside a game here or there. Bryz was good for the first 10 games or so. Then what happened? The defense wasn't any good then or now, so what's the only thing that has changed? Bryz's play? Although if the team doesn't respond well to Mason then I will agree that Bryz shouldn't have been blamed as much as he has been by me or the others. But he still does deserve some of the blame.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I'm just coming here, not to troll, but to genuinely say that I am truly sorry that you guys have to watch Bruno Gervais. Ugh, his play used to make me sick and he was pretty brutal for you guys tonight.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm just coming here, not to troll, but to genuinely say that I am truly sorry that you guys have to watch Bruno Gervais. Ugh, his play used to make me sick and he was pretty brutal for you guys tonight.

He wasn't too bad earlier this year when he was playing bottom pairing minutes. Our defense took a big hit this year in injuries and he had to jump up to play top 4 minutes which he normally can't handle. He's not a bad 6/7 defensemen but he's not good enough to play in the top 4 but when you have two of your normal top 4 defensemen go out what can you do?

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad