Harrisburg, PA
flyers.nhl.com
It's not absurd.

It's fact.

HUGE GAME.

NO SHOTS.

Opposite of clutch.

Fact.

You really should take a break from the forums. It's absurd that you're blaming this on Giroux. All three of our other lines are trash offensively. Giroux isn't a Crosby or Malkin. Nor is he a magician that can turn a sub par team into an offensive juggernaut. Your expectations are way too high and you need a reality check.

mailman89

Jan 30, 2013
What just Happen

Really Flyers Really???????? Miss some of game . How was Mason? At the point fire all and no one is not tradable start over again Goalie out.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I can't believe there are people actually blaming Giroux for this. Giroux and Voracek on a line together have been one of the few bright spots on the team this season.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Great, than we still amnesty your boy

i don't care what they do. or who is in net. nobody is "my boy".

i want the CUP. period. Bryz, Bob, Mason, Thomas, Luongo ... I DON'T CARE - i just want 1 CUP.

Mason made no difference tonite. buy Bryz out, i don't care. we will not win with this lack of effort & turnovers & undefended opponents.

period.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
You really should take a break from the forums. It's absurd that you're blaming this on Giroux. All three of our other lines are trash offensively. Giroux isn't a Crosby or Malkin. Nor is he a magician that can turn a sub par team into an offensive juggernaut. Your expectations are way too high and you need a reality check.

I'm not blaming it on him. I am just remarking that The Great and Powerful Roo came up small. WAY SMALL. I think it is now three goals in the last eleven KEY games.

He's a big part of the problem.

The Flyers needed a huge captain and he gave them puny.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was wondering when the resident squawker would start going after Giroux. Turnabout became fairplay when it came to coaching changes, and certain former quitters and chokers have turned out to be otherwise, so the goalposts were moved again. It's never upper management's problem though.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
I was looking at Jagr's numbers the other day and noticed that the washed up tired used up listless heavy legged guy has more goals than ****** ******.

Bad year.

teegale

Hartnell Down!
Dec 12, 2007
Harrisburg, PA
flyers.nhl.com
I'm not blaming it on him. I am just remarking that The Great and Powerful Roo came up small. WAY SMALL. I think it is now three goals in the last eleven KEY games.

He's a big part of the problem.

The Flyers needed a huge captain and he gave them puny.

You're delirious. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with these forums. A bunch of emo kids who point fingers and jump ship game to game.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
You're delirious. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with these forums. A bunch of emo kids who point fingers and jump ship game to game.

You have me confused with someone else.

Go look at his game log. Over the past dozen all-important games He Has Done Nothing.

Jordan941

Apr 16, 2012
A lot of Giroux trashing going on here, and although a few of us expected a bit more from him this year, Jake Voracek has been incredible and a pleasant surprise.

I think most nights this season Voracek has shown more ability and patience than Roo, it seems like Roo is just trying to force a lot more than he did last year.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It's not absurd.

It's fact.

HUGE GAME.

NO SHOTS.

Opposite of clutch.

Fact.

I have to agree with you. This kind of game he should be all over the place. He seems very fringe this season. I think he will put it together but he's supposed to be our man and captain.

teegale

Hartnell Down!
Dec 12, 2007
Harrisburg, PA
flyers.nhl.com

Go look at his game log. Over the past dozen all-important games He Has Done Nothing.

So what you're saying is for 3.7mil you could find me a better competitor, a better center, a better captain, a better player statistically for the price? You're full of ****. The problem isn't Giroux, it's our depth. After Voracek and Giroux there's a steady drop in points. You can't rely on one ****ing line to win you the god damn game.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
No one on this team is as bad as they appear this season. The sum if the parts is worse than the pieces.

That, and you really need to pause and look at the D that is out there.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It's comical how some posters come out of their hiding and can get some so riled up. To some of the newer posters, you got to weed out the kid posters here trying to start trouble.

teegale

Hartnell Down!
Dec 12, 2007
Harrisburg, PA
flyers.nhl.com
A lot of Giroux trashing going on here, and although a few of us expected a bit more from him this year, Jake Voracek has been incredible and a pleasant surprise.

I think most nights this season Voracek has shown more ability and patience than Roo, it seems like Roo is just trying to force a lot more than he did last year.

A lot which can be attributed directly to Roo. Not saying Jake hasn't come into his own, but you have to think that Roo makes him that much better when paired together. He's forcing a lot of stuff because he has to, we don't have enough depth to compete.

Jumping

Jun 17, 2010
Atlanta Ga

Yeah, like the Pens playoff game last year when he decked Crosby and then got a goal.

I think Giroux is hurt and he is doing his best. Two broken wrists repaired in the off season... bet you couldn't type for a year after that. Can't train with that either.

Giroux isn't the problem, depth is a problem, players wrong for the "system" and a goalie who is a cancer is the problem.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Jagr is the one player the Flyers shouldn't have left go. He was one of the best players on controlling the puck and the team really looked up to him. He brought a lot of team chemistry.

Yes, I think you are right. Even though his time left in the NHL is short, they should try to get him back this summer....

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yes, I think you are right. Even though his time left in the NHL is short, they should try to get him back this summer....

Holmgren regrets it...

Does this team miss Jaromir Jagr?

“Doesn’t make any sense to look back on that,†Holmgren replied. “Obviously, he was a big benefit to Claude and Scotty last year. Sometimes you have to move on.

“We were not in a situation last summer to do anything at that time. Whether we would have later, I still don’t know. But I have moved on from that.â€

http://www.csnphilly.com/flyers/holm...ing-major-move

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad