Post-Game Talk: #38 | FLYERS at Islanders | Monday, Jan. 17, 2022 | 7:30 pm ET | TVAS, MSG+, NBCSP

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think the worst part right now is how the entire organization, including the players, just seems totally fine with all of this. The losing culture has firmly taken root. Its going to be a very painful run similar to what Buffalo has been going through. This isnt ending any year soon.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
This has to be the lowest point for the franchise right?

When we trade Giroux at the deadline and you see the roster the flyers put out there, then we can debate whether the 22 flyers 07 flyers or all the way back to expansion team early year flyers were in worse shape. And 22 is gaining ground for worst talented/coached team like Secretariat.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This has to be the lowest point for the franchise right?

Ahhhh misguided and incorrect optimism.

0b8345aa-3273-43a0-a68f-3f22bd090149_text.gif

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
There's plenty to be positive about. I mean they are not even worse team in the league, still room to be worse. I have 100% confidence they can do it. Yotes and MTL will make it hard but this team has shown they have it in them.
Whne this team trades G Braun and Risto (they better bleeping trade Risto) we can earn the 4th/6th most Wright ping pong balls.
Seattle MTL Arizona are special kind of bad. Buffalo and Ottawa are catchable. Come on Yeo you can out stink Buffalo.

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
Speaking of something to prove shirts, those reminded me of a song with the same title. The song isn’t the best but I think the second verse fits this team:
You keep on bragging about your so-called crew
But we don't see anything you do
You tell old tales that never were
Inventing a scene you'll never have
Something to prove

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I think the worst part right now is how the entire organization, including the players, just seems totally fine with all of this. The losing culture has firmly taken root. Its going to be a very painful run similar to what Buffalo has been going through. This isnt ending any year soon.

Which is unfortunately why much of the team, including those like Konecny and Provorov, in other words, the guys who were supposed to backstop us into modern day hockey, should be shipped out for the right offer. It’ll be doing them a favour to play on real hockey teams, with real coaches. The stink is that much ingrained that only the most recent poor bastards like Hart and Farabee can be spared.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Which is unfortunately why much of the team, including those like Konecny and Provorov, in other words, the guys who were supposed to backstop us into modern day hockey, should be shipped out for the right offer. It’ll be doing them a favour to play on real hockey teams, with real coaches. The stink is that much ingrained that only the most recent poor bastards like Hart and Farabee can be spared.

The loser culture begins squarely with Hakstol, and Fletcher is the worst possible following act.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Konecny doesn’t belong in that disappointment conversation. He’s playing very well… just with absolutely horrible luck and terrible usage.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
When we trade Giroux at the deadline and you see the roster the flyers put out there, then we can debate whether the 22 flyers 07 flyers or all the way back to expansion team early year flyers were in worse shape. And 22 is gaining ground for worst talented/coached team like Secretariat.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Giroux doesn't get traded. Really.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

I can't decide what would be more Fletcher - traded for an underwhelming return or not trades/re-signed.

Which trait is more dominant - failing to recognize proper value or bleeding value?

Actually, it's Chuck - which trait is more submissive?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Reminds me a bit of the Sundin situation in Toronto. It was his time to go, but declined a deadline move and walked in the summer leaving the Leafs with nothing. :laugh:

I honestly couldn't care less if G does the same. He's earned the right to do whatever he wants.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad